Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: That  (Read 9218 times)

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
Re: That
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2005, 07:20:21 PM »

It's amazing how things like this get a roll on so FAST on internet forums. Someone comes along with a suggestion out of left field (like Mr C did here), and some people immediately believe it!

The arhhh in ADITL sounds to my ears (& lotsa others') like John. Some think it sounds like Paul. And the world keeps on revolving!

On Let Me Roll It, it sounds to my ears like Paul throughout.

Some people love to stretch.

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2005, 07:36:54 PM »

Quote from: Ydoll_Gwyn
It's amazing how things like this get a roll on so FAST on internet forums. Someone comes along with a suggestion out of left field (like Mr C did here), and some people immediately believe it!

The arhhh in ADITL sounds to my ears (& lotsa others') like John. Some think it sounds like Paul. And the world keeps on revolving!

On Let Me Roll It, it sounds to my ears like Paul throughout.

Some people love to stretch.

Pardon me while I extend a gentle f*** you to you.

I admitted I had no proof (yet), and that this is not MY contention but is one of those Beatle controversies that has been going on a long time.

Until YOU provide proof that it is John you offer no more than your own mere opinion.

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2005, 08:38:29 PM »

Quote from: juniorsfarm
Its John.

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2005, 08:39:45 PM »

Quote from: kevin_b
Didn't Paul deliberately record it to sound like john (the piano and vocal intro is a dig at Mother from POB, and its even got its own "primal scream" at the end.
It was Pauls' gentemanly response to Lennons "How do you sleep?"

That was always assumed.  Paul has since denied it, which is too bad.  It's a nice thought.

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2005, 08:41:38 PM »

Quote from: tkitna
Yeah, I just listened to 'Let Me Roll It' and I found no similarity between Paul and Johns voice. Its Paul. Regardless of why he wrote it or intended,,,there aint no John in it.

Well, tk, you'd be wrong.  Sorry.  But Paul gets asked this question constantly, and tho he denies it was meant to be anything to do with John. the fact is enough people have assumed so over the decades because it uses his guitar and vocal and arrangement stylings.

It IS Paul doing John.  Too much evidence against it being just a fluke.

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2005, 08:43:31 PM »

Quote from: kevin_b

It was a p*ss take for goodness sake!
Of course it sounds like Paul-it is Paul.
I don't think it warrants too much critical analysis :)

Must be great to be so self-aware.

No one has any proof about that song or ADITL.  Paul says it wasn't him doing John, so that is a sort of proof.  But so is John's voice, guitar, lead and primal scream coming out of the speakers.

Blow it off if you wish, but this is not a Paul Is Dead whackjob conspiracy theory.  He clearly was doing John.  I cannot prove it, but neither can you.

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2005, 08:44:57 PM »

Quote from: zipp

You can't remember recent proof m.c.?

For me it's John unless you can really come up with something.

Fine.

Prove it's John.

What are you going by, your ears?  That's pretty much all ANYone has to go by.

No, I have not realy researched to see if I can re-find the reasons why I was convinced it was not John after so many years.  But it was compelling enough for me to admit I was wrong.  

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2005, 09:35:36 PM »

Quote from: Mr_Charlie

Fine.

Prove it's John.

What are you going by, your ears?  That's pretty much all ANYone has to go by.

No, I have not realy researched to see if I can re-find the reasons why I was convinced it was not John after so many years.  But it was compelling enough for me to admit I was wrong.  

Yeah, m.c., I do tend to use my ears when listening to music.

You said yourself for years and years you thought it was John so I suppose you have ears too.And you can't remember what made you change your mind.

You're going against the grain so it's up to you to prove it's Paul.

Too bad if you can't.

Soft_Guitar60

• Getting Better
  • surrender to the void
    • Beatlemania
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2005, 10:13:50 PM »

Just write a fanletter to Paul and ask him if he sang that part in A Day in the Life.
;)

I've never heard 'Let Me Roll It' (except maybe on the 'Back in the U.S.' DVD) but I always believed that John sang that part in A Day in the Life. (Counting on my ears)

Soft_Guitar60

• Getting Better
  • surrender to the void
    • Beatlemania
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2005, 10:18:46 PM »

I've got something to say (again):
Compare Lovely Rita (the beginning) with A Day in the Life...really weird.

« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2005, 11:43:23 PM »

You're wrong on many counts.

1.) It IS Paul. Get used to it.
2.) Paul claims it was not an ode, a peace pipe nor a rip of John.

