Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Why did John become a God?  (Read 16213 times)

komakino

• Getting Better
  • fly me to the moon
    • last.fm
Re: Why did John become a God?
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2007, 04:07:48 PM »

Quote from: 668
i for one think George should become more of a god than john but that is just me.... (yeah)

;D i try to remind everyone that there are 4 beatles... not only john & paul... but sometimes i'm pretty happy that george didn't become this godlike figure than john became. if someone is interested in george they'll do research, read, listen ect... and will see how george was. but everyone knows about john and most people have this plain picture in their heads of the peace-loving-hippie. the one guy who always did good and changed the world and bla bla. and then you show them a picture of him without the round glasses and they don't even know who this guy is.
john is remembered but not in the way he was... people change the image... say "john would have loved..." make john lennon tributes for the poor kids in whereever.... and the result is a john-picutre the people made over the years. it has always been an image... but this one gets more and more away from reality. i love john so much, but i try to love a person-like image... not a god-like.
that's the way i'd like him to be remembered... as the person he was... not the image people want to see in him... and use this image for whatever reasons.
george george whoops george whoops george george george

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2007, 04:49:17 PM »

Quote from: 657
Interesting points by Kevin elsewhere. The Myth of John Lennon. But where and when did the majority of the earth started to look at John as some kind of God? Was it just the whole 'give peace a chance' thing? Why is he still regarded as the ultimate peaceful, most talented, most honest Beatle?

Because alot of people do not understand what they are saying.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2007, 04:50:58 PM »

Once again may I  say how splendid it is to have such conversations with you good people, and all in such good cheer.
I would like to raise a glass to the late Mr Lennon - one of the most gifted rock and rollers* to have walked this earth.  I do not forget that.

* I think from here on in I shall copy the Greek Style and adopt a Pantheon of Greats, all equal. Lennon, Macca, Dylan, Marley, Elvis. Maybe some more.
don't follow leaders

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2007, 04:56:39 PM »

Ooh, I just went to my happy place!  :)

*blows a kiss to DM's Forums*
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2007, 06:54:55 PM »

Quote from: 185
Mr Horse! You're thoughts please now you've got us started.

Yeah right, I'm not too sure about it. That's why I started this discussion, just to filter what I feel might be close to the truth. It is a fact that Yoko has given us a lot of the peaceloving John, whereas it might be closer to the truth that he wasn't into peace that much really. I bet up to 1969, he probably never even thought about it that much and didn't seem to care much after 1972. He wasn't very peaceful before and after, when the infamous lost weekend started. It is certainly not that his whole life was dedicated to peace, like Yoko want us to believe. His cruel death and young age to die at might have given fuel to the fire. But of course it is ridiculous to say that John Lennon was bigger than rock and roll. That is somehow saying he was a god after all. Talented, moody, yes.

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2007, 11:23:02 PM »

i agree with komakino.... there were [size=18]4 [/size] beatles... not just John.... and ya... ppl potray him as "larger than rock n roll" and do i agree with that... not 100%... b/c of the way ppl slap an image on him... they forget of his past throughout the 60's and just go for "John protester of war, peace lover, granny glasses inthusiest,, i love yoko,throw away my past Lennon" that's basically how the media portrayed him in the 70's....ya know ...  

i mean he was to young, it was a big shame the way he went, because i mean i do like john but you can't forget some of the "other" things he did in the past.....
you can't just say well the john most ppl know and recognize is a god... oh just forget about the other john.... that one isn't a big deal...

and as far as i know... I liked john better in the 60's pre yoko and all that 70's stuff....

and i was just kidding about the george god thing.... i agree with you komakino.... i'm glad george stayed clear of the public as best he can after the break up of the beatles.... b/c of that he was George... plain ole George... he was himself... and i respect him more than any other beatle....

weffee that's a lot of writing... but i can't some up everything i think of john in one little thread.... lol

~the guiding light in all your love shines on~

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2007, 09:53:20 AM »

Well, Mr Kevin? Anything to add?

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2007, 10:27:46 AM »

Well, Mr Kevin? Anything to add?

No. I've pretty much said everything I have to say.
Very enjoyable though. Don't know about you, but there's no where else I could go and discuss something like this with likeminded and Beatle-knowledgable people.
don't follow leaders

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2007, 10:40:28 AM »

No. I've pretty much said everything I have to say.
Very enjoyable though. Don't know about you, but there's no where else I could go and discuss something like this with likeminded and Beatle-knowledgable people.

