Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Blue and Red DVD  (Read 2846 times)

BlueMeanie

Blue and Red DVD
« on: July 04, 2007, 10:44:03 AM »

This is getting curiouser and curiouser. I was just thinking that there hasn't been a whiff of rumour over the Live at Budokan DVD, when I discovered these:

The Beatles - The Blue Album DVD Release date: September 10.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beatle.....183545503&sr=1-1

The Beatles - The Red Album DVD Release date: August 27.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beatle.....83545357&sr=1-17

BlueMeanie

Re: Blue and Red DVD
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 08:01:13 PM »

Anybody know anything about these?

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 08:33:40 PM »

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 09:13:01 PM »

Bad news: FORGET the red and blue DVDs - they are more of the same re-hashed old sh*t

Synopsis

The Red Album remains one of the finest showcases for the early Beatles work available, and here the best of the music from the early days is reviewed by a leading team of critics and contemporaries of the band.

Fantastic archive performance footage is combined with insights from Bill Harry, who knew Lennon and Sutcliffe from their Liverpool Art School Days and founded Merseybeat, and three of the best Beatles book authors to set pen to paper!

Catalogue number: RMS2470

Synopsis

The Red album is the perfect introduction to the early Beatles, but the Blue album is the comprehensive review of their mature work.

The Beatles personally participated in the track selection, and here we take you through the best tunes from Sgt. Pepper`s.., The White Album, Abbey Road and Let It Be with a host of leading critics and revealing Beatles¿ insider stories!

Catalogue number: RMS2474

BlueMeanie

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 10:59:08 AM »

I thought it was too good to be true. There's a MMT one of those as well. Just when I thought the new guy at Apple was getting their collective sh*t together.

Michelle Revolution

• A Beginning
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 06:42:53 PM »

I almost got excited then! :(
[face=sans-serif][size=25]My MySpace site: http://www.myspace.com/michellerevolution[/face][/size]

• A Beginning
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 09:36:53 PM »

So are these supposed to be legit releases, or bootleg rehash that made it on to Amazon?  I have great boot versions of what I would imagine would be on these, but a legit remastered, etc. copy would be cool.
What time does the Bus leave?<br /><br />The opinons expressed by 834 are solely maintained by 834 and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of other members or management of this site.  They are not meant to offend or insult, they are just

Michelle Revolution

• A Beginning
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 11:17:34 PM »

They are legitimate releases in-so-far as they are not illegal but arre not sanctioned by Apple. These DVD are filled with un-copyrighted material, which I am sure you have all seen a million times. Avoid, is my advice.
[face=sans-serif][size=25]My MySpace site: http://www.myspace.com/michellerevolution[/face][/size]

• A Beginning
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 02:56:23 AM »

Quote from: 723
They are legitimate releases in-so-far as they are not illegal but arre not sanctioned by Apple. These DVD are filled with un-copyrighted material, which I am sure you have all seen a million times. Avoid, is my advice.

Thanks for the head's up.  Y'know, when you hear of a new release, you kind of get excited that this may be the latest and greatest, but, um, yeah.  I guess I don't know how it can be a legit release as it's not been sanctioned by Apple.  Don't those idiots know what the demand is?  How can they not?  The poachers and pirates are still selling a ton of product under the guise of 'imports'.  Not that the Fabs haven't made a ton of money, but give me some decent remastered 'Shea', 'Budokan', 'Let It Be' and I'll be there.  Frustrating...

What time does the Bus leave?<br /><br />The opinons expressed by 834 are solely maintained by 834 and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of other members or management of this site.  They are not meant to offend or insult, they are just

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2007, 09:28:16 PM »

Quote from: 788

give me some decent remastered 'Shea', 'Budokan', 'Let It Be' and I'll be there.

Yes, i agree, what we need is a Live Beatles collection DVD set.
 :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Page created in 0.872 seconds with 59 queries.