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2005, 05:09:27 AM »

No. 1)

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2005, 05:12:24 AM »

Quote from: zipp

Yeah, m.c., I do tend to use my ears when listening to music.

** What I simply meant was that we all hear things differently, and none of us can use that as proof.  I wasn't meaning to insult you.

You said yourself for years and years you thought it was John so I suppose you have ears too.And you can't remember what made you change your mind.

**Which is entirely my own problem, agreed.

You're going against the grain so it's up to you to prove it's Paul.

**There IS no 'grain'.  It's a 50 50 proposition.  

Too bad if you can't.

**Again, I agree.  If I felt compelled enough I would knock myself out to find the proof.  Frankly I just don't care what anyone else wants to believe.  Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong but nothing is going to change the Truth, whether I want it to be one way or not.  Someone will find something definitive and that will be that.  Until then, your ears are as good as anyone else's.

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2005, 05:20:36 AM »

Look tk and most others:  I do apologize for the briskness of my replies, it wasn't meant.  To you.  

This isn't MY 'theory'.  I held the same thoughts as many of you.  The fact is that I simply tossed it out there, because the question was asked.  I was shown proof in a forum that is -far- more scholarly and plugged into Beatle stuff than this place.  Not a put-down, I like it here.  Just a fact.

But there is no reason for you to take MY word for it.  Think what you wish to.  Should I stumble upon the proof I will present it.  If I don't, then all you have is my word which, frankly, I wouldn't take either if it were someone else.

For those who want to be dicks I can do that, no prob.  All day long if that's what you want.  

But my replies WERE too "this is it get used to it" cocky and I apologize for that, at least to those who did not respond to me in that manner.  I was in fact replying to the few who could not simply express their opinion without denigrating what I had said.  

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2005, 05:22:38 AM »

**And I couldn't care less about your suggestion.

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2005, 05:27:08 AM »

No, but I won't swing at these pitches in the dirt. You do enough damage to yourself with your posts, and I am comfortable with the fact that there are self-righteous wimps that hide behind a keyboard like yourself. I think my first post here was giving a positive review of the 'Every Little Thing' compilation. Your reply? That it was probably a sales pitch for something I was selling, which I wasn't. Why? Because you enjoy being a cyber-hemmorhoid. So be it. Must have been 52 tough years and you should take your quote to heart, my friend, you are spoiling the party, so go. Kiss Kiss.

LOL...whatever, "junior".  Stay comfortable.  I am neither a wimp, self-righteous nor hiding, let alone from someone like you.

Fact: My reply was that it was probably a sales pitch BUT yes, it was an excellent compilation.  If you've been on the Internet for more than ten minutes you've seen all these breathless pitches attached to an ebay link.  Guess you're a bit thin-skinned enough to have missed that bit.

I also marvel at the fact that you now apparently feel you speak for the entire "party"?

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2005, 06:08:38 AM »

Hey man, I believe you were here before, and left. You came back - why? To hear you talk, it was to save this board from the nasty Dirk.

So who is going to save it from the nasty Mr Charlie? Are you the same "Mister Charlie" that has thrown his weight around on rmb for a long time? It sure sounds like the same cocky rudeness!

I'm wondering if in real life, you are a short man with "small-man syndrome"? No, I'm wrong there. I know what you are ...

The fact is that I simply tossed it out there, because the question was asked.

...a TOSSER! ;D

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2005, 06:28:07 AM »

Quote from: Ydoll_Gwyn
Hey man, I believe you were here before, and left. You came back - why? To hear you talk, it was to save this board from the nasty Dirk.

So who is going to save it from the nasty Mr Charlie? Are you the same "Mister Charlie" that has thrown his weight around on rmb for a long time? It sure sounds like the same cocky rudeness!

I'm wondering if in real life, you are a short man with "small-man syndrome"? No, I'm wrong there. I know what you are ...

...a TOSSER! ;D

Hi "Maria" !!  <waves>  :D

I am indeed working quietly to attempt to slap some sense into dirkless.  Just because you have a log up your ass has nothing to do with MY "nasty" quotient.

But nice try.  *yawn*

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2005, 07:49:46 PM »

Hi "Maria" !!

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2005, 08:32:21 PM »

And here you are bringing more on topic wit and wisdom with you.

Nice try, troll, but you don't know squat, about me, Beatles OR rmb.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.279 seconds with 70 queries.