Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 643 644 [645] 646 647 ... 667

Author Topic: Currently listening to...  (Read 597246 times)

Bobber

Re: Currently listening to...
« Reply #12880 on: September 10, 2020, 07:56:44 AM »

So have thousands of other restaurants in New York, for good I'm afraid.

Cuomo killed not only restaurants but also...

The world is bigger than New York, or the USA for that matter. Restaurants, clubs, festivals, live music, cafes ACROSS THE WORLD have gotten into deep financial trouble. All the fault of Cuomo or the American Democratic Party I guess. I really feel sorry for the Americans on this forum, to have to live in a land that is so divided and so full of hate.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12881 on: September 10, 2020, 11:28:35 AM »

I thought you did! I think we figured out there your uniform was cuter. I really hated having to wear pantyhose. Before ours closed the waitresses wore khakis and a polo shirt.

Oh, that's right! Yes, my Friendly's uniform was one of the more tolerable ones. Now, my Wegmans uniform was truly hideous. A polyester brown tunic and polyester brown pants. My skin gets uncomfortably itchy just thinking about it.

KelMar

« Reply #12882 on: September 13, 2020, 09:38:55 PM »

I really feel sorry for the Americans on this forum, to have to live in a land that is so divided and so full of hate.

There’s still a lot that’s good about our country, Cor. Unfortunately, we’ve got so many negative things happening right now that you’d have to live here and experience the good to know it exists. It often makes our local news but I’m sure those stories don’t leave the area. The thing that bothers me the most right now is that I do my best to keep my political views to myself because I know I won’t change anyone’s mind. The same courtesy is seldom returned. I am definitely in the minority around here and people just assume that everyone else feels the same way they do. It goes on in my family too but not in my immediate one. I do have strong opinions now but I liked it a lot better when I didn’t.

KelMar

« Reply #12883 on: September 13, 2020, 09:51:16 PM »

Friendly’s here just closed.

I stand corrected. It’s reopened. We have five restaurants in our tiny town that have done well. The city nearby where everyone here does their shopping etc. has only had one closing and I think that was on horizon before this happened.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #12884 on: September 13, 2020, 11:18:33 PM »

The world is bigger than New York, or the USA for that matter. Restaurants, clubs, festivals, live music, cafes ACROSS THE WORLD have gotten into deep financial trouble. All the fault of Cuomo or the American Democratic Party I guess.

The thing that bothers me the most right now is that I do my best to keep my political views to myself because I know I won’t change anyone’s mind.

When politicians make uninformed medical decisions, I take offense and am vocal.
I can stay till it's time to go

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12885 on: September 13, 2020, 11:23:20 PM »

The thing that bothers me the most right now is that I do my best to keep my political views to myself because I know I won’t change anyone’s mind.

It's gotten downright dangerous here in the United States to share any opinions that do not conform to certain viewpoints. I find the recent lack of freedom of speech profoundly disturbing.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 04:30:41 AM by Normandie »

KelMar

« Reply #12886 on: September 14, 2020, 02:34:21 AM »

When I said "here" I was referring to where I live, not the forum. It's pretty quiet at the library now but when things are normal I have to deal with being an outlier every single day that I'm there. 

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12887 on: September 14, 2020, 04:29:13 AM »

When I said "here" I was referring to where I live, not the forum. It's pretty quiet at the library now but when things are normal I have to deal with being an outlier every single day that I'm there.

Oh, sorry, Kelley; I didn't meant to imply that you were referring to the forum. I thought you were referring to the United States in general. That's (i.e., the US) what I was referring to in my own post.

Sorry!

KelMar

« Reply #12888 on: September 14, 2020, 05:15:34 AM »

Oh, sorry, Kelley; I didn't meant to imply that you were referring to the forum. I thought you were referring to the United States in general. That's (i.e., the US) what I was referring to in my own post.

Sorry!

Bobber

« Reply #12889 on: September 14, 2020, 06:50:46 AM »

When politicians make uninformed medical decisions, I take offense and am vocal.

They're on both sides, right?

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #12890 on: September 14, 2020, 10:54:27 AM »

Listening to The Monkees Live The Mike & Micky Show album. Loving it so far.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12891 on: September 14, 2020, 02:43:06 PM »

They're on both sides, right?

Right.  When you're sick do you call a politician or a doctor?

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12892 on: September 17, 2020, 02:05:40 AM »

So soothing; I adore this song. The first time I met my ex-husband we got talking about Eric Clapton and when he said he liked this song, too, I blurted out, "We should get married, then, because I have to have this song played at my wedding!" Well, we got married but did not choose this as our song. Maybe that was a jinx.  roll:)

Still one of my faves, though.

https://youtu.be/YytOpnJ_3sQ

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #12893 on: September 18, 2020, 01:11:44 AM »

So soothing; I adore this song. The first time I met my ex-husband we got talking about Eric Clapton and when he said he liked this song, too, I blurted out, "We should get married, then, because I have to have this song played at my wedding!" Well, we got married but did not choose this as our song. Maybe that was a jinx.  roll:)

Still one of my faves, though.

https://youtu.be/YytOpnJ_3sQ

Nice, who wrote that Kathy?
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12894 on: September 18, 2020, 11:22:20 AM »

Nice, who wrote that Kathy?

A musician named Scott Boyer. He just passed away in 2018.  :'(

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12895 on: September 21, 2020, 10:45:58 PM »

Speaking of trivia, I found out the other day that the plural of beef is beeves. Who knew?  ha2ha

This must be my year for learning obscure word variants, because I was just looking up a term for a chapter I'm working on and noticed that the past participle of greet is grutten.

If I ever play a word-trivia game I'll be good to go!  ha2ha

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12896 on: September 21, 2020, 11:21:52 PM »

This must be my year for learning obscure word variants, because I was just looking up a term for a chapter I'm working on and noticed that the past participle of greet is grutten

Who would ever have thunk that!   ;D

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #12897 on: September 23, 2020, 04:06:29 PM »

All Things Must Pass

KelMar

« Reply #12898 on: September 23, 2020, 04:37:53 PM »

All Things Must Pass

I love that song and I’m glad you mentioned it Euan. I’m pondering a rather big change in my life and listening to that song might just calm my brain down and help me think. Either that or Wah-Wah.  ha2ha

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #12899 on: September 23, 2020, 08:35:43 PM »

I love that song and I’m glad you mentioned it Euan. I’m pondering a rather big change in my life and listening to that song might just calm my brain down and help me think. Either that or Wah-Wah.  ha2ha

If it was me in that situation it would probably be Oops I Did it Again.
Pages: 1 ... 643 644 [645] 646 647 ... 667

Page created in 0.853 seconds with 72 queries.