Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Ringo's variety show.    (Read 1835 times)

Wayne L.

Ringo's variety show.  
« on: June 26, 2007, 05:48:44 PM »

I think it would have been great if Ringo would have had his own variety show in the mid/late 70's when his solo career kind of stalled at the time.  If you have seen him on reruns of Laugh In you know he stole the show with his personality & sharp wit.  He would have had more of an edge, being the rock legend that he is,  more so than Donny & Marie in those days.  Average albums like Ringo The 4th & Bad Boy probably would have never been made if RS would have had his own variety show to keep his time.  
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

BlueMeanie

Re: Ringo's variety show.  
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 08:33:58 AM »

That wouldn't have been a bad idea Wayne. Think of all the people that would have given anything to be a guest on a show like that. It would have kept him in the public eye without damaging his reputation by releasing poor albums.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 08:41:41 AM »

Donny and Marie, Captain & Tennille, Sonny And Cher, The Carpenters, and Ringo.

I dont think so!

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 08:46:57 AM »

Before he died Marc Bolan was doing variety TV. That is now held up as an indication of how low his stock had sunk.
Surely in the 70's Ringo had every right to assume that he had a reasonably successful (good by mortal standards) recording and acting career ahead of him. You don't come back from variety. Where's Bobby Goldsboro now eh?
don't follow leaders

BlueMeanie

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 10:17:10 AM »

Well, I admit that having a variety show puts you right up there with Ken Dodd and Des O'Connor, but Ringo's career by the mid seventies was going backwards, so it could hardly have got any worse, and if it had kept him a bit in the limelight, then maybe it would also have kept him off the booze and pills.

Wayne L.

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 07:26:39 PM »

I never thought about Ringo doing lots of booze & pills at the time, which explains why his late 70's albums tanked so much BlueMeanie.  If he would have done a variety show in those days & became huge, I believe BB would have been much better as an album.

Page created in 0.24 seconds with 47 queries.