Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beatle pranks  (Read 894 times)

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
Beatle pranks
« on: January 30, 2007, 04:49:50 PM »

All the Beatles had a wicked sense of humor. Recently I read an article by Paul Simon that related this evil piece of trickery. The setting is Friar Park in George's later years.

There in the middle of a field of wildflowers were two huge boulders weighing several tons and standing one atop the other like a pair of giant granite acrobats. "Are those the work of a sculptor?" I asked. "No," [George] said, "they came from opposite ends of the property, but we moved them here and stacked them in this field. Everyone wants to know about them. In fact, when Ringo came round for a visit last summer, he asked about them as well. I told him that Paul's record company had sent them as a promo for his new album Standing Stone. Ringo was really miffed that he hadn't gotten his standing stones, but I said they'd probably only posted them to A-list people."
How mean!  ;D Poor Ringo; not only doesn't he get his stones, but he gets slammed as well. Ah, the Liverpool putdown.

Anyone else have any Beatles stories they'd like to share? I'm sure these guys were constantly taking the p*ss out of each other or their friends. Cheers.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

raxo

• Sun King
Re: Beatle pranks
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 06:44:33 PM »

Quote from: 551
[...]

Anyone else have any Beatles stories they'd like to share? I'm sure these guys were constantly taking the p*ss out of each other or their friends. Cheers.

Funny anecdote, harihead ;D ... there's a couple here that I like:
http://dmbeatles.com/forums/b-lennon/m-1151564620/s-all/

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 05:36:46 AM »

Found a great one on www.anecdotage.com:

Among the photographs for which Harry Benson became famous was a series of memorable shots of The Beatles:

"There were a few of us [photographers] in their hotel room in Paris one time, and the Beatles were gabbing away when one of them said, 'That was some pillow fight the other night.' I kept my mouth shut in front of a competing [photographer] and waited until a couple of nights later, when I was the only one there...

"The Beatles were in a good mood; they'd just gotten the telegram saying that they'd reached number one in America with 'I want to Hold Your Hand.' I said, 'How about having a pillow fight?'

"Paul replied, 'That's childish and juvenile. We'd never do that.' Lennon joins in, very seriously, 'Absolutely not!'

"I thought, Well, that's that. And then John comes right behind Paul, who is drinking brandy, and hits him in the back of the head with a pillow. That started it..."

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 06:17:35 AM »

Thanks, Movienerd! Welcome to the forums. :)

Raxo, thanks for the link to the John page. Cheers.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 01:41:37 PM »

Yeah, thanks, Movienerd08, didn't know how it all began ... and welcome to the forums ... hope you'll enjoy them! :)
Quote from: 551
[...]Raxo, thanks for the link to the John page. Cheers.
Well, it's a pleasure, harihead! I like that Bowie anecdote and this seemed to be a good thread to share it once a-gain! ;D

Page created in 0.247 seconds with 39 queries.