Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beatles movies & Ringo's movies.  (Read 1280 times)

Wayne L.

Beatles movies & Ringo's movies.
« on: July 22, 2006, 02:49:49 PM »

It's pathetic that TCM doesn't show any of the classic Beatles movies, you see Elvis movies constantly, but you never see A Hard Day's Night, Help & Let It Be, as well as Ringo's movies.  I saw The Magic Christian very early in the morning, way back in 80 & haven't seen it since, which is crazy, because my pop would like it, since it's a comedy with Ringo & Peter Sellers.  I haven't seen That'll Be The Day & Blindman, which look pretty good, especially since TBTD was before Grease, with Ringo going back to his youth.  Blindman looks like a cool spaghetti western, I saw the trailer on You Tube & it might be way too cultish for TCM, but they should show it, with all the classic John Wayne/Clint Eastwood westerns.  They should show AHDN, Help, Yellow Submarine & LIB at least, since they're just as classic as Gone With The Wind & A Day At The Races, as well as Ringo's movies, Caveman would fit into their format.  
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
Re: Beatles movies & Ringo's movies.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 02:59:46 PM »

I would THOROUGHLY recommend That'll Be The Day - it's a fantastic film, and Ringo's acting has never been better. It's a BRILLIANT soundtrack too with Billy Fury, Keith Moon and Viv Stanshall all making cameo appearances plus some great Rock 'n' Roll tracks from the period too.

The sequel, Strardust, isn't quite as good though, with Ringo's character, Mike, being played by Adam Faith.

Wayne L.

Re: Beatles movies & Ringo's movies.
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 05:30:36 PM »

I consider TMC to be Ringo's masterpiece, hopefully I will see That'll Be The Day The End, before too long, which I have heard is another masterpiece.  

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 37 queries.