Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Need help! Please come in  (Read 1557 times)

Jessi

• One And One Is Two
  • Got to be good looking 'cuz I'm so hard to see.
    • Ramblings
Need help! Please come in
« on: April 16, 2005, 05:35:38 PM »

So I have been itching to get a new tattoo and wanted something Beatles inspired. After all, I love the Beatles and always will.  The problem is, I dont' want to get something insanely obvious, such as The Beatles logo or a yellow submarine or a portait of their faces or something like that.  I was looking for something discreet that Beatles fans would recognize, but normal people wouldn't.  There are a lot of things for other bands I could get (the Dark Side Of The Moon prism for example), but the Beatles don't have anything in that genre really.

Any idea?
The sun is up.  The sky is blue.  It's beautiful.  And so are you.

Mr. Kite

• A Beginning
  • What would the The Beatles be without Ringo?
Re: Need help! Please come in
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 06:51:29 PM »

I read that the character Charlie on the show Lost has a tatoo on his shoulder that says "Living Is Easy With Eyes Closed" from Strawberry Fields Forever.  I also heard that Dominic Monaghan (The actor that plays Charlie) really got this tatoo probablly sometime before Lost because he's a big Beatles fan.  So that got me to thinking that if I ever got a tatoo I may get a lyric like "Turn Off Your Mind Relax And Float Down Stream ...".  So I suggest if you can't think of a symbol then you could get a lyric that you really like and that way Beatles fans would get it but non-Beatles fans might not get the meaning.  If You want to get a symbol then get The Beatles drum logo or the John Lennon self portrait sketch from the movie Imagine.  If you could get all of the right colors for the Imagine Logo then it would look pretty cool.

Mr. Kite  
[size=14][size=14]-Mr. Kite![/size][size=14]<br />'ving been some days in preparation a splendid time is guaranteed for all![/size][/size]<br />

Jessi

• One And One Is Two
    • Ramblings
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2005, 08:03:50 PM »

Thanks, Mr. Kite, I did consider lyrics, but wanted to get the tattoo on my wrist, so it couldn't be very large (I would have to wear a bracelet over it at work, after all.)  I am considering the drawing from inside the Magical Mystery Tour booklet - the one of the wizards, as that's the only one inside the CD, because I think it's really cool looking and would look nice on my wrist.

Any idea where I could find scans of the MMT LP artwork? Even if I don't get something done from it, I'd love to check it out.
The sun is up.&nbsp; The sky is blue.&nbsp; It's beautiful.&nbsp; And so are you.

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • &quot;The dude abides.&quot;
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2005, 08:59:17 PM »

How about:

1) the drumhead from Sgt. Pepper cover

2) one of john's drawings

3) paul's hofner bass or lennon's rickbacker  (how about crossed guitars?)

4) the car from Abbey Road with 28 if license plate

5) an "I am the walrus" walrus

6) beatles from abbey road cover morphed with "keep on truckin'" guy

7) lennon's glasses

8) mr kite from lennon's circus poster

9) lucy in the sky with diamonds from Yellow Submarine

10) allen klein chomping on cigar

11) pete best with slogan: pete best forever/Ringo never

12) John and Yoko from Two Virgins Cover

Mr. Kite

• A Beginning
  • What would the The Beatles be without Ringo?
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2005, 10:55:55 PM »

Quote from: adamzero
How about:
8) mr kite from lennon's circus poster

Maybe that's what I should get or maybe even get the whole poster done on my back.
Man would that be painful!  I also liked the ideas of one of John's drawings or the Abbey Road cover.  The Sgt. Pepper drumhead or Lucy would be cool as long as you can put alot of color in the tatoo.  I also liked the one with the hofner and the rickenbacker crossed but I also think it would be neat to add George's guitar and Ringo's drums to that one as well.  Also what about the White Album cover or a phrase such as "The Fab 4".  What would be really cool would be if you could have the Revolver cover done but that's not gonna fit but if you had one part from that cover that you liked then that would fit.  You'll have to show us a picture of the tatoo when it's done because we'd love to see what you eventually choose.

Mr. Kite

What is The Beatles without Ringo?
[size=14][size=14]-Mr. Kite![/size][size=14]<br />'ving been some days in preparation a splendid time is guaranteed for all![/size][/size]<br />

Jessi

• One And One Is Two
    • Ramblings
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2005, 06:23:37 AM »

Thanks for the ideas, all very interesting :)

Anyway, sorry to ask again, but anyone know where I can find scans of Magical Mystery Tour book? I have searched high and low.
The sun is up.&nbsp; The sky is blue.&nbsp; It's beautiful.&nbsp; And so are you.

Jessi

• One And One Is Two
    • Ramblings
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2005, 06:50:53 AM »

Okay, I found the picture I've been agonizing over finding! Here's the picture I'm talking about that I will most likely get on my wrist :)

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2005, 01:52:00 PM »

cool !!!1!!!