Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 204

Author Topic: What's the weather like in your country or state?  (Read 346555 times)

KelMar

Re: What's the weather like in your country or state?
« Reply #3400 on: October 03, 2018, 05:15:05 PM »

I'm jealous as usual, Kevin! We've had overcast skies and mist/fog for more than a week now. And now there's snow in the forecast. Oh, well, guess it had to happen sometime.

Snow? Oh no not that! We’ve had the overcast skies and way too much rain but the snow needs to hold off until Molly’s winter coat arrives. I found a lady on Etsy who is making her a sherpa fleece lined coat. LOL Hopefully she’ll let me put it on her. She’s the only Boston Terrier we’ve had who is afraid of blankets.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3401 on: October 03, 2018, 09:40:41 PM »

I'm jealous as usual, Kevin! We've had overcast skies and mist/fog for more than a week now. And now there's snow in the forecast. Oh, well, guess it had to happen sometime.

Reminds me of when I lived in England Kathy, I always felt a bit gloomy in October, summer was well and truly gone and winter coming  :-\

Weve lived in Oz now for a long time and I still really appreciate the weather here.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #3402 on: October 03, 2018, 10:45:16 PM »

I love this time of year on the Gold Coast, nice breezes, 24deg C, blue skies - perfect  8)

Wait!  I thought Australia's Gold Coast looked like this...

I can stay till it's time to go

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3403 on: October 03, 2018, 11:40:55 PM »

If that were the case Baz all the Kangaroos would fall off.

No, the earth MUST be flat.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3404 on: October 05, 2018, 04:43:44 AM »

Snow? Oh no not that! We’ve had the overcast skies and way too much rain but the snow needs to hold off until Molly’s winter coat arrives. I found a lady on Etsy who is making her a sherpa fleece lined coat. LOL Hopefully she’ll let me put it on her. She’s the only Boston Terrier we’ve had who is afraid of blankets.

The snow arrived today; boo! Bear has like six sweaters that his sisters have bought him, plus a little pair of boots, but they're hard to get on. His paws are so tiny I'm afraid I'll snap one of his little bones if I tug too hard. 

I hope Molly likes her coat, Kelley.  :)

KelMar

« Reply #3405 on: October 06, 2018, 05:20:03 AM »

The snow arrived today; boo! Bear has like six sweaters that his sisters have bought him, plus a little pair of boots, but they're hard to get on. His paws are so tiny I'm afraid I'll snap one of his little bones if I tug too hard. 

I hope Molly likes her coat, Kelley.  :)

Aww...Bear is such a cute little guy, right down to his tiny paws. We have a problem with the coat. Two actually. I was under the impression that it fastened around the neck with velcro but the flaps are sewn down and it goes over the head. Molly won’t tolerate anything like that. I also was told that there would be a buttonhole for the harness ring but instead there’s a ring attached to the back of the coat. She’d be out of that in a heartbeat. So hopefully I can send it back to be fixed. It really is beautiful and so soft and warm.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #3406 on: October 06, 2018, 06:49:51 AM »

Lovely spring day here in Canberra. Totally cloudless. A gently warm 20 degrees.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3407 on: October 08, 2018, 12:27:45 PM »

Just had the first of our spring storms here, wow what a doozie   :o

Love this time of year.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3408 on: October 08, 2018, 05:23:24 PM »

Aww...Bear is such a cute little guy, right down to his tiny paws. We have a problem with the coat. Two actually. I was under the impression that it fastened around the neck with velcro but the flaps are sewn down and it goes over the head. Molly won’t tolerate anything like that. I also was told that there would be a buttonhole for the harness ring but instead there’s a ring attached to the back of the coat. She’d be out of that in a heartbeat. So hopefully I can send it back to be fixed. It really is beautiful and so soft and warm.

I hope those things are able to be fixed before it gets too cold there, Kelley! I can see why any dog wouldn't like anything forced over his or her head.

It sounds like a comfy coat!  :)

KelMar

« Reply #3409 on: October 09, 2018, 03:43:45 AM »

I hope those things are able to be fixed before it gets too cold there, Kelley! I can see why any dog wouldn't like anything forced over his or her head.

It sounds like a comfy coat!  :)

Yep, she's going to take care of it. She's a very sweet lady. Molly sure doesn't need it right now. It is so humid again! If this doesn't stop soon, we won't have any doors left. All our storm doors and the French doors inside had to be planed at least once this summer.

KelMar

« Reply #3410 on: October 30, 2018, 01:35:58 AM »

We are going to have a rare day without rain tomorrow then it’s back to unrelenting rain for two more days. I do mind.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3411 on: October 30, 2018, 02:38:03 AM »

We are going to have a rare day without rain tomorrow then it’s back to unrelenting rain for two more days. I do mind.

So run and hide your head.  ;)

We're going to have a bit of Injun Summer 'round these parts come Thursday...

