Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Was John Scared of Yoko ?  (Read 10352 times)

BlueMeanie

Re: Was John Scared of Yoko ?
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2009, 02:28:27 PM »

woww this is exactly what I used to have in mind about YOKO and John when I know about them I mean my friends and I were like 'Goshh this Yoko probably want our gorgeous John so bad she haunted him with all kind of dark voodoo magics and stuff BUT! I guess I and my friends really just judge people from their outside coz I have no idea what she was like..but I must admit I think she's weird..no offense but I'm not gonna lie..

In what way is she weird. Because she's an Avant Garde artist? She always seems perfectly normal to me.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2009, 09:37:31 PM »

Jane, Jane, your ability to pass off opinion as fact is truly astounding.  :)
I can see that for a lennon fan your image of John as some wide eyed innocent sucked into drug hell by this eastern temptress would be very appealing. But just because you want it to be don't make it so.
Facts and evidence, not wishful thinking and supposition.
We could just easily change gullible and unsuspecting to needy (being dominated by Yoko) and stupid (his drug fetish).

Hello, Kevin, my teacher!  :)
Does it really sound as FACT? I wonder if you really get it as something astounding? Certainly it is my opinion but based on all I`ve read about them.
1. Yoko acted insidiously, because she did it on purpose: you know well that she was sitting right behind John`s back in the studio and even accompanied him to the toilet and waited there by the door and so on. This is all written in the books. In this way she made herself everpresent. So that the person would feel abandoned if left alone even for a second.
2. It was Yoko who suggested that they should take heroin but smell it, not inject it (written in the book). John eager for new experiences succumbed. As a result 5 years of absence. Meanwhile Yoko ran his business, took care of his finances, of which he knew nothing, and had always been such, ursurped the telephone line.
3. John managed to get out of it and life was starting for him, it was just starting over. He was restoring his communication with Julian and you know the rest.
That is my interpretation of events. Some of it may be true, some not. No imposition of anything on anybody! And, please, I never want to pass off something as fact. (Actually, you yourself understood it right, if you wrote about "passing my opinion off as fact" - Opinion.
I agree with you that evidence is needed, cold dry facts. But you and POMPON are right when you say that we can`t know for sure in such things. As we say in such cases: none of us held the candle then...
However, interpretation is an interesting activity. A lot of writers interprete events as well.
Yes, Kevin, interpretation can be stretched in different directions, you are absolutely right!!!

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2009, 09:12:50 AM »

Yes, Kevin, interpretation can be stretched in different directions, you are absolutely right!!!
Well that's no fun.  :)
Nice post.
don't follow leaders

lockyfan

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2010, 09:54:28 AM »

I was wating the E True Hollwood Story - The Last Days of John Lennon.

It had the guy who produced Double Fantasy - Jack Douglas on it.

Antway he always had the impression that Yoko wore the pants in the family, until one day.

I havent seen this one in a long while so I am trying to remember as best as I can what was said, but it was something along the lines of:

Yoko had done her stars consulting thing (roll my eyes here) and they told her that John had to change studios for some reason or another, anyway Jack Douglas was panicking about having to move all the stuff and musicians in such a short notice (i think she only gavel ike an hours notice or some ridiculously short time) anyway Jack was there talking Yoko out of it when John walked in, was ld the situation, he blew his fuse Yoko backed right down (was terrified apparently) and that was that.

So he then realised this jack Dougls guy or whatever his name it, he realised that even though Yoko ran pretty much anything, if there was something that John decided to put his foot down on, then he would and it was his way or the Highway.  Thats the impression you get from Cynthia in their relationship too.  So maybe he was finally getting over having the mother figure and had finally grown up!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.442 seconds with 45 queries.