Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: "I'll Keep You Satisfied" (w download)  (Read 1948 times)

Rowdy

• Getting Better
"I'll Keep You Satisfied" (w download)
« on: June 10, 2005, 12:40:56 PM »

Paul wrote this from what I've read...one of the Lennon/McCartney songs that was never recorded by the Beatles....it was recorded by Billy J Kramer and The Dakotas......here's an MP3 I uploaded of it:

http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2YXLL352N8FKB2SFQOQ3KUYYY6

But yeah, isn't that the catchiest thing ever? Me likey. I may upload some more of these "Songs They Gave Away" later......

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

Re: "I'll Keep You Satisfied" (w download)
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 12:55:14 PM »

You happen to have Tip Of My Tongue? Never heard that one.

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 12:45:50 AM »

"Tip Of My Tongue" which was recorded by Tommy Quickly........

http://s15.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2M4YKZYSXAXTV3BT7BHURVO4A6

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 08:20:24 AM »

I knew Tommy Quickly recorded it, but I never heard. And still haven't, for somehow the link doesn't work. I'll try again later. Is there any Beatles-recording of this song known?

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2005, 08:25:18 AM »

Got it now! Thanks! Funny song, but it reminds me always of this point of view: how come these Lennon-McCartney always get a bit 'simple' when not sung by The Beatles themselves? I always seems to miss that typical Beatle-ish sound. I mean, it is written by L&M, but it is not timeless at all. Just like those Peter and Gordon-songs. But maybe the Beatles were just very clever and knew very well what they were giving away...

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2005, 03:09:16 PM »

I agree, most of the songs they gave away are a bit more amateurish.......they're really well written pop songs, but not as affecting as The Beatles material..........I think a few of them can hold up with Beatles tracks though ("I'll Keep You Satisfied" "From A Window")

Page created in 0.314 seconds with 46 queries.