Yep, sonny this is sure enough Injun summer. Don't know what that is, I reckon, do you? Well, that's when all the homesick Injuns come back to play; You know, a long time ago, long afore yer granddaddy was born even, there used to be heaps of Injuns around here—thousands—millions, I reckon, far as that's concerned. Reg'lar sure 'nough Injuns—none o' yer cigar store Injuns, not much. They wuz all around here—right here where you're standin'.

Don't be skeered—hain't none around here now, leastways no live ones. They been gone this many a year.

They all went away and died, so they ain't no more left.

But every year, 'long about now, they all come back, leastways their sperrits do. They're here now. You can see 'em off across the fields. Look real hard. See that kind o' hazy misty look out yonder? Well, them's Injuns—Injun sperrits marchin' along an' dancin' in the sunlight. That's what makes that kind o' haze that's everywhere—it's jest the sperrits of the Injuns all come back. They're all around us now.

See off yonder; see them tepees? They kind o' look like corn shocks from here, but them's Injun tents, sure as you're a foot high. See 'em now? Sure, I knowed you could. Smell that smoky sort o' smell in the air? That's the campfires a-burnin' and their pipes a-goin'.

Lots o' people say it's just leaves burnin', but it ain't. It's the campfires, an' th' Injuns are hoppin' 'round 'em t'beat the old Harry.

You jest come out here tonight when the moon is hangin' over the hill off yonder an' the harvest fields is all swimmin' in the moonlight, an' you can see the Injuns and the tepees jest as plain as kin be. You can, eh? I knowed you would after a little while.

Jever notice how the leaves turn red 'bout this time o' year? That's jest another sign o' redskins. That's when an old Injun sperrit gits tired dancin' an' goes up an' squats on a leaf t'rest. Why I kin hear 'em rustlin' an' whisper in' an' creepin' 'round among the leaves all the time; an' ever' once'n a while a leaf gives way under some fat old Injun ghost and comes floatin' down to the ground. See—here's one now. See how red it is? That's the war paint rubbed off'n an Injun ghost, sure's you're born.

Purty soon all the Injuns'll go marchin' away agin, back to the happy huntin' ground, but next year you'll see 'em troopin' back—th' sky jest hazy with 'em and their campfires smolderin' away jest like they are now.

John T. McCutcheon   Chicago Tribune   September 30, 1907

From his pipe the smoke ascending
Filled the sky with haze and vapor,
Filled the air with dreamy softness,
Gave a twinkle to the water,
Touched the rugged hills with smoothness,
Brought the tender Indian Summer
To the melancholy north-land,
In the dreary Moon of Snow-shoes.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
       Hiawatha 1855

KelMar

« Reply #3412 on: October 30, 2018, 03:35:39 AM »

So run and hide your head.  ;)

I’ve thought about that for several reasons the past few days. It’s hard for Molly because she tries so hard to please us but the cold rain really bothers her. But if that’s the worst thing I have to deal with I know I’m very fortunate.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Hiawatha 1855

My favorite Longfellow poem is The Village Blacksmith. I had a book very similar to the one below and my boy Lab chewed it up. He had a taste for old volumes.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3413 on: October 30, 2018, 05:41:59 PM »

I feel for ya, Kelley; it's sunny here today, but rain and snow are predicted toward the end of the week. And on those days I usually do hide my head, Barry.  ;)

My favorite Longfellow poem is The Village Blacksmith. I had a book very similar to the one below and my boy Lab chewed it up. He had a taste for old volumes.

I let my teenage son borrow my treasured paperback copy of Lord of the Flies when he had to read it for school a couple of years ago, and he left it on the floor of his bedroom, and Bear ruined it. I was really upset. It was an old copy with a great deal of sentimental value to me. I should have just bought him a generic copy at Barnes & Noble.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 05:46:45 PM by Normandie »

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3414 on: October 31, 2018, 03:21:32 AM »

...but rain and snow are predicted toward the end of the week. And on those days I usually do hide my head, Barry.  ;)

It's just a state of mind, Kathleen.  Can you hear me?  Can you hear me?  ;)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3415 on: October 31, 2018, 03:30:25 AM »

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3416 on: October 31, 2018, 10:21:29 PM »

It's just a state of mind, Kathleen. 

Yeah, but it's a hard state to get out of when the skies are overcast for several days at a time.  ;)

KelMar

« Reply #3417 on: October 31, 2018, 11:32:12 PM »

I let my teenage son borrow my treasured paperback copy of Lord of the Flies when he had to read it for school a couple of years ago, and he left it on the floor of his bedroom, and Bear ruined it. I was really upset. It was an old copy with a great deal of sentimental value to me. I should have just bought him a generic copy at Barnes & Noble.

Oh geez! I read that some books give off a scent like vanilla as they age. Dogs love it...unfortunately!

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #3418 on: November 03, 2018, 09:59:02 AM »

Its very windy today.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3419 on: November 03, 2018, 07:10:19 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 204

Page created in 3.66 seconds with 73 queries.