Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Snow Patrol Is Great  (Read 1419 times)

Snow Patrol Is Great
« on: October 01, 2008, 11:06:57 PM »

My umgd friend told me about her favorite band, Coldplay so I told her about mine, Snow Patrol. I told her they are really similar to Coldplay so I played her some songs from their www.myspace.com/snowpatrol page and while there I saw that they are coming out with a new cd this month and they have a new single out. I looked up the video for it at http://new.music.yahoo.com/videos/premieres/ and we both really liked it. I really want to get the cd and I got my friend liking them too. Does anyone else like snow patrol as well?
Jack

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
Re: Snow Patrol Is Great
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 12:20:14 AM »

They bore me to tears, they along with bands like Coldplay, Keane, Travis, Athlete..........

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 12:25:06 AM »

I definately think that Coldplay is WAAAY better than Snow Patrol!!

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

Bobber

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 07:20:46 AM »

I like a couple of songs by the fendertele boring bands every now and then.  ::)  Including Snow Patrol. They were on the U2 tour a couple of years ago and I saw them live, but I must admit they didn't make much impression on the audience. Still a decent set.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 11:11:00 AM »

I like a few Snow Patrol songs but that's as far as it goes. Athlete's first album was quite good, then they went all Coldplay. Keane, Travis, Starsailor (barf2)

legthi

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 10:00:57 PM »

Quote from: 758
They bore me to tears, they along with bands like Coldplay, Keane, Travis, Athlete..........

Ditto. They are absolutley dire!

Octie

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's sunshine life for me...
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 11:49:48 PM »

Quote from: 758

Yay, I found someone who likes Keane! 8) I really like them :) Especially their Hopes and Fears album: love Somewhere Only We Know, Everybody's Changing and Bedshaped. On the Iron Sea one I like the Is It Any Wonder song :)

Travis - I remember a song of theirs called Sing (or something like that) the one with the big food fight in the video...

And I quite like Coldplay too :) I like Clocks and The Scientist... and that Little White Shadows song from X&Y, but I still haven't heard any Viva La Vida stuff :B

Snow Patrol - I've a friend who likes them, and she lent me their album last year. To be honest I prefer Keane (if we're comparing), but I remember liking a few of their songs too. Unfortunately I can't remember them :B, but they were somewhere in the first half of the album. The only song I do remember is something about "chasing cars" (it got played on the radio quite a bit) but I liked the other songs on the album more than that one. I should probably listen again so that I remember the other songs! ;D
I'd ask my friends to come and see... an Octopus's Garden with me ^___^

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 12:32:38 AM »

aww...I guess we have a tough crowd here. I guess there's some music that we all like and there's some we just don't connect with. I mean I like Coldplay too but I also like Snow Patrol, but it's just their last album was really good.

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 02:51:07 AM »

Quote from: 610
And I quite like Coldplay too :) I like Clocks and The Scientist... and that Little White Shadows song from X&Y, but I still haven't heard any Viva La Vida stuff :B

GET VIVA LA VIDA!!!!!  It's an amazing album.  I haven't really heard anything so cohesive.  One song just flows into the next, it's great!

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

Page created in 0.363 seconds with 54 queries.