Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Ringo Starr + Ludwig  (Read 3187 times)

LennonStarrFan

• A Beginning
Ringo Starr + Ludwig
« on: April 18, 2010, 07:03:35 PM »

The Night That Changed The Music World

Forty years ago, The Beatles’ first American appearance on television made Ed Sullivan “the show that launched a thousand purchase orders.”

"I have never known a drummer more widely acclaimed and publicized than you, Ringo Starr. Your millions of fans have honored you and the other members of the Beatles by their overwhelming acceptance of your recordings and concert appearances," declared William F. Ludwig Jr., then president of the Ludwig Drum Company, as he presented Ringo Starr with a gold-plated Ludwig Super-Sensitive snare drum. "On behalf of the employees and management of the Ludwig Drum Company, I would like to thank you for choosing our instruments and for the major role you are playing in the music world today."

Bill Ludwig and his daughter, Brooke,  present a gold-plated snare drum to Ringo and the Beatles before the band made its first Chicago appearance in 1964.

Full Article: http://beatles.ncf.ca/ludwig_ringos_drums.html

"John was the best. I loved John. He was fine singer, a fine musician and he was a fine friend." -Ringo
“He's (Ringo) every bloody bit as warm, unassuming, funny, and kind as he seems. He was quite simply the heart of the Beatles.” – John

Page created in 0.307 seconds with 35 queries.