Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Yoko Ono  (Read 15643 times)

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
Re: Yoko Ono
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2007, 04:38:55 PM »

Quote from: 779
From this poll selection that Andy Smith was alluding to: "It is wrong to judge somebody I've never met on rumors...".

I see. Then I vote for none. Because I think the ever growing pile of testimony from so many people about the nature of their relationship is taking this beyond the mere rumour stage. It is of course something that can never be proven (even if John were alive it is unlikely he would be truthful or even aware of its true nature.)
But Mrs Lennon seems rather lacking in corrorabative witnesses, has both means and motive, and I find her guilty of living with John under false pretences and exploiting his vulnerable nature. And I find him guilty of complicity by his refusal to do anything other than allow himself to be treated like a beaten and cowering lap dog
don't follow leaders
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Whoever

• Getting Better
« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2007, 06:59:50 PM »

You make things so clear...

• A Beginning
« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2007, 08:32:21 PM »

Quote from: 185

I see. Then I vote for none. Because I think the ever growing pile of testimony from so many people about the nature of their relationship is taking this beyond the mere rumour stage. It is of course something that can never be proven (even if John were alive it is unlikely he would be truthful or even aware of its true nature.)
But Mrs Lennon seems rather lacking in corrorabative witnesses, has both means and motive, and I find her guilty of living with John under false pretences and exploiting his vulnerable nature. And I find him guilty of complicity by his refusal to do anything other than allow himself to be treated like a beaten and cowering lap dog

Amen.  For all of the 'myth-busting' he did, he perpetuated some of the biggies.
What time does the Bus leave?<br /><br />The opinons expressed by 834 are solely maintained by 834 and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of other members or management of this site.  They are not meant to offend or insult, they are just

Whoever

• Getting Better
« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2007, 09:29:52 PM »

A bit of a contradiction of himself you might say...

• A Beginning
« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2007, 02:05:27 AM »

Quote from: 779
A bit of a contradiction of himself you might say...

He contradicted himself all the time.  Sometimes in the same sentence.
What time does the Bus leave?<br /><br />The opinons expressed by 834 are solely maintained by 834 and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of other members or management of this site.  They are not meant to offend or insult, they are just

BlueMeanie

« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2007, 07:33:11 AM »

Quote from: 788

They were married in 1981.  Since divorced--all very quiet to perpetuate the myth, after all, she was prepared to divorce John in early 1980.

I can only find one reference to this, but it doesn't say they were married. I can't find anything about her being prepared to divorce John, though I do find the inclusion of a song like 'I'm Losing You' on Double Fantasy a bit odd if they weren't in trouble.

Whoever

• Getting Better
« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2007, 07:40:43 AM »

Define: love.

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2007, 11:34:50 AM »

He contradicted himself all the time.  Sometimes in the same sentence.
LOL! Yes, that's true. It's why I have to take John's pronouncements with a grain of salt. Like many public figures, he connived at his image. That's fine; he's entitled to say or do whatever he wants. But I have to work a little harder with John to figure out where he was really coming from, and the best way to do that is to compare what he said to what he actually did.

Not sure if we know for a fact Yoko was remarried after John. 834, is your reference Goldman's book? Generally very well researched, I thought. Many of his statements which were so shocking upon initial publication have stood the test of time. I do have to watch for his drifts into fantasy land, signalled by, "John thinks..." (whatever). Nice mind-reading job by Goldman. But if there's quite a bit there that I'm prepared to believe about Yoko, based on what she said and what she actually did. Compare Cynthia's report about Julian's treatment at the Dakota to Yoko's official statement released after John's death; I think that's one very good indication of her character. Cheers.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Whoever

• Getting Better
« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2007, 02:25:25 PM »

It's amazing the amount of peope who really know what they are talking about.

• A Beginning
« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2007, 09:13:18 PM »

Quote from: 551
Not sure if we know for a fact Yoko was remarried after John.

You can find it online as well.  She refuses to talk about Havadtoy in interviews and makes that a caveat before she will agree to an interview.  Nobody likes to think that she was capable of being with anyone besides John for some reason.  She is human after all (kind of), but the public has been brainwashed to think their 'love' was exclusive, which is a bunch of bull.

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2007, 11:41:20 PM »

Thanks, 834. Online where? What is the source? Cheers!
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

• A Beginning
« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2007, 12:49:55 AM »

If you Google Yoko Ono Sam Havadtoy, you'll come up with quite a few references/sites.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #92 on: August 11, 2007, 05:21:02 AM »

If you Google Yoko Ono Sam Havadtoy, you'll come up with quite a few references/sites.

Again, what's YOUR source? Still can't find any reference to her being married to him. It's known that she had the relationship, but give us some links where it says she was married?

• A Beginning
« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2007, 02:13:04 PM »

Quote from: 483

Again, what's YOUR source? Still can't find any reference to her being married to him. It's known that she had the relationship, but give us some links where it says she was married?

Yes, it's really tough.  Look online and ye shall find.  Handle it.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2007, 06:13:11 PM »

Yes, it's really tough.  Look online and ye shall find.  Handle it.

Well, why don't you just post your links?

• A Beginning
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2007, 02:36:11 AM »

If you want to see the state of their 'love', listen to the "Dakota Demos" bootleg.  If John was reporting as he was wont to do, it paints a very dirge-like picture.  He tries to be hopeful in some songs, but for the most part, it's pretty torch-like.  Also proves that he created, though he denied it, during the house-husband years.

Whoever

• Getting Better
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2007, 06:31:52 AM »

Yes 834, I'm sure everything was exactly like you say it was. No room for question.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2007, 10:57:08 AM »

I couldn't find anything. Please give a reference. I would like to know.
don't follow leaders

BlueMeanie

« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2007, 11:02:16 AM »

Quote from: 185

I couldn't find anything. Please give a reference. I would like to know.

I can find no reference, and he doesn't seem to want to name his sources.

The Fox Drummer

• A Beginning
  • I'm a drummer, not a wetnurse.
« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2007, 12:35:50 AM »

Didn't like any of the options, so I held off on the actual poll bit. ;)

My personal feelings...personally, I don't think Yoko and I would get along, but there's no argument that John really needed her personally, musically, artistically in general, etc. So I suppose I'm not a huge fan - her art is really not my favourite, and although I admittedly am listening to 'Kiss, Kiss, Kiss' right now and humming it absently under my breath, her music for the most part isn't fab either - I think it was essential that she and John got together, and I really admire what they did politically, some of which Yoko the avant-garde artist was quite an inspiration for.
<br />One thing I can tell you is you got to be free...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Page created in 0.231 seconds with 79 queries.