Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Age poll, cause I can  (Read 3229 times)

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
  • Insanity is just a state of mind
    • Coughlin Computers
Age poll, cause I can
« on: April 23, 2007, 10:05:19 PM »

We havent had a good poll in awhile so here this is.

i know that you can just look on the side, but this way we can figure out how old our base of people are...that way i can sell them life insurance ;D ;D
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

raxo

• Sun King
Re: Age poll, cause I can
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 10:16:41 PM »

This looks similar to this one:
http://dmbeatles.com/forums/b-cc/m-1157891937/

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 10:27:36 PM »

but mine has more range of ages and funnier choices :P
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 10:29:36 PM »

I'm not going to discouse that  :P

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 12:39:46 AM »

I protest! We do not need another age poll!

*clicks buttons because I just can't resist a poll * checks into a 12-step program to help me over my compulsion*  ;D
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 01:01:42 AM »

hahaha, but mine is better, much better choices. far greater range

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 01:23:28 AM »

You should break it down by generation. I'd be more inclined to answer that way.

Here's an 80's quiz. It will tell you if what kind of 80's person you would have been or where. Whatever the case may be. It said I was a metal head. So it's pretty damn accurate cuz that's exactly what I was.  ;D

http://www.liquidgeneration.com/media/Games/Quiz_How_Totally_80s_Are_You/

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 11:58:19 AM »

What the billy shears, Ill vote (as I just did). There's no harm in voting bout my age in two polls. Besides I dont even remember if I voted in the other one. Probably did.  

So yea according to some dude here (hehe) "congrats, life is grand, you can buy anything now". I'll add to that "you can buy anything now, coz you can get some income" except the only thing you can never buy (with money anyway) is LOVE and FUN (aint it right Sir Paul  ;))

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

sewi

• Getting Better
  • Life is short
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 03:33:07 PM »

Deja Vu for me. 26, I have already said. I am sure now.
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 07:58:27 PM »

I took that '80s quiz and got Wasteoid. Which is ridic, because I never even touch drugs. Anyway, I'm just glad I never lived in the '80s. Horrible clothes, horrible music. I don't get why there is so much nostalgia for that decade nowadays.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2007, 12:46:46 AM »

I don't either. I was there and it sucked even then. I'd rather be nostalgic for the 90's.

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 01:19:37 AM »

90s? music was much better in the 80s, and thats not saying much

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 01:37:01 AM »

Quote from: 343
90s? music was much better in the 80s, and thats not saying much

Wha?? That's insanity! INSANITY!!! I HATED the music in the 80's. You could not get away from bad techno, new wave, synthesizers, hair metal, hair metal, and hair metal!!!!!!!! Good luck finding something good on the radio at that time. Other than some U2 and early 80's Clash or something. Plus, like Mairi said, huge hair, pastels, Frankie Goes to Hollywood shirts, and stir ups man. Nobody needs that. The 90's were a huge relief.

ma_tt2

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2007, 02:13:07 AM »

Im 18 but still can't buy everything  :( only one more year though.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2007, 09:07:06 AM »

Quote from: 218
I don't get why there is so much nostalgia for that decade nowadays.

It seems that people who had their heyday in a particular decade get all nostaligic for it when they start reaching forty. By 2017ish I guarantee people will be have nineties parties.
I agree with the bad music, but will offer The Smiths, The Police and New Order in that decades defense. Classic eighties movies seem a bit thin on the ground (compared to the seventies and nineties)  as well.
don't follow leaders

BlueMeanie

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 09:32:48 AM »

Quote from: 216

Wha?? That's insanity! INSANITY!!! I HATED the music in the 80's. You could not get away from bad techno, new wave, synthesizers, hair metal, hair metal, and hair metal!!!!!!!! Good luck finding something good on the radio at that time. Other than some U2 and early 80's Clash or something. Plus, like Mairi said, huge hair, pastels, Frankie Goes to Hollywood shirts, and stir ups man. Nobody needs that. The 90's were a huge relief.

It all depends how old you are I suppose. At my age I get nostalgic for the 70's. A friend who's nearly ten years older goes all glassy eyed over the 60's. Some people I used to work with are all in their mid to late 30's go bloody ga-ga over Visage!!! It's all relevant to age.

I spent most of the 80's in a bit of a jazz haze, but I will also offer up a few exceptions: The Cure, Japan, and XTC.

In the 80s, the music smiled and the clothes smiled - David Lee Roth

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 10:08:06 PM »

I find it disturbing that '80s clothes are making a revival. Anyone who really knows fashion (in a historical and artistic rather than trendy sense) knows that '80s clothes were the worst of the lot. The late '70s kind of set the stage for it, but really, the clothes were just awful. They were unflattering to pretty much everyone and the textiles and patterns were so gaudy. I'm more of a '50s-'60s type person. Much sleeker, stylish designs, that don't look ridiculous today.

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 11:08:31 PM »

60s had some bad stuff too *cough cough* paper dresses *cough*

it could be worst. we could we wearing the 70s and 80s stuff at the same time. oh my eyes go blind at the thought

granted i cant say much cause i wore hawaiian shirts from 6th grade to 11th grade, got more mild in the last two years but still

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2007, 11:28:07 AM »

Quote from: 218
I find it disturbing that '80s clothes are making a revival. Anyone who really knows fashion (in a historical and artistic rather than trendy sense) knows that '80s clothes were the worst of the lot. The late '70s kind of set the stage for it, but really, the clothes were just awful. They were unflattering to pretty much everyone and the textiles and patterns were so gaudy. I'm more of a '50s-'60s type person. Much sleeker, stylish designs, that don't look ridiculous today.

It's wierd that at the time it seemed to be okay.I used to tuck my super-baggy trousers INTO my moon boots, wear a button-over dentist-style shirt, enough hairspray to destroy a small planet a little bit of eyeliner - and i thought I was the dogs bollocks.
On the upside, it was a time when skinny, slightly effiminate guys who liked to wear a bit of makeup were all the rage, and for once I fitted the bill. '84 to '88 were by far my most profitable years girlwise. God bless Duran Duran (especially John Taylor, who was THE man.)
don't follow leaders

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2007, 02:52:30 PM »

Heroin chic. The whole 'guys in eyeliner' thing is coming back, and I see no problem with that. It's rather sexy if you ask me.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.308 seconds with 82 queries.