Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beatles Myths  (Read 2455 times)

Mr. Kite

• A Beginning
  • What would the The Beatles be without Ringo?
Beatles Myths
« on: January 12, 2005, 01:56:11 AM »

Hey Guys a guy at work was feeding me some bs questions on the Beatles that I didn't know the answers to.  Now as I have been able to debunk most of them I still have a couple left that I was wondering if someone could help me with.

1.John and Mick Jagger where busted for drugs in Canada and John got to stay and play his concert But Jagger was told never to return?

2. Pricilla Presley Fainted when The Beatles arrived in New York in 1964?

3. Only 3 girls fainted when the Beatles arrived in New York in 1964?

4. Some senators daughter wrote a letter that started the whole conterversy about The Beatles being bigger then Jesus in the US?

On 4 I know John did the article in England and then his comments where reprinted in like tiger beet or 16 or some teen magazine and then the conterversy started from there but did anyone ever hear of this letter.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mr. Kite

[size=14][size=14]-Mr. Kite![/size][size=14]<br />'ving been some days in preparation a splendid time is guaranteed for all![/size][/size]<br />
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
Re: Beatles Myths
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 02:09:15 AM »

john said the beatles were bigger than jesus in an interveiw with tiger beat.the girl who reported it forgot some of the disscussion when printed it was said.and johns remark was taken out of context.in detriot michigan they burnt beatles records and held a stamp out the beatles contest.they feared for their lives it was written.

Lenny Pane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 10:55:03 AM »

true PC31 ..not sure about the others.... if Pricilla Presley did faint im sure Elvis wouldnt of been to impressed lol ...if it were true lol then maybe thats why Elvis tried to get the Beatles deported from the US ... hmmmm lol not sure on that one !

Ssarah

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 07:08:26 PM »

What? Elvis tried to get the beatles deported?
Beatle Ssarah on the forum,
Everyday she posts some more on.
Sometimes triv and sometimes questions,
Chooses tracks and lists the best uns!

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 11:42:21 PM »

Yeah, I think the paranoia and threatening viewpoint Elvis took on the Beatles reached boiling point.
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 04:30:48 AM »

aka jealousy

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2005, 01:13:06 PM »

Elvis was "way" jealous of the Beatles and did talk to some people in the government about them! He really didn't like their long hair and I believe called them a slang word for homosexual!

Lenny Pane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2005, 01:23:54 PM »

[quote by=apple_sauce link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1105494971,s=6 date=1105621986]Elvis was "way" jealous of the Beatles and did talk to some people in the government about them! [/quote]

yeah it was something like that ... FBI maybe ? i know he had contacts in the US goverment ...  :-/

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2005, 01:25:19 PM »

I think "Tiger Beat" must have picked up the story from a British newspaper. The original interview was conducted by a close journalist friend of the band, Maureen Cleave, and published by the Daily Mail. If you read the whole Mail article in context it makes sense.

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2005, 05:16:24 PM »

[quote by=apple_sauce link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1105494971,s=6 date=1105621986]Elvis was "way" jealous of the Beatles and did talk to some people in the government about them! He really didn't like their long hair and I believe called them a slang word for homosexual! [/quote]

how utterly narrow minded for such a revolutionist.
Thats the scary Bible Belt for you.
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

Lenny Pane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2005, 07:20:06 PM »

:-/

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2005, 01:54:25 AM »

[quote by=The_End link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1105494971,s=8 date=1105622719]I think "Tiger Beat" must have picked up the story from a British newspaper. The original interview was conducted by a close journalist friend of the band, Maureen Cleave, and published by the Daily Mail. If you read the whole Mail article in context it makes sense.[/quote]
yes alan is correct.tigerbeat would find any reason to post a beatles pic and didn't think anything of the remark.it was the "moral majority".can't talk now they are watching......

Mr. Kite

• A Beginning
  • What would the The Beatles be without Ringo?
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2005, 04:31:41 AM »

I later found out that this was a cruel joke on his behalf and he made up all of the questions just to make me look stupid, like I didn't know anything about The Beatles.  What a sick joke I say and it's sad what some people will do for entertainment.

Mr. Kite
[size=14][size=14]-Mr. Kite![/size][size=14]<br />'ving been some days in preparation a splendid time is guaranteed for all![/size][/size]<br />

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2006, 07:53:28 PM »

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, so I figured this one was as good as any. Anyway, I can't remember if this is true or not, but I just read it again and was wondering if this was true:

Did Paul and Stu get into a fight because Paul said something derogatory about Astrid? And did Paul, because he was bigger, beat Stu up?

I've heard about John and Stu getting into a fight, but not really Paul and Stu. So I was wondering cuz it's written at some site like it's a fact and I know a lot of Beatles lore gets spread that way.

Mr. Mustard

• A Beginning
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008, 04:29:00 PM »

Keith Richards got busted in Canada for heroin possession in '77 and part of his sentence was to play a benefit concert.

I was always amused at Elvis's attempt to get the Beatles 'deported.'  He visited the White House unannounced in 1970 and President Nixon didn't know who he was until an advisor briefed him.  The King of Drug Abuse then rambled about the problem of drugs in America, and how the Beatles were subversive, making their money in the U.S. and then bringing it back to England.  That was hilarious -- not only had the Beatles not performed in America in 4 years, none of them yet lived here!  Plus, by the time Elvis met Nixon, the Beatles were broken up.  Shows how out of touch with reality Elvis had become.

Page created in 0.261 seconds with 73 queries.