Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Do you think there could be a Wings reunion?  (Read 4071 times)

Wayne L.

Do you think there could be a Wings reunion?
« on: November 17, 2006, 08:43:27 PM »

I think Paul could pull off a Wings easily if he really wanted to because former members Denny Laine, Lawrence Juber & Denny Seiwell will be at Beatlefest next year in Chicago I believe.  I would rather see the first incarnation of the band with Laine, Seiwell & Henry McCulloch onstage one more time since they were the best but LJ is a great guitarist as well.  
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Re: Do you think there could be a Wings reunion?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 08:55:08 PM »

no, i think he's passed all that now, i'm pretty sure if you interviwed him about it he'd say he hadn't even thought about it and most proberly not.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 11:07:13 PM »

No way. To many bad feelings in my opinion. As PC would say,,,too many musicians playing for scale.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 11:36:52 PM »

Honestly, I don't think there are that many people that would be interested in a Wings reunion. Just the hardcore fans. But to most people, Wings was never more than just Paul McCartney and a bunch of other guys. Most people don't care who's playing in Paul's band as long as they're not Beatles.

Wordno

• Getting Better
  • Fortune favors the bold
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 12:50:24 AM »

A real Wings reunion can't happen since Linda is no longer with us and I consider her a member of the band. I would have honestly liked to see the 76 line-up with Paul McCartney, Linda McCartney, Denny Laine, Jimmy McCulloch and Joe English. In my opinion they were the best line-up.

But I agree with BP, people are too stupid and close minded to want to hear anything but Penny Lane, Can't Buy me love etc. In my eyes I see what Paul was trying to do in the 70s and see Wings as a legite band. But all the people who go to see his shows want to hear the same damn songs. Because of that, Paul will probably never do a Wings reunion because people will say "Oh? Hes not going to play Good day sunshine?". I'm sorry...but the fans need to open their minds and try to appreciate his other stuff other than 'Drive my car'. A lot of people who have seen his last three tours are getting sick of the same songs. But I honestly couldn't ask for more than a Wings reunion, I don't care which line-up it is. Or at least play more Wings songs :P

Ahme

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 10:54:55 AM »

Two Wings members booked for Secaucus Fest For Beatles Fans
By Jay Lustig/The Star-Ledger
March 15, 2010, 12:39PM

There will be a mini-reunion of Paul McCartney’s post-Beatles group, Wings, at this year’s edition of the Fest For Beatles Fans, taking place at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, 2 Harmon Plaza, Secaucus, March 26-28. Founding Wings members Denny Laine (guitar, vocals) and Denny Seiwell (drums) will make appearances, as will Andrew Loog Oldham (the Beatles first London press agent, who later became the Rolling Stones’ manager and producer), British Invasion artists Billy J. Kramer and Spencer Davis, and many others.

Laine and Seiwell contributed to Wings’ first two albums, 1971’s “Wild Life” and 1973’s “Red Rose Speedway.” Laine was in later versions of the band as well.

lunchpunch

• A Beginning
  • Turn me on when I get lonely.
    • My livejournal!
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 12:37:13 AM »

Woudn't be the same without Linda, really.
Let me show you to my darkroom.

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 12:45:24 AM »

Woudn't be the same without Linda, really.

Yeah just as the same reason The Beatles never had a reunion after John died

Page created in 0.417 seconds with 53 queries.