Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Song Survivor Game: Rules  (Read 1773 times)

BlueMeanie

Song Survivor Game: Rules
« on: July 29, 2007, 05:21:33 AM »

The object of this is to find the song that can survive the challenge of all others, and become DM's favourite Beatles song.

We seem to have a lot of active members at the moment, so I'm expecting a good sized vote. The voting is open to everyone, and you can join in whenever you want. So if you miss an album you can join in with the next.

Here's what we're going to do:

1. Each week I'll put up a new Beatles (UK) album and you have to pick your top 3 songs IN ORDER. No.1 will get 3 points, No.2 will get 2 points, and No.3 will get 1 point. Just three. If anyone chooses more than three I'll take the first three mentioned.

2. You will also choose what you consider to be the worst song on the album. Just pick one. If anyone chooses more than one I'll take the fist one mentioned.

3. Voting will close at 12 noon GMT each Sunday, and a vote will start for a new album thereafter.

4. At the end of the vote, the 3 songs with the most votes will go through to the next round as will the song with the most votes as being the albums worst.

5. In the case of a tie for 3rd place the songs with the same votes will be subject to a tie breaker vote. In this situation you will be asked to vote on which of the two songs you prefer, the winner will go through.

6. When we've been through all the albums we will then have a batch of songs to take through to Round 2. The same goes for the worst songs, which will have a separate
competition.

Anyone who's going to be away from the forum during a vote, can PM me their choices in advance.

One more thing. Please try to keep chat to a minimum. It'll make it easier for me when I'm trawling through the thread to count the votes!!

PM me if there's anything you don't understand. Here's the list of albums we'll be covering. I've included MMT after Sgt Pepper just to keep it chronological, song wise. And Past Masters to wrap up all the singles, b-sides, and EP tracks.

1. Please Please Me
2. With the Beatles
3. A Hard Day's Night
4. Beatles for Sale
5. Help!
6 Rubber Soul
7. Revolver
8. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
9. Magical Mystery Tour/Yellow Submarine
10. The Beatles
11. Abbey Road
12. Let It Be
13. Past Masters Vol. 1
14. Past Masters Vol. 2

BlueMeanie

Re: Song Survivor Game: Rules
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 05:53:30 PM »

I've made an amendment to both the rules, and the album list. First the rules:

If 2 or more songs are tied for 3rd place, the song with the least amount of votes in the 'worst' category will go through. If they are still level after that, then I'll put it to the popular vote. And that vote will last for one day only.

Secondly I've ammended the album list. I've decided to combine Yellow Submarine and Magical Mystery tour. As this list is based on original UK releases - Yellow Sub was half an album, and MMT was a double EP. So they'll be combined as one, with the addition of Hello Goodbye.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 04:11:33 PM »

We are now only a couple of albums away from the next phase. So it's time to clue you in how it's going to be done.

There will be 48 songs that qualify from the first stage; 45 by right of finishing in the top 3 of the vote for their respective albums, plus the 3 best performing losers.

These will be seeded into 4 groups of 12. The individual seedings are worked out by the percentage of votes that particular song has received. So for instance, although 'It Won't Be Long' received fewer votes (21) than 'Ticket To Ride' (28 ), it received a higher percentage of the total vote, and so is place higher up in the rankings. With me?

We will be voting as usual for one group per week, and the same rules will apply, with 3pts for first place, 2 for second, and 1 for third. There will be no 'worst' vote.

The 3 songs winning through from each these groups, plus 2 highest scoring losers, will go forward to the grand final, where the same voting procedure will apply.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 01:06:47 AM »

These will be the groups for Phase II of the game. The numbers in the left hand column refer to their respective positions; 1-48, decided by the percentage of votes received. You can see the list in order here: http://www.dmbeatles.com/forums/b-games/m-1190727648/

Group A
01. I Am The Walrus
08. All My Loving        
09. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
16. Ticket To Ride                                 
17. Twist And Shout  
24. Eight Days A Week                                   
25. Mother Nature's Son             
32. You Never Give Me Your Money                         
33. You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
40. Two Of Us                                             
41. Nowhere Man     
48. Fool On The Hill  

Group B
02. In My Life     
07. Please Please Me  
10. A Hard Day's Night
15. Something     
18. Hey Jude
23. Dear Prudence  
26. Help!
31. And I Love He
34. Back In The U.S.S.R.
39. Across The Universe
42. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
47. You Really Got A Hold On Me

Group C
03. I Saw Her Standing There  
06. A Day In The Life       
11. I Feel Fine
14. Rain
19. No Reply
22. Helter Skelter        
27. I'm Down
30. She Loves You     
35. Yesterday
38. Eleanor Rigby
43. Taxman
46. Lovely Rita

Group D
04. Strawberry Fields Forever        
05. It Won't Be Long           
12. Here Comes The Sun          
13. Let It Be     
20. I've Got A Feeling                              
21. Paperback Writer
28. Sexy Sadie                                      
29. We Can Work It Out     
36. Tomorrow Never Knows                         
37. Can't Buy Me Love     
44. I'm A Loser                                   
45. Drive My Car

Page created in 1.391 seconds with 34 queries.