Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: earlier stuff is more fun to play along too ?  (Read 894 times)

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
earlier stuff is more fun to play along too ?
« on: January 21, 2008, 06:27:20 AM »

Being a bigger fan of The Beatles from rubber soul onwards i just realized that when i'm playing there music on my guitar most of it is from there earlier work.

I was just wondering if anyone else has more fun playing there earlier stuff as to there later stuff ? i find that there later stuff isnt as upbeat and is less guitar driven, there are the exceptions like paperback writer, drive my car.

maybe its just me ?

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
Re: earlier stuff is more fun to play along too ?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 06:58:02 PM »

It's not just you. :)

I find myself routinely playing the early stuff; it's happy, peppy, and guitar oriented, as you say. I _loved_ the 70s (when I was learning guitar) because there were so many guitar-oriented songs. I could learn the plucking patterns by ear, and they sounded interesting when you're just sitting around with friends.

I tend to play more John songs than George songs because George is too hard for me! John does little embellishments which I can manage. Paul is usually just chords, unless I want to reinvent the whole arrangement, which I don't have the skill to do. Elanor Rigby: Em Em Em Em Em... (just a fiddle with a finger here or there in either direction... yawn!)
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Page created in 0.362 seconds with 38 queries.