Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 1960's class presentation ideas?  (Read 1391 times)

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
1960's class presentation ideas?
« on: February 27, 2009, 02:27:15 AM »

For my 1960's class each of us have to do a presentation on the 60's and I was thinking about doing mine on Sgt Peppers? Any of you have any other cool ideas that I could do a presentation on? It has to be around 10 minutes so I was planning on making a video.

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
Re: 1960's class presentation ideas?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 02:31:22 AM »

I remember Martha Stewart did something about popular earlt '60s foods and alcoholic drinks on her show once. Maybe you could get inspired?

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 02:49:07 AM »

Hmm...Maybe incude some cool unknown facts about the album.  Maybe show images of the different covers different countries used (If I remember correctly, there are a few).  Myabe reference all the times someone has "copied" the cover.

Sorry, I am not very creative.  Good luck with your project and let us know and maybe even see how it goes  ;)
<br />

Pilzkopf

• A Beginning
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 03:43:06 AM »

I think your presentation should have some sense of direction. It's okay to use Pepper as the centrepiece, but it would be a good idea to show how influential it was beyond its own time. Look at all  the covers by different bands right up to the the present day, not forgetting the 2007 mini-festival the BBC did using different artists to cover all the songs on the album. Also, show how Pepper affected cultural norms, clothing, style, the whole hippie thing. In other words, don't just focus on the album itself, but make sure you show it to be representative of its time, pushing social consciousness in new directions. The title of the project is "The 60s", after all, not "Sgt Pepper", so don't forget that.  

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 10:10:08 AM »

Quote from: 1943
Also, show how Pepper affected cultural norms, clothing, style, the whole hippie thing. In other words, don't just focus on the album itself, but make sure you show it to be representative of its time, pushing social consciousness in new directions.

I love that idea!!

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 10:15:03 AM »

Quote from: 1943
I think your presentation should have some sense of direction. It's okay to use Pepper as the centrepiece, but it would be a good idea to show how influential it was beyond its own time. Look at all  the covers by different bands right up to the the present day, not forgetting the 2007 mini-festival the BBC did using different artists to cover all the songs on the album. Also, show how Pepper affected cultural norms, clothing, style, the whole hippie thing. In other words, don't just focus on the album itself, but make sure you show it to be representative of its time, pushing social consciousness in new directions. The title of the project is "The 60s", after all, not "Sgt Pepper", so don't forget that.  

Thanks so much for your great ideas!  :)

Pilzkopf

• A Beginning
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 03:22:32 PM »

I'll just add something else that deserves a place in your presentation. To show how immediate the impact of the album was, you could cite Jimi Hendrix. He was living in London at the time and must have got his copy from the first pressing on the day of release. I wouldn't be surprised if he was waiting outside the EMI factory and hi-jacked one of the vans carrying the first batch. Because he had a cover version of the title track ready for his next gig just 3 days later. I believe a couple of the Beatles were present, but they had no idea he'd covered their song. It must have set the world record as the fastest cover ever, which I doubt has been beaten since. It's one example to show that Pepper, or something like it, was what the 1960s had been waiting for. It was somehow necessary, like Citizen Kane had been in the 1930s.

Page created in 0.254 seconds with 55 queries.