Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Paul NOT On American Idol  (Read 1268 times)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
Paul NOT On American Idol
« on: May 24, 2007, 05:00:03 PM »

I'm starting another thread nobody will respond to, but that's okay! So Paul was supposed to be on American Idol last night, but he didn't show up! Apparently the producers were going crazy! No one even knows why he didn't show yet. That is SO great. Thank God he didn't show up. That's the coolest move he's made in years. Heather was in the audience which is pretty funny. Maybe that's one reason. But that's why they did so many Beatles songs last night. They finally got permission after six years and I guess he was supposed to be there to sing but instead the rest of those idiots had to ruin the songs. They did six Beatles songs. I missed a couple of them. Green Day did Working Class Hero which I missed too. They sounded great from the small part I heard. At least they get it. The rest of them sounded as if they had never actually heard the original songs. Anyway, I'm very proud of Paul today. That's all I had to say.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Rook

• One And One Is Two
Re: Paul NOT On American Idol
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 05:33:59 PM »

Kinda funny, I was just thinking about this the other day...Little Steven was on the Howard Stern Show and Artie Lang, Stern's sidekick who is a huge Bruce Springsteen fan, was begging him to tell Bruce never to go on American Idol because...as he he put it "it's like a sh'tty John Davidson Special from the 70's". Little Steven felt his pain but said he definitely couldn't rule out an appearance to market an upcoming album to younger audiences.

I never watch the show but I agree with Artie and I was hoping McCartney would never go on it either. Needless to say I was happy to read this post today...kudos to Paul...although it would be interesting to see one of them sing Mumbo  ;D

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 11:59:05 PM »

That's funny. I love Artie.

Flaming Pie in the Sky

• A Thousand Pages
    • Gone Troppo
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 12:26:49 AM »

Thanks for posting. I was wondering why they did all those Beatles songs. I don't think they did a very good job though  :-/

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 01:57:47 AM »

God I hate Kelly Clarkson and her screamy, affected singing. She totally butchered Sgt. Pepper's. Carrie Underwood, though, was okay. The music she usually sings is crap but at least she has a nice pure voice.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 02:03:33 AM »

He announced months ago that he wasnt going to participate. Give me some time and i'll find the article.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 02:07:47 AM »

American Idol is like the Gong Show, but without the gong and the judges' credibility.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 02:20:04 AM »

Well, actually it was only a month ago and now i'm not sure if it was official but here it is.

PAUL McCARTNEY TURNED OFF BY SIMON COWELL'S DEMEANOR

By: Howie Edelson
Paul McCartney opted not to sign on as a guest mentor for this season's American Idol because he's not a fan of co-host Simon Cowell. The Cleveland Leader reported that without McCartney's involvement, a week's worth of Beatles tributes had to be scrapped for the hit Fox talent show.
American Idol executive producer Ken Warwick said that Cowell's berating of the talent just didn't sit well with McCartney, explaining that, "(Paul's) a nice guy. He doesn't like Simon saying, 'You're horrible. You're the worst I ever heard. You shouldn't be singing.'So the chances of Paul coming on the show were pretty slim."
Diana Ross, Peter Noone, and Lulu have been featured as the celebrity guest mentors who have appeared on this season's American Idol, as well as Tony Bennett and Jennifer Lopez. Barry Gibb will appear as a celebrity Idol mentor on May 8th and 9th. Check your local listings for stations and times.
McCartney's new single "Ever Present Past" will be released next Tuesday (April 30th). The track, which has already been released to radio, is a throwback stylistically to McCartney's mid-'80s work. The single has die-hard fans split down the middle, with some who are embracing the slightly trendy dance-oriented track, as opposed to others who are used to his more familiar, laid back efforts, such as his Grammy-nominated 2005 album Chaos And Creation In The Backyard.
McCartney's new collection, Memory Almost Full, will be released on June 5th.
April 24, 2007

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 05:35:08 PM »

Yeah, I've heard different things about this, but I have a feeling there's some truth to this. It usually works out that way. They're mainly saying he didn't agree to be a guest mentor, but this was something different. They finally got permission to use Beatles songs and supposedly he was supposed to perform because of this. So that's would have been a compromise. But who knows. Either way, I'm glad he didn't do it.

In other Paul news:  ;D
McCartney: 'Hey, I'm Stella's dad!'
NEW YORK (AP) -- Paul McCartney snagged Natalie Portman to star in his new music video -- thanks to his fashion designer-daughter, Stella.

Portman, 25, makes a cameo as a ghost in the video for "Dance Tonight," a track from McCartney's new studio album, "Memory Almost Full." The video had its world premiere Wednesday on YouTube.com.

"The connection with Natalie came from my daughter Stella, who makes non-leather shoes that Natalie buys, so I just thought, 'Well, I'll ring her up and just see if she'll do it.' So I rang her up and said, 'Hey, I'm Stella's dad!' " the 64-year-old former Beatle said in a statement posted on his Web site.

Portman, whose screen credits include "Closer" and "V for Vendetta," plays a "futurist electronic ghost" who is summoned by the sound of McCartney's mandolin.

Filmmaker Michel Gondry ("Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind") directed the video.

"Memory Almost Full," McCartney's 21st solo album, will be released June 5 in the United States. It's his first release for Hear Music, Starbuck Corp.'s new record label.

McCartney last released the acclaimed "Chaos and Creation in the Backyard," in 2005.

Lucky Natalie!!

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 58 queries.