Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What Solo Song Is Paul's Imagine ?  (Read 4037 times)

What Solo Song Is Paul's Imagine ?
« on: July 30, 2007, 02:30:34 PM »

Seems to me that Paul does'nt have a solo song , which is considerd a signiture song like John's Imagine or George's My Sweet Lord .
So im wondering which song from his solo recordings would you consider to be worthy of this ?
After much thought i think i would go with one of his  most recent songs which stands out from the rest " The End Of The End " or maybe from the past i would go with " Maybe I'm Amazed " as his defining solo song .

DaveRam :)

Dark Phoenyx

• Getting Better
  • Paul Mc Cartney is the true bass god!
Re: What Solo Song Is Paul's Imagine ?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 03:59:44 PM »

Maybe I'm amazed is a good contender as a Sir Macca signature solo song.  I also think of Silly love songs.  But what happens with Paul is that he has so much solo stuff compared to George & John.  But Maybe I'm amazed has something that makes it a Mc Cartney song.
<br /><br />The warlus was Paul...   8)

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 04:51:31 PM »

I'd definitly have to say Maybe I'm Amazed. It's Paul all the way, the words, the singing, the guitar, the piano. It's definitly one of his very best songs.
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 05:19:50 PM »

If we're talking about a signature song, we're talking about a REALLY good song, but also a BIG HIT. 'Imagine' and 'My Sweet Lord' are the best-selling singles of John and George. But Paul's best selling-single (Mull Of Kintyre) is not really his best, so I think Paul's signature song is Band On The Run. It was a worldwide hit, the second-but-main single from his best-selling album, and one of the few songs mixing ballad and rock (so haves something for everybody!  ;D ). So I guess Band on the Run deserves the title.  :)
And Ringo's signature song is... Photograph, right?  :P
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 06:19:30 PM »

What got me thinking about this question ,was when John and George died you knew which song everyone would be playing or thinking about , but with Paul it's more difficult, as a signiture song does'nt spring to mind even though he's had so many hits .
His Uk # 1's don't seem to quite fit the bill ? , but i can see The End Of The End been played at the end which ,hopefully won't be for many years.
But maybe a big hit like Silly Love Songs , people will look at and say that's Paul's signature song  :)

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 07:15:30 PM »

When John died they did play Imagine....I don't remember them playing My Sweet Lord a lot when George died though...that isn't the first song that comes to mind when you say George...but that is just me....

I think it is Maybe I'm Amazed or like Live and Let Die.....

~the guiding light in all your love shines on~

Dark Phoenyx

• Getting Better
  • Paul Mc Cartney is the true bass god!
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 08:56:53 PM »

Live & let die is good too!
<br /><br />The warlus was Paul...   8)

dirtyoldsod

• A Beginning
  • Sue me sue you
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2007, 12:07:50 AM »

Probably Maybe I'm Amazed.
<br /><br /><br />

Whoever

• Getting Better
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2007, 07:10:05 AM »

Maybe I'm Amazed.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2007, 08:52:44 AM »

Quote from: 679
What got me thinking about this question ,was when John and George died you knew which song everyone would be playing or thinking about , but with Paul it's more difficult, as a signiture song does'nt spring to mind even though he's had so many hits .
His Uk # 1's don't seem to quite fit the bill ? , but i can see The End Of The End been played at the end which ,hopefully won't be for many years.
But maybe a big hit like Silly Love Songs , people will look at and say that's Paul's signature song  :)

They'll play Yesterday when he dies. It's easily the song most associated with him. Solo wise, I'm afraid it's probably Mull Of Kintyre!

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2007, 09:24:25 AM »

Quote from: 483

They'll play Yesterday when he dies. It's easily the song most associated with him. Solo wise, I'm afraid it's probably Mull Of Kintyre!

Agree BlueMeanie we will hear Yesterday a lot , and Mull Of Kintyre which was massive in the Uk , but the later is not a great signature song , so hopefully Maybe I'm Amazed will be played also in equal amounts .

dirtyoldsod

• A Beginning
  • Sue me sue you
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2007, 09:24:46 AM »

Quote from: 483

I thought Denny wrote the majority of that song, though?  :-/
I recall an interview where it was said that Paul came up with the chorus, Denny wrote the rest,
and Paul tweaked it a tad. Can Mull still qualify?
<br /><br /><br />

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2007, 09:44:10 AM »

Quote from: 599
I recall an interview where it was said that Paul came up with the chorus, Denny wrote the rest,

Can't see why not. Yoko had considerable input into Imagine.
don't follow leaders

BlueMeanie

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2007, 09:46:10 AM »

Quote from: 599

It's not really a matter of whether it qualifies. It comes down to what songs 'the masses' associate him with. And Mull Of Kintyre is one of them, whether he wrote it or not.

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2007, 10:01:32 AM »

Likewise with Live And Let Die ,Linda had input in that song , but it's a much better signature song than Mulligatawny Soup  ;D
I was listening to the Live version of Maybe I'm Amazed on Wings Over America and it's a scandal it only reached # 28 in the UK charts it's a brilliant performance , i love it :)

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2007, 12:45:31 PM »

When Lennon died, the entire world listened to Imagine many times again because its message and because the terrible way that John died, and because he was really young at the time (and also just coming back after a 5-year break). When George died was really predestined, many people already knew before his dead that he was in trouble and his final was really coming. But if Paul dies at 90, for example, what we're gonna hear about him? He doesn't have any real 'signature' song as a solo artist, so surely we'll hear 'Yesterday', 'Let It Be', all those classic Beatle tunes.
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

Flaming Pie in the Sky

• A Thousand Pages
    • Gone Troppo
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2007, 03:43:05 PM »

I think Live And Let Die

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2007, 09:05:17 PM »

I doubt it will would be Dance Tonight! ;D

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2007, 03:22:29 AM »

yesterday seems like a good candidate and it could technically be called a solo song even though it was under the beatles and credited to himself and lennon, also my sweet lord could easily have been a beatles track like wise with imagine

• A Beginning
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2007, 04:39:38 AM »

When Paul is remebered with history and music, they will flash through the years and have Ed Sullivan video and a chronology through his life, most likely with 'Yesterday', 'My Love' through the Linda years, 'Band on the Run' through the great Mullet years, and some of the later stuff for the "What he had done the past years" kind of sh*t.
I think that 'Maybe I'm Amazed' will be the one that brings it back to the minions (though us Maccaphiles will know better).
What time does the Bus leave?<br /><br />The opinons expressed by 834 are solely maintained by 834 and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of other members or management of this site.  They are not meant to offend or insult, they are just
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 6.873 seconds with 90 queries.