This was/is a good topic. Thank you Mr Horse. But I must admit I feel a strong segregation between people who are looking for strong discussions and people who are just posting their randomness. That's the way it is, obviously. But it doesn't make me fall in love completely with this kind of thing.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2007, 10:54:45 AM »

This was/is a good topic. Thank you Mr Horse. But I must admit I feel a strong segregation between people who are looking for strong discussions and people who are just posting their randomness. That's the way it is, obviously. But it doesn't make me fall in love completely with this kind of thing.

That's good old DM's. Live and let live - not everyone wants big discussions. Not everyone posts in the same style. You choose the bits you like and disregard the bits you don't. It's easy really.
I like the eclectisness (sp) of this place. You can't love everyone, but you can try and get along. Like I've said before, I really enjoy talking about The Beatles and the sixties and popular culture. There's no where else in my real life I can get this. And if to get it means a bit of tolerance then it's a very small price to pay.
It might even do me some good.
don't follow leaders

sewi

• Getting Better
  • Life is short
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2007, 11:14:25 AM »

That's good old DM's. Live and let live - not everyone wants big discussions. Not everyone posts in the same style. You choose the bits you like and disregard the bits you don't. It's easy really.
I like the eclectisness (sp) of this place. You can't love everyone, but you can try and get along. Like I've said before, I really enjoy talking about The Beatles and the sixties and popular culture. There's no where else in my real life I can get this. And if to get it means a bit of tolerance then it's a very small price to pay.
It might even do me some good.

I completely agree with you, Kevin heheheh. The pitty is that I don't have much time to join here because I don't have a computer at home and I use the ones at work but there is not much time either but I still remmeber our discussion about that Julian's drawing and Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds some months ago. I like the variety of people and points of view here and the fun too but the problem with a few people is that tolerance and 'live and let live' are not in their dictionaries. A pitty too.
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2007, 11:19:52 AM »

Just for the record - there are things that p*ss me off around here. I'm not Buddha or anything (sticking with the God theme here). I have on occassion shared my discontent with people I consider likeminded - but I think they would agree it's all done in a reasonably lighthearted way.
don't follow leaders

sewi

• Getting Better
  • Life is short
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2007, 11:29:11 AM »

Just for the record - there are things that p*ss me off around here. I'm not Buddha or anything (sticking with the God theme here). I have on occassion shared my discontent with people I consider likeminded - but I think they would agree it's all done in a reasonably lighthearted way.

'Reasonably lighthearted' is a good definition I think.It is clear that we cannot agree with everything or everbody here but being saying all the time the things we do not agree can be another thing we cannot agree too.I hope you understand what I am trying to say.Anyway I have to return to work. Bye.Nice to talk to you again,Kevin.
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2007, 11:36:38 AM »

Quote from: 564

'Reasonably lighthearted' is a good definition I think.It is clear that we cannot agree with everything or everbody here but being saying all the time the things we do not agree can be another thing we cannot agree too.I hope you understand what I am trying to say.Anyway I have to return to work. Bye.Nice to talk to you again,Kevin.

Cheers. Just wanted to make the point that I don't consider myself perfect.
don't follow leaders

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2007, 09:09:03 PM »

Cheers. Just wanted to make the point that I don't consider myself perfect.

Well, in the words of Monty Python, "We are all individuals & we all have to
work it out for ourselves!" ;D :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2007, 12:13:40 AM »

I know I wrote all that stuff before too, but once you look at it, you realize that there is just to much to say about John.

You can't just go off what people say, I like John, and I don't care what people consider him, have it be a "God" or just a "little lad from Liverpool".... yes, he has done some things i am not fond of but, he also had done a lot of great things as well.....

So I don't consider him a "god" but more of a great guy... and amazing musician!  ;)

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2007, 01:53:33 PM »

Nobody's a god or saint or anything, We're all just human!!

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2007, 02:02:27 PM »

Yes Yes..... ;)

The Swine

• Getting Better
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2007, 11:07:09 AM »

and some of us aren't even human. in his hamburg days, i bet john lennon was closer to being a swine than a human being, let alone a god.
THE INTERNET IS NOT A PLACE FOR 13 YEAR OLDS

Flaming Pie in the Sky

• A Thousand Pages
    • Gone Troppo
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2007, 01:13:19 PM »

Quote from: 614
Nobody's a god or saint or anything, We're all just human!!

Quote from: 668
Yes Yes..... ;)

Unless your name is Flaming Pie in the Sky...  just kidding :P
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together  :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Page created in 0.315 seconds with 87 queries.