Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Is Paul playing the Live Earth concert?  (Read 1635 times)

Wayne L.

Is Paul playing the Live Earth concert?
« on: July 03, 2007, 08:02:41 PM »

I think he is playing the Live Earth concert for global warming, I'm looking forward to his appearance, but you have to be wacko to believe the rhetoric.  Global warming is nothing but a fairy tale for far out liberals with way too much time on their hands like Al Gore.  It's great publicity for Macca, no doubt about it & he'll probably play some songs from his latest album.  I disagree with Paul 100% on this issue as well as his extreme animal rights activism because he's a vegetarian.  

McLennon

• Getting Better
  • There are 7 levels!
Re: Is Paul playing the Live Earth concert?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 09:06:01 PM »

I dont think he is unfortuntly
There are 7 levels!

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 11:35:00 PM »

I had a look at the list of who's on it & i never saw his name mentioned :-/
anyway, he did say he was not performing any huge events this year because
of all what's happened in the past year to him.

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 11:41:57 PM »

He will be not there. Really unfair. This concerts are gonna be crap compared with the great Live Aid and Live 8 concerts. I mean, the giants Paul McCartney, Elton John, Mariah Carey, Prince are not in. The only strong acts, to me, are Madonna and Genesis. There's nothing else there that I really do care.
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 02:04:25 PM »

There's gonna be eight venues , so i've read, & there is going to
be some great bands & artist out ther like The Police (re-union), Kt Tunstall,
Roger Waters & Melissa Etheridge.

but james blunt, kelly clarkson & girl privatecat dolls??? :-/ what have these people
done for music?

Wayne L.

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 03:20:46 PM »

It's a good thing Macca didn't do the Live Earth concert since it bombed, I think these kind of concerts are burning out because it's becoming overkill.  What started out with the Concert For Bangladesh, No Nukes, Live Aid & Farm Aid has become way too predictable & boring.  

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 04:25:54 PM »

So much for been a green event did you see the litter that was left at Wembley ???
I thought the London leg was tiresome .
The girl privatecat Dolls stole the show , with there camp performance , i thought  ;D
Glad Paul stayed at home .

DaveRam  :)

wingsman

• Getting Better
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 07:37:41 PM »

Quote from: 679
Glad Paul stayed at home.  :)

You're right, DaveRam! I saw many highlights from the concerts, and I don't like it too much. This festival was crap compared to Live 8. I saw Genesis (Phil looks so ooold..., but I love them anyway :P) and other artists, I loved John Legend and James Blunt.
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2007, 08:15:33 PM »

Do they honestly think they are going to do anything to save the World? Do they think the leaders of China, India and USA will listen to them? If so I feel they will be sorely mistaken, did the leaders make poverty history? Not a sh*t in hells chance. It's like humanitarian crises are an excuse to do a sh*tty Concert.

wingsman

• Getting Better
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2007, 08:26:38 PM »

I agree, sadly.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2007, 10:30:58 PM »

Quote from: 395
I think these kind of concerts are burning out because it's becoming overkill.  What started out with the Concert For Bangladesh, No Nukes, Live Aid & Farm Aid has become way too predictable & boring.  

I agree, it's getting pretty ridicolous now as time moves on. yes, it's all for a good cause but
half the groups doing it don't seem to be knowing why they are there :-/ & mostly when it's
halfway through the concert, you're really fogetting what it's for & its just turning into a rock
concert like any other show, which is terrible. i thought the live earth concert was a complete waste
of time to be honest or it just wasen't good enough? :-/& did Live 8 make a difference? :o :-/

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2007, 10:34:43 PM »

Quote from: 713

I saw many highlights from the concerts, and I don't like it too much. This festival was crap compared to Live 8. I saw Genesis (Phil looks so ooold..., but I love them anyway :P) and other artists, I loved John Legend and James Blunt.

The whole concert was rubbish but the only best things i saw were KT Tunstall, Roger Waters
& The Police.
Obviously Ringo wasen't there.. he was at home probley high on Birthday Cake! ;D

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2007, 07:59:43 AM »

Global warming is nothing but a fairy tale.

Unfortionately 90% of the world's scientists disagree with you here.

his extreme animal rights activism because he's a vegetarian.  

Being a vegetarian is a 100% personal choice and in no way is it extreme activism.

The Swine

• Getting Better
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 07:26:13 PM »

wayne l is not completely wrong. global warming is not a fairytale, but scientists have proven that global warming is not related to co2. now there is a very strong relation between the rising of the temperature and the activity of the sun that goes back hundreds and thousands of years. its just governments and multinationals trying to scare us. the environment lobby has been going on for decades and it is never based on anything real.. imagine (and it is a fact) that in the 70s we were warned that the earth was cooling down! try to find the great global warming swindle.
think for yourself. or shelf as some poster likes to write.
THE INTERNET IS NOT A PLACE FOR 13 YEAR OLDS

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 63 queries.