Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Paul McCartney tapped for first ever Grammy perfor  (Read 913 times)

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM
Paul McCartney tapped for first ever Grammy perfor
« on: February 02, 2006, 08:05:50 PM »

Paul McCartney tapped for first ever Grammy performance

Thursday, February 02, 2006

It's hard to imagine that after more than four decades as one of music's most iconic artists, Paul McCartney has yet to play live at the Grammy Awards. With 13 Grammys to his credit, Sir Paul has certainly taken the stage as a winner, but he's never dripped performance sweat on it. But that's going to change on February 8, when the 48th annual awards go off inside Los Angeles' Staples Center.

The Recording Academy announced McCartney's addition to the ceremony's lineup Thursday (February 2). Previously announced performers include Mariah Carey, Coldplay, John Legend, Bruce Springsteen, U2 with Mary J. Blige, Faith Hill with Keith Urban, Christina Aguilera with Herbie Hancock, Jamie Foxx with Kanye West, a collaboration between Madonna and Grammy-nominated animated group Gorillaz (see "Madonna's Oddest Collab Yet: Singer To Perform At Grammys With Gorillaz") and an all-star tribute to Sly and the Family Stone with Legend, Maroon 5, Will.I.Am of the Black Eyed Peas, Joss Stone, Robert Randolph and Aerosmith's Steven Tyler and Joe Perry (see "Jamie Foxx And Kanye Go For The 'Gold,' U2 And Mary J. Team Up At Grammys").

Talk-show host Ellen DeGeneres

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM
Re: Paul McCartney tapped for first ever Grammy perfor
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 10:41:00 PM »

Macca @ 2006 Grammy Awards

Bono & Macca backstage @ 2006 Grammy Awards.

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 33 queries.