Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Eric records George  (Read 1799 times)

Bobber

Eric records George
« on: June 23, 2005, 12:17:16 PM »

[face=Verdana]Eric Clapton has included a George Harrison-song on his new album Back Home. It's 'Love Comes To Everyone', that George originally recorded for his 'George Harrison' album from 1979. Haven't heard it yet, but I'm curious to hear what Eric has made of this and whether there is a personal note in some way. Anybody heard it already?[/face]

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
Re: Eric records George
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 01:26:12 PM »

It was released as a single in the UK in 1979. Can't remember it exactly, but it's a pleasant enough single . Very typical George song of this period
don't follow leaders

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 01:28:55 PM »

he did  mean the new (of Eric) not the old version.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 01:29:34 PM »

Quote from: Bobber
[face=Verdana]Eric Clapton has included a George Harrison-song on his new album Back Home. It's 'Love Comes To Everyone', that George originally recorded for his 'George Harrison' album from 1979. Haven't heard it yet, but I'm curious to hear what Eric has made of this and whether there is a personal note in some way. Anybody heard it already?[/face]

Sorry, I just realised you meant the Clapton version. Doh. Yes, I am an idiot.
don't follow leaders

Bobber

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 02:43:42 PM »

That's ok. We all are sometimes ;)

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2005, 09:34:48 AM »

A fan know like that something, that is not an apology.

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2005, 05:07:00 AM »

I have to say -this is a bit off topic- that probably the strangest solo Beatle song is George's version of 'Bye Bye Love' with Eric and Patti doing background vocals...Your best friend is planking your wife, then marries her and he has them singing on this song. Yinks.

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2005, 05:20:29 AM »

Juniorsfarm - they're not really on the track. George does all the instruments and vocal work!

But I agree that it is a strange track on a strange album. A pointless instrumental opens the album, leading to George facing up to drinking problems on Shady, mourning Patti twice on So Sad and Bye. Then he "gets down and funky" (sorry!) with Billy Preston et al on Maya Love.  George goes for the seasonal market with Ding Dong (a single that failed). A classic, Dark Horse, follows. Down the trough for the boring Far East Man, than the Krsna song featuring a wobble-board, of all things.

Universally panned, but I like the album.

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2005, 03:14:16 PM »

Mea culpa. Its been awhile since I looked at 'Texture' but off the top of my head, I could have sworn E & P were credited. I must be getting old and senile.

Page created in 0.227 seconds with 48 queries.