Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Did God break up the Beatles?  (Read 3339 times)

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
Did God break up the Beatles?
« on: January 19, 2019, 09:46:46 PM »

I grew up Roman Catholic and we were taught that God had a plan for humanity.  We were also told this plan could take many years, if not centuries, to fulfill.  Also, we were not to question it because we were not to question God's infinite wisdom.  If we did, we were guilty of the sin of divine contempt.

So, I was thinking that if God truly has a plan then maybe the Beatles were only allowed to exist for less than a decade with no hope of a reunion and that there is "a perfectly good reason for this."

Now, if you're religious or have been, you may understand that this sort of reasoning would be acceptable from a religious perspective.  In an odd sort of way, it kind of makes sense; that is, if you're using "God-Logic" in your thinking process.

So, I implore you to answer my question:  "Did God break up the Beatles?"

Added Request:  If you think God broke up the Beatles, could you express your thoughts on why you think he did this?  Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 10:00:16 PM by Loco Mo »
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
Re: Did God break up the Beatles?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 10:56:13 PM »

I really like your hypotheticals Loco. I have to admit this one has me stumped.  ???

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 10:58:16 PM »

If one believes in preordination then, yes, God broke up The Beatles.

If not, it was Yoko.   ;D
I can stay till it's time to go

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 11:23:06 PM »

Are you referring to your own God Loco or Gods worshipped throughout the world, like Allah or Krishna ?

There have been many, even the ancient Greeks had 12.

Theres quite a lot of Gods.

https://www.thoughtco.com/mythology-gods-and-goddesses-120533
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 10:29:04 AM »

The break-up of the Beatles caused a lot of pain to a lot of people. Religion thrives on pain since it gives people a reason to live through acceptance. So God was probably pleased at the break-up because more people would then search solace in Him. In fact anything that causes pain can be thought of as being part of God's plan.

"You're born in pain. Pain is what we are in most of the time, and I think that the bigger the pain, the more God you look for." John Lennon.

stevie

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 11:26:26 AM »

I thought Rod broke them up actually ;D

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2019, 01:39:27 PM »

nimrod:

Are you referring to your own God Loco

Yes - יהוה   :angel:

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2019, 01:53:14 PM »

Hello:

If one believes in preordination then, yes, God broke up The Beatles.

Actually, I was taught that because we have free will (granted to us by God) that preordination cannot be true because it implies that we would not have free will.  Preordination also implies that the God many Christians worship does not permit free will yet asks them to choose between right and wrong throughout their lives.

I am beginning to believe that asking who broke up the Beatles is just as futile and pathetic as asking "Who killed Cock Robin?"  (It is somewhat interesting to note that it was a beetle who made the shroud for Cock Robin.)

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2019, 02:00:32 PM »

zipp:

In fact anything that causes pain can be thought of as being part of God's plan.

And John spake thusly:
God is a Concept by which
we measure our pain
I'll say it again
God is a Concept by which
we measure our pain

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2019, 02:07:45 PM »

Moog:

???

I, too, am stumped.  I will forever more search for the real reason as to why the Beatles broke up.  (Hopefully, I do not end up in Hades for eternity because then I will never get the real answer.  All I will experience is the devil's laughter ha2ha as he tells me that each of my conclusions are wrong.)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2019, 07:07:31 PM »

I was raised Roman Catholic, too. God gave men free will, and in my opinion, each Beatle exercised that option.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2019, 07:41:21 PM »

I was raised Roman Catholic, too. God gave men free will, and in my opinion, each Beatle exercised that option.

Except John. Yoko exercised it for him  ;)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2019, 08:35:04 PM »

Except John. Yoko exercised it for him  ;)

True!  ha2ha

Casbah

• A Beginning
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2019, 10:26:14 AM »

Even growing up in Catholic school, I always thought "God logic" was a copout.  According to the church, God created us with a free will, to do as we choose and it's those choices that shape our destiny. He's not sitting around manipulating us like some cosmic game of chess. So my answer is no, he/she/whoever did not break up the Beatles.  As far as I'm concerned, anyway!
"Someone told me a few minutes ago they saw John walking on the street once wearing a button saying "I Love Paul." And this girl said she asked him, "Why are you wearing a button that says ' I Love Paul'? He said "Because I love Paul."

Bingo Bongo

• Getting Better
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2019, 08:58:19 PM »

Is Yoko considered a God.  If so, then YES!  ha2ha
Beatles music gives me Eargasms

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2019, 07:44:33 PM »

I'm a Christian, and yes I believe it's possible. I don't think there are many coincidences in life. I think maybe God made it happen for a reason. Maybe something terrible could've happened if they had stayed together. Who knows.

The other day I got a flat tire when I unknowingly ran something over in the road. I pulled over into a housing development and just 5 minutes later a random guy came along and changed the tire for me. And yeah, the flat tire sucked, but who knows, maybe if it hadn't happened, I would've gotten in an accident further down the road. Maybe the flat tire was God protecting me or protecting someone else. You never know. So yeah, same concept applied to the Beatles maybe.
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

Bingo Bongo

• Getting Better
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2019, 10:26:13 PM »

I'm a Christian, and yes I believe it's possible. I don't think there are many coincidences in life. I think maybe God made it happen for a reason. Maybe something terrible could've happened if they had stayed together. Who knows.

The other day I got a flat tire when I unknowingly ran something over in the road. I pulled over into a housing development and just 5 minutes later a random guy came along and changed the tire for me. And yeah, the flat tire sucked, but who knows, maybe if it hadn't happened, I would've gotten in an accident further down the road. Maybe the flat tire was God protecting me or protecting someone else. You never know. So yeah, same concept applied to the Beatles maybe.

Did you burn American Beatles records in '64????
Beatles music gives me Eargasms

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2019, 11:10:44 PM »

Did you burn American Beatles records in '64????

I hope you were just trying to be funny, Bingo Bongo.  She's entitled to her opinion which should be respected.

Anyway she wasn't around when Beatles records were being burned.  And that was in 1966 and not 1964.
I can stay till it's time to go

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2019, 08:44:17 AM »

I'm a free methodist Christian and I agree that God gave everyone freewill to make their own decisions.  I do not think God would be real pleased with the idolization people have shown for the Beatles though.

Bobber

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2019, 06:57:39 AM »

A tricky thing for me to answer this question. Although I grew up RC, I stepped out of the church because I didn't want to be a part of this church any longer, with all the child abuse and its conservative ways of thinking. I guess I am an atheist, in the way that I do not believe in God as a 'hyper-human like entity, arranging everything that is happening around here'. I think that is too easy: 'It happened because God wanted it to happen'. I simply cannot accept that. So, my answer to the question 'did God break up the Beatles' is thereby given. In my humble opinion, God is not that man on a cloud, making things happen. If 'God' is anything, it's a concept by which we measure our pain. Or, in my own words, it is that feeling in all our hearts to love, understand, accept, care for/with each other and is often neglected.

Page created in 0.472 seconds with 83 queries.