Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Red Hot Chili Peppers  (Read 1276 times)

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
Red Hot Chili Peppers
« on: September 28, 2007, 12:31:46 PM »

what does everyone think of them, they are probably my favourite band from the 90s onwards personal favourite albums of theres are bssm, by the way, californication, stadium arcadium.

the energy and chemistry between john frusciante and flea is sometimes mesmerizing to watch, they really are fantastic when it comes to slower songs.

I sometimes think what it would be like if they john as main vocals instead of anthony as he would sing the vereses instead of anthonys rap ? but i suppose anthonys rapping is what makes it unique at the time

Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 04:34:26 PM »

Was never really a big fan until i bought Stadium Arcadium which i think is a fantastic double album ,it's a bit of a sprawling monster but  it works  , it's my favourite double album after The Beatles White Album and Kate Bush's Aerial.

DaveRam :)

Pasta Cheif

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 04:10:25 AM »

While Californication is a critically acclaimed album and has brought many fans (old and new) to the peppers, I still like Blood Sugar Sex Magik the best.
"Dont take life seriously, you'll never get out of it alive"

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 04:14:01 AM »

yeah theres soem thing so raw and energetic about that album and also i think they all were at there peak musically about that time frusciante has never been the same since those days he returned a different player, he is still one of the best today but back then he was setting up to be something fantastic

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 05:16:28 AM »

One of the few GOOD bands to come out of the eighties. Even though they really didn't make it until the 90's. But do they sing about anything else besides California anymore?  ;)

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 05:24:13 AM »

lol no and also i thin the same girl called dani appears in a few of there songs, i think anthony has a bit of infatuation for someone called dani from cali ?

legthi

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 10:17:06 AM »

Californication and By the way are great. I got the chance to see them live last year and they were amazing.

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 07:22:57 PM »

hate them. I cant understand their music. and wtf is up w/ Flea ? (pretty innovative bassist (I guess) but does he even own a shirt?)

I dont understand a word Anthony Kiedis is "singing". I'd rather go listen to Tiny Tim.

at least I "got" where Cobain and Edder Vedder where coming from--disenfranchised youth(a well-worn theme), but Kiedis ?? it's all mumbo jumbo.

sorry, just an OLD sixties kid perspective...lemme go adjust my freakin' hearing aid. ;D

Page created in 0.261 seconds with 50 queries.