Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Lennon Movie To Be Made  (Read 4033 times)

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
Lennon Movie To Be Made
« on: November 03, 2005, 07:16:43 PM »

I GOT THIS FROM YAHOO! NEWS:

Lohan, Leto shooting Lennon film -- Variety Thursday November 3, 10:47 AM  

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Lindsay Lohan and Jared Leto will star in an independent movie about the murder of former Beatle John Lennon, Daily Variety said in its Thursday edition.

"Chapter 27" features Lohan as a Lennon fan who befriends Lennon's murderer, Mark Chapman (Leto), during the weekend that he kills the musician outside his New York apartment building, the paper said. It did not mention who would play Lennon.

Lohan, best known for such hits as "Herbie: Fully Loaded" and "Mean Girls," has recently been wading into indie waters. She just wrapped work on Robert Altman's high-powered ensemble musical "A Prairie Home Companion," and signed on for "Bobby," Emilio Estevez's project about the assassination of Robert Kennedy.

Leto's recent credits include "Lord of War," and "Alexander."

Reuters/VNU

All You Need Is LOVE!

Mean_Mr_Mustard

• Getting Better
Re: Lennon Movie To Be Made
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 08:22:09 PM »

ehhh Lindsay Lohan :(

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 08:23:56 PM »

I don't know her. But who could be a convincing Lennon?
All You Need Is LOVE!

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 08:43:53 PM »

i cannot believe they are making this!:

Lohan, Leto Shooting Lennon Film

LOS ANGELES (Nov. 3) - Lindsay Lohan and Jared Leto will star in an independent movie about the murder of former Beatle John Lennon, Daily Variety said in its Thursday edition.

"Chapter 27" features Lohan as a Lennon fan who befriends Lennon's murderer, M*** C****** (Leto), during the weekend that he kills the musician outside his New York apartment building, the paper said. It did not mention who would play Lennon.

Lohan, best known for such hits as "Herbie: Fully Loaded" and "Mean Girls," has recently been wading into indie waters. She just wrapped work on Robert Altman's high-powered ensemble musical "A Prairie Home Companion," and signed on for "Bobby," Emilio Estevez's project about the assassination of Robert Kennedy.

Leto's recent credits include "Lord of War," and "Alexander."

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 09:02:26 PM »

SMELLS LIKE SUCKY
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 02:00:07 AM »

This is in SUCH poor taste. It's explotive. I mean come on, why make a movie focusing on that scumbag??? And cast such terrible shallow actors?? What's Leto gonna gain about 100 pounds for this or something. God, at first I thought he was going to be Lennon and Lohan was going to by Yoko. Why not, that sounds just like the crap they pass off as movies these days. I hope people protest this movie as being a cheap way to make money off of John's name.

Mean_Mr_Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005, 02:46:24 AM »

Much hate for Mark David Chapman here? :(

Not that I like him but dosnt hate pretty much go against what John stood for?

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2005, 02:50:20 AM »

Are you kidding? John hated more people than he liked. He was for peace, that doesn't mean he tried to be like Jesus. He had a hard time forgiving Paul for God knows what. You think he would have forgiven Chapman??? I think he would agree that it's okay to hate a cold blooded sociopathic murderer. It's just reality that there are some people on this earth that are just here to cause misery and pain. And I think it's okay to feel contempt for them.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2005, 10:38:41 AM »

Quote from: Mean_Mr_Mustard
Much hate for Mark David Chapman here? :(

Not that I like him but dosnt hate pretty much go against what John stood for?

'Don't you know that you can count me out/in' (J.L.)

But sometimes hate is a hard feeling to quell. If we don't know what hate is, how can we realise love? What's really bad is when hate engulfs us.
All You Need Is LOVE!

Mean_Mr_Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2005, 06:07:44 PM »

I dont think I hate anyone, even if someone killed me.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2005, 07:49:15 PM »

I don't think I really "hate" anyone although I admit I tend to throw the word around quite a bit. "Hate" means to wish death upon and I ceratainly don't wish death upon anyone, even scum like MDC.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2005, 01:20:40 AM »

I wont watch this. Its really not the subject matter, but why do we have to live through one of Lohans first serious roles? Plus, if she gets any skinnier, she's gonna fall through her own @sshole and hang herself.

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2005, 02:26:08 AM »

Here's wot I hate: Bullsh*t works of semi-fiction like this. This is the Chapman equivalent of 'Two of Us'. Honestly, what's this Director got to work off of? MDC signing out of work as 'John Lennon' then crossing it out, that he flew to NY and stayed at the YMCA then the Sheraton, and all of the other stuff that is common knowledge, then try to dissect 'Catcher In The Rye', all the while putting together mega-contrived dialogue? Poor taste, exploitation at its worst, and I hope it goes over like a pregnant pole-vaulter.

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2005, 02:52:23 PM »

Quote from: Mean_Mr_Mustard
I dont think I hate anyone, even if someone killed me.

That may win you God's favour. I hope.  :)
All You Need Is LOVE!

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2005, 02:55:15 PM »

Quote from: juniorsfarm
Here's wot I hate: Bullsh*t works of semi-fiction like this. This is the Chapman equivalent of 'Two of Us'. Honestly, what's this Director got to work off of? MDC signing out of work as 'John Lennon' then crossing it out, that he flew to NY and stayed at the YMCA then the Sheraton, and all of the other stuff that is common knowledge, then try to dissect 'Catcher In The Rye', all the while putting together mega-contrived dialogue? Poor taste, exploitation at its worst, and I hope it goes over like a pregnant pole-vaulter.

In the dramatisation, the scriptwriters may well change actual details to fit in with their plot. That's annoying too.
All You Need Is LOVE!

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2005, 03:43:14 PM »

Yes, its all speculation and bullsh*t. Its a presumptuous notion to think you can get inside someone's head, especially someone you don't know, 25 years after the fact. Ridiculous.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2005, 08:24:42 PM »

If anyone remembers the whole Nike thing in the 80's, then they would have to realize that people aren't too keen about anything Beatles related being exploited. I can't beleive these people think that making a movie about Lennon's murderer will atrack anything but disgust or anger from people. And I'm not just talking about Beatles fans. Who would even want to watch one second of some actor portraying that person? I don't care what he did before or after that moment. No matter what it is, it will not change anything that happened. The guy is a narcasisstic, psychotic waste. He doesn't deserve this kind of attention.

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2005, 08:51:49 PM »

True, but you are looking at it from a sensible person's point of view. There's a ton of people out there that get off on the macabre. There are people who have the 'Faces of Death' collection on DVD. That's sick as hell. They remade 'Helter Skelter' how many years after the Manson murders/the first movie. There unfortunately will always be an audience for this kind of junk, though Chapman's story will likely be a little too esoteric for your average morbid bystander. I hope.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2005, 10:06:00 PM »

I can't think of any Beatles fans who would go to see that movie. And as for the people who get off on that sort of thing, they would most likely go see another movie of the same vein, that doesn't have so many confusing references to "The Beatles... whoever they are."
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.253 seconds with 83 queries.