Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The Beatles Today  (Read 5083 times)

BlueMeanie

Re: The Beatles Today
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2007, 12:46:16 PM »

Welcome Maja. Enjoy the ride.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

The walrus

• A Beginning
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2007, 01:00:31 PM »

At school in Photography class we're doing a project on an art work thats ment to be a sculpture of Jesus Christ thats made out off choclate. anyway the sculpture is called 'My Sweet Lord'. Everyone looked at me when My teacher said Beatles(I don't really know what she said I wasn't listening, I just herd the word Beatles) I said it was George's song :)

Oh and Welcome Maja!  ;D
&quot;We don’t like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out.&quot; <br />- Decca Recording Co. rejecting the Beatles, 1962

Maja

• A Beginning
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2007, 01:15:37 PM »

1. Ta (tnx) The walrus, BlueMeanie and Whoever! :)

2. Last week I saw a man begging for money. He was singing Hare krishna, krishna krihsna...hare rama, rama, rama...(or something like that). He reminded me of George. I was the only one who was leastening him and he smiled at me...I almost started to cry... :'(
[size=9]All you need is love![/size] :K)

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2007, 01:38:44 PM »

Ok three more Beatle references...

1) Virgin Radio has a little 'please phone in' type advert and they use the original Beatles song 'Anytime at all'

2) A small one- in the TV series 'Blackpool', one of the character says something like 'you'll be like the guy who passed on the Beatles' as an expression of how stupid the other character would be to pass on an opportunity  :)

3) In a Doctor Who interview with David Tennant, he is asked whether, if he could time travel, he would go back to see a real dinosaur, or watch the Beatles at the Cavern... (he reached the conclusion that he would go to the cavern and release a small dinosaur into the crowd then film it all and then return to the present day and post it on youtube...so that's an imaginative solution!)
<br />But every so often you come across something truly inspiring...<br />
<br />

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2007, 04:03:12 PM »

They were a question on University Challenge last night.
I won't insult you with the question - the answer was "the sitar." And yes, they (Oxford) got it right.
Unfortunately, in the bonus music section (hearing songs and identifying the guitarist) they went on to name Robert Page as the lead  on Whole Lotta Love and completely failed to identify Keith Richards on Honky Tonk Woman.
Bloody students! What's happened to them? This stuff should be bread and butter. Too much study and not enough protesting if you ask me.
don't follow leaders

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2007, 09:05:26 PM »

Quote from: 185
They were a question on University Challenge last night.

Yep, i saw it! :P

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.28 seconds with 53 queries.