Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: John and Yoko  (Read 3814 times)

Mendips

• Getting Better
Re: John and Yoko
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2005, 06:55:24 PM »

I like A LOT of Yoko's songs and I admit it freely!  :)
John: You're just a lonely old man from Liverpool.
Grandfather: But I'm clean!
John: Are ya?

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2005, 08:47:42 PM »

Is that pic from the last photo session? John looks younger than he usually does when I see pics from that session. Maybe it's the smile. Oh, and thank God it's from the shoulders up this time.

Although, that one pic of him naked in the fetal position on her always fascinates me though. It's like a perfect representatin of their relationship. John-Child/Yoko-Mother. He never got over losing him mom I guess.

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2005, 12:05:42 AM »

Quote from: Maccalvr
Is that pic from the last photo session? John looks younger than he usually does when I see pics from that session. Maybe it's the smile. Oh, and thank God it's from the shoulders up this time.

Although, that one pic of him naked in the fetal position on her always fascinates me though. It's like a perfect representatin of their relationship. John-Child/Yoko-Mother. He never got over losing him mom I guess.

Yep. She was his Mother to be sure.  There's a great book-a day by day chronicle- called "The Beatles After The Breakup". There is an entry that said when Paul was in NY the night before he was leaving for Japan, that he called John to share some 'good stuff'. Yoko intercepted the call, and it was speculated that she tipped off the Officials at Narita that Paul would be arriving with Marijuana in tow. I wouldn't put it past her. She's evil.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2005, 10:08:27 AM »

I can't share in all this Yoko hatred (seconded only by Heather-Hate) . Most of Yoko and Johns collaboration stuff was rubbish, so its a bit mean blaming her. And her solo stuff is supposed to be avante-garde (isn't it?) and is going to fall foul on our rock/pop ears. Anyway its harmless enough.
As for The Vulture thing, sure she's made mistakes, but I think in general the Lennon legacy has been well looked after. It could have been so much worse.
As for her making money out of it all, well someone has to, and why shouldn't it be the woman John was so heavily in love with (for whatever reason). Though of course Julian has been shabily treated. But evil? I wouldn't think so.
don't follow leaders

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2005, 11:23:03 PM »

Quote from: kevin_b
I can't share in all this Yoko hatred (seconded only by Heather-Hate) . Most of Yoko and Johns collaboration stuff was rubbish, so its a bit mean blaming her. And her solo stuff is supposed to be avante-garde (isn't it?) and is going to fall foul on our rock/pop ears. Anyway its harmless enough.
As for The Vulture thing, sure she's made mistakes, but I think in general the Lennon legacy has been well looked after. It could have been so much worse.
As for her making money out of it all, well someone has to, and why shouldn't it be the woman John was so heavily in love with (for whatever reason). Though of course Julian has been shabily treated. But evil? I wouldn't think so.

Avant Garde is usually synonymous for talentless crap purveyed as 'Art'. I flushed a bunch of art this morning.  She's a f***ing nutbag who got very very lucky, plus sympathy to boot. What a trooper.

TysonWolf

• A Beginning
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2005, 02:39:44 AM »

I like Yoko. I really do. I think she's an interesting person, and I think she's a very strong women. Everything she's had to put up with, being blamed for braking up The Beatles, her art and music, etc. etc. And then her husband is murdered.
I've heard some of her songs (not the screaming) and I like her voice.

But we all have our own opinions, and that's fine. I think as long as it doesn't get out of control or rude, it's just fine.

norwegianwoody

• A Beginning
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2005, 09:58:36 PM »

Like her or hate her she's a helluva businesswoman.  Coldhearted as it may be.

Heart

• A Beginning
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2006, 06:32:07 AM »

I think people treat Yoko very unfairly. Even John said it--if your a true John fan you can accept their love. Everyone just wants a peice of him to themselves. Apparently he's not allowed to be human.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 55 queries.