Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Well(Baby Please Don't Go)  (Read 3499 times)

Wayne L.

Well(Baby Please Don't Go)
« on: August 16, 2006, 02:00:19 PM »

I think John should have released the live track Well(Baby Please Don't Go) as a single from Sometime In NYC.  I believe it would have been a top 10 song & the album would have possibly made the top five at the time.  WBPDG is a great song with the late, great Frank Zappa that I put with his performance in Toronto back in 69.  Thanks to You Tube I also got to see the classic performance which I thought didn't exist.  You had Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Grand Funk & Deep Purple conquering the rock scene & Well(Baby Please Don't Go) is just as ballsy & blistering.  STINYC wouldn't have been slightly ignored by fans like it was in those days, because of Lennon's radical left lyrics, even though the tracks are excellent, if this would have been the single.  

Re: Well(Baby Please Don't Go)
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 07:10:49 PM »

the version from 'live jam' with zappa on sometime in NYC is pretty awful, unrehearsed, badly recorded, an actual poor band performance, john and yoko were on Coke at the time, and yoko's howling makes it even worse..it would not have been a big hit at all, if anything it could have damaged john and franks musical careers.....however, you should check out the version on wonsaponatime & anthology (john's), which is alright.

Wayne L.

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 09:34:30 PM »

Quote from: lennonlegend
the version from 'live jam' with zappa on sometime in NYC is pretty awful, unrehearsed, badly recorded, an actual poor band performance, john and yoko were actually on Coke at the time, and yoko's howling makes it even worse..it would not have been a big hit at all, if anything it could have damaged john and franks musical careers.....however, you should check out the version on wonsaponatime & anthology (john's), which is alright.

I don't know what you have been smoking, but it must be stronger than weed.  Well(Baby Plase Don't Go) is a great ballsy live track with John & Zappa, I don't give a damn about Yoko's performance.  I will listen to those other Lennon albums, when I get the chance, but you're insane to hate that song.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 11:13:27 PM »

he never said hate wayne.....

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 12:15:23 AM »

I did. I hate it and it sucks. Lennonlegend was right. I dont find the NYC version appealing at all. How sloppy can a song be?

SallyG

• A Beginning
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 03:44:02 AM »

Quote from: tkitna
I did. I hate it and it sucks. Lennonlegend was right. I dont find the NYC version appealing at all. How sloppy can a song be?

Careful T. Only one opinion counts, and I guess you must be insane as well.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2006, 07:13:19 AM »

I hear ya Sally. I'm just waiting for the onslaught as I disagreed.

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 10:08:54 AM »

Quote from: pc31
he never said hate wayne.....

right on, and yeh its as sloppy as anything.

Wayne L.

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2006, 11:01:25 AM »

Quote from: tkitna
I hear ya Sally. I'm just waiting for the onslaught as I disagreed.

You're the one that gives the onslaught baby & I don't care if you disagree at all, but of course, you probably have never the track or the album anyway.  

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
  • Insanity is just a state of mind
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2006, 02:02:18 PM »

right wayne, thats why he says that he heard it and it sounded like crap. see, he comes off as a beatles lover and one that knows alot about them but in reality he makes this up and is a die-hard micheal bolton fan.
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

Wayne L.

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2006, 02:50:15 PM »

Being sarcastic as usual somedude210?  I've been harassed on this site, no matter what I say, but I'm a dedicated Beatles fan as well, even though that doesn't matter here.  I think Well(Baby Please Don't Go) is a great live track from STINYC & I'm just giving my opinion, but some saying it's pretty awful is crazy.  

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2006, 05:07:48 PM »

no, its another OPINION, just like yours ok? just because someone doesnt agree with you doesn't mean theyre crazy, and well with you being you, they're also proberly right....now thats not harrassment alright? just me stating a fact..get over you're sulk then and lets discuss it properly.

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
  • Insanity is just a state of mind
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2006, 09:26:41 PM »

well put. now if only he'd listen.

dear wayne,

my sarcasim is a way to respond to you with humor and wit. it is not in any way harrassing you nor was it intended to do so. if you are harrassed it is because you bring it on yourself. you make these threads or post something that someone is bound to disagree with. you are misinformed sometimes and when someone tries to state fact or show you the error of your ways, you flip out at them and call them crazy or a liberal wacko/nutjob. we are not harrassing you as you may think, we are simply stating opposing opinions and try to ask you why you treat us like crap for doing so. i personally ask in a sarcastic tone. others may vary.

be kind and rewind,
somedude
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2006, 10:21:41 PM »

I think I've endured the live album only once since I bought STINYC (that acronym is very close to STINK!!) - in my opinion it's barely listenable. But I actually like most of the studio tracks - even Yoko's!

The worst track in my opinion is Luck Of The Irish - the worst cliched lyrics I have EVER heard!

SallyG

• A Beginning
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2006, 02:23:39 AM »

STINYC (that acronym is very close to STINK!!)--That's awesome Al (and true). "Luck of the Irish", come on, grab your blarney stone and chill.

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2006, 11:40:19 AM »

Quote from: SallyG
"Luck of the Irish", come on, grab your blarney stone and chill.

LOL!! These lyrics in particular make me cringe...

If you could keep voices like flowers
There'd be shamrock all over the world
If you could drink dreams like Irish streams
Then the world would be high as the mountain of morn

AND...

If we could make chains with the morning dew
The world would be like Galway Bay
Let's walk over rainbows like leprechauns
The world would be one big Blarney stone

So basically Yoko's bits! Those were probably her lyrics - no wonder John didn't want to sing them!

SallyG

• A Beginning
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2006, 11:47:42 AM »

Yep. Doesn't get much worse than that. The great vocals don't help either. JL's 'Pick a cause, any cause' period didn't do much for him, and having Yoko bringing up the rear, really put an anchor around everything.

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2006, 11:50:45 AM »

Yeah, it's really difficult to walk over a rainbow like a leprechaun when you're carrying an anchor - you end up falling through it and stubbing your big toe on the Blarney stone!! ;D

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 72 queries.