Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Spice Girls concert sells out in 38 seconds  (Read 2114 times)

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
Re: Spice Girls concert sells out in 38 seconds
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2007, 09:53:47 AM »

DJ Brandon Block squaring up to Ronnie Wood was good entertainment after he was so off his face he believed he had won an award lol

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2007, 12:05:58 AM »

Quote from: 185
The Brit awards are: 1997: Best video: "Say You

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2007, 12:16:44 AM »

Quote from: 63

Britney?  ;D

Yeah, but Britney ain't selling out squat! She's DONE! I hope.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2007, 03:43:47 AM »

Its pretty bad when you think to yourself,,,,,'Remember when Britney was hot?'

She fell hard and fast

Pasta Cheif

• Getting Better
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2007, 08:18:20 AM »

Britney I hope is finished. But, you never know.. in 9 years she may come back from nowhere and sell out venues in a few minutes.
"Dont take life seriously, you'll never get out of it alive"

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2007, 08:30:58 AM »

Quote from: 373

Kev, am I right in saying that your actually giving the Spice Girls credit here? If so, thats cool, but the one thing I always have to ask is, how good are they musician wise and how good are their songwriting skills?

Anybody with a decent voice and an ass that shakes could have done what they did.

Oops. I think most Brits have a soft spot for them. They were fresh and new and fun and never pretended to be anything they weren't. Their lack of musicianship and songwriting skills somehow didn't dent their appeal (it  added to it) - that's not what they were all about. You had that in spades with Blur and Oasis and the Spice Girls were the antedote to all that serious student-in-a-bedsit stuff.
Maybe it was a little like Beatlemania - everyone just got swept up in the fun and joy of it all. They coincided with the new Blair governement, Britpop was booming and everyone had money in their pocket. And they had some good tunes. You couldn't help but like them. and that dress....
don't follow leaders

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2007, 09:28:24 AM »

Quote from: 185

Oops. I think most Brits have a soft spot for them. They were fresh and new and fun and never pretended to be anything they weren't. Their lack of musicianship and songwriting skills somehow didn't dent their appeal (it  added to it) - that's not what they were all about. You had that in spades with Blur and Oasis and the Spice Girls were the ancedote to all that serious student-in-a-bedsit stuff.
Maybe it was a little like Beatlemania - everyone just got swept up in the fun and joy of it all. They coincided with the new Blair governement, Britpop was booming and everyone had money in their pocket. And they had some good tunes. You couldn't help but like them. and that dress....

Hey, i'm all for Geri Halliwell's appeal (I still have the Playboy), but I cant take them seriously in a music sense. I put them on a shelve with people like Britney, N'SYNC, New Kids On The Block, Jessica Simpson, etc,,,,talentless hacks. They have their music and songs written and performed for them while all they do is follow a teleprompter (God forbid if they might have even,,,,lip-synched).

I just cant categorize them at any comparison to Beatlemania due to the fact that the beatles actually played instruments, wrote music, and garnered respect from their piers.

Anyways, I totally understand where your coming from and thats cool. I'm just being hard to get along with and I need to be ignored.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2007, 10:01:32 AM »

Hey, i'm all for Geri Halliwell's appeal (I still have the Playboy), but I cant take them seriously in a music sense. I put them on a shelve with people like Britney, N'SYNC, New Kids On The Block, Jessica Simpson, etc,,,,talentless hacks. They have their music and songs written and performed for them while all they do is follow a teleprompter (God forbid if they might have even,,,,lip-synched).

There's no reason to take them seriously. There's no reason to take any pop music seriously, including The Beatles. I know one person who went to see them live in...1997, I think, and he was near the front, and said that they definately were not miming.

I just cant categorize them at any comparison to Beatlemania due to the fact that the beatles actually played instruments, wrote music, and garnered respect from their piers.

I don't think it's got anything to do with playing instruments, and writing music. Let's not forget that the mighty Elvis wrote nothing, and only strummed that guitar. They created a stir, and had a huge maniaclal following of screaming kids. Remind you of anyone?

I think they came along at the right time. Brit pop - which was dominating the music scene in Britain - was getting a bit too full of itself, a bit serious. Nobody smiled anymore. The Spice Girls came along and shook it up, made people smile again.

I'm just being hard to get along with and I need to be ignored.

There's no chance of that. Sorry. ;D

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2007, 10:17:55 AM »

Anyways, I totally understand where your coming from and thats cool. I'm just being hard to get along with and I need to be ignored.

I'm with you on this Tk....A nice diversion for some & those in need tho. :)
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2007, 10:33:41 AM »

Quote from: 483

I don't think it's got anything to do with playing instruments, and writing music. Let's not forget that the mighty Elvis wrote nothing, and only strummed that guitar.

Touche

(But he shook his ass more than they did)

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2007, 10:48:30 AM »

I don't want to involve a whole thread on this, but it's in the same vein - anyone catch the interview with Donny Osmond last night?
Respect to the guy - despite the most horrendous temptations known to man he never abandoned his faith - no drugs, groupies, booze.
And when no one would touch him with a barge pole he just kept plugging away. Michael Jackson told him to change his name, his manager told him to invent a drug problem - but he just kept on being Donny. Now he's rebuilding his career and is having some success again. Respect.
don't follow leaders

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2007, 12:51:48 PM »

Micheal Ball is holding himself well lately too. lol

Just teasing, I get the point. It's a hard game tis showbiz, so respect to those that still 'got it' to get up there still.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.3 seconds with 63 queries.