Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: BOB BASH!!!  (Read 2624 times)

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
Re: BOB BASH!!!
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2007, 10:40:29 AM »

Quote from: 483

. And I have no problem with songs with no meaning. Most classic 3 minute pop songs have no or very little meaning, but that does not detract from their appeal.
Oh me neither. Rock was at its best when it was all about girls and cars (well sex really). I've always thought that Pepper had a lot to answer for in that regard. T
Thanks to that we had to endure EL&P and all that prog rock pretence.
Dylan may well be a charlatan - but rock is full of them . You could almost say that rock is built on them. In that regard I don't see him as a worse offender than most. It's always been about smoke and mirrors. Maybe it's because he's held in such high regard that his fall seems so much the greater. (ooh).

don't follow leaders
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2007, 11:05:40 AM »

Damn. Now I'm thinking (I'm supposed to be working). How did it come about that to have any credibility in rock you have to come from some deprived working class background. The Stones also faked their working class roots to gain acceptance.
Why is it that the recording buying public (who are probably more middleclass than working class themselves) insist on this? The whiff of money can spell death for an artist (look at the grief James Blunt gets for being "posh.")
It's almost as if we demand they act out some silly fantasy for us.
don't follow leaders

BlueMeanie

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2007, 11:26:33 AM »

Quote from: 185
Damn. Now I'm thinking (I'm supposed to be working). How did it come about that to have any credibility in rock you have to come from some deprived working class background. The Stones also faked their working class roots to gain acceptance.
Why is it that the recording buying public (who are probably more middleclass than working class themselves) insist on this? The whiff of money can spell death for an artist (look at the grief James Blunt gets for being "posh.")
It's almost as if we demand they act out some silly fantasy for us.

I suppose that 'ordinary people' think that musicians from a 'privileged' background - and anything is 'privileged' if you're from a working class background - have no right to shove issues that don't affect them, down their throats. This in itself is a very naive attitude, but one that exists nonetheless. But in any case, I very strongly suspect (I haven't seen the stats) that the majority of major music buyers (i.e. those that buy more than a couple of CD's a month) are from a middle class background. Mainly because they have the money.

McLennon

• Getting Better
  • There are 7 levels!
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2007, 03:41:40 PM »

I'd say the footage of bob dylan refusing to sign signitures was a bit mean of him whereas John would and stuff, and the fact he doesn't talk to his audience! but on a whole I think he is a very cool man, and in many songs you can tell he has heart and cares!
I think he has a voice where you either love or hate it! i love it!  ;)
There are 7 levels!

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2007, 12:53:28 AM »

another good note is the wilburys started out in his l a garage studio...

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2007, 01:02:17 AM »

I think the difference between Bob and most artists is that he gave the audience what it needed, rather than what it wanted.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2007, 01:03:30 AM »

???

Explain.

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2007, 01:27:36 AM »

What did the audience need? What did they want? Am I alone in my bepuzzlement?

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2007, 02:14:06 AM »

direction we always want direction....
have a link http://www.whirligig-tv.co.uk/index.htm

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2007, 04:31:26 AM »

she says 'Your debutante just knows what you need but I know what you want'

bobbydylanlover

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2008, 01:56:40 AM »

Well, it comes a time in a Bob lover's life when they have to accept that some people just don't see how amazing he really is..
I would never consider any of Bob's work as "jibberish" or him as a heartless person..
(to that "heartless" bit, i'd like to direct you to these lyrics: http://www.bobdylan.com/songs/nobodycept.html)
I do understand, that Bob would sometimes act rude or out of the ordinary, and he did lie about many things, yes. But I mean, you can't blame him for that. Aren't others rude and liars? Just because he was famous and his lies were revealed, doesn't mean that he's any worse than anyone else.
I personally find it quite easy to overlook these minor faults, though, and find a truly wonderful and beautiful person. His lyrics are deep and wonderful, and his so called "nasal tones" happen to be pretty much the best I've ever heard.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.301 seconds with 55 queries.