Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: SSG: Help!-Results  (Read 2007 times)

BlueMeanie

SSG: Help!-Results
« on: September 02, 2007, 11:01:31 AM »

23 votes again this week, and quite a tight race.

A couple of weeks ago I made an addition to the rules (which of course you all read!). It states that: Should 2 or more songs be tied for 3rd place the song with the least votes in the 'Worst' category will go through.

This has happened this week, so I'm covering myself against any flac! Here's the results:

1. Ticket To Ride   28
2. Help!   24
3. You've Got To Hide Your Love Away   21

The remaining votes went to:

4. Yesterday   21
5. The Night Before   11
6. I've Just Seen A Face   9
7. Tell Me What You See   8
8. It's Only Love   7
9. You're Going To Lose That Girl   5
10. I Need You   2
=10. You Like Me Too Much   2

Worst: Dizzy Miss Lizzy with 8 votes. Yesterday received one vote as worst song, which relegated it to 4th place.

Useless fact: Once again, John sings lead on all three songs.
Useless fact the second: John also sings lead on all 5 worst songs so far!
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
Re: SSG: Help!-Results
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 01:36:02 PM »

Good race, good facts, good rules.

I expect this race would come out much different on another forum. Many high-ranking songs never made it to the film. I suspect the people here are a little tired of "Yesterday" and even "Help!" simply because we've heard them so many times.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Bobber

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 06:50:38 PM »

Quote from: 551

I expect this race would come out much different on another forum. Many high-ranking songs never made it to the film. I suspect the people here are a little tired of "Yesterday" and even "Help!" simply because we've heard them so many times.

I think the results will already be different if you play the same game next month. Favourite songs on an album differ almost from day to day to me.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 08:01:48 PM »

Quote from: 551

I thought I was going to get trashed over the Yesterday vote. Seeing as it was me that voted it worst song.

Dark Phoenyx

• Getting Better
  • Paul Mc Cartney is the true bass god!
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 08:36:31 PM »

Quote from: 63

I think the results will already be different if you play the same game next month. Favourite songs on an album differ almost from day to day to me.

The same happens to me although probably Ticket to ride would have appeared no matter what.  
<br /><br />The warlus was Paul...   8)

BlueMeanie

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 08:36:45 AM »

Quote from: 63

I think on most of the albums I'd stick with 2 out of the 3. But then I've lived with them for a long time.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 02:03:17 AM »

If I might be permitted a post-vote comment.  Yesterday really deserves special note.  This piece is timeless and hearing it for the first time when it was contemporary, I was quite moved.  I still am today.
I can stay till it's time to go

BlueMeanie

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 03:35:21 AM »

Quote from: 59
If I might be permitted a post-vote comment.  Yesterday really deserves special note.  This piece is timeless and hearing it for the first time when it was contemporary, I was quite moved.  I still am today.

Personally, I can't listen to it anymore. It is to The Beatles, what Stairway To Heaven is To Led Zeppelin.

At the moment it looks like it has a good chance of getting through to the next round as one of the highest voted losers.

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 05:26:42 AM »

Quote from: 483

Personally, I can't listen to it anymore. It is to The Beatles, what Stairway To Heaven is To Led Zeppelin.

At the moment it looks like it has a good chance of getting through to the next round as one of the highest voted losers.

same here, its a track i tend to skip when im listening to help, i only occasionally let it play on depending on a certain mood i might be in.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2007, 02:46:09 PM »

Quote from: 59
I still am today.

Me too. I just get so emotional listening to it & it's just such a beautiful song! :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 59 queries.