Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: McCartney 1970  (Read 1609 times)

McCartney 1970
« on: May 05, 2006, 06:45:32 PM »

I would like to take this opportunity to express my feelings on the record of McCartney from 1970:

Apart from Every Night, Junk, Man We Was Lonely and Maybe I'm Amazed it is a crock of sh*te.

Thankyou.

Wordno

• Getting Better
  • Fortune favors the bold
Re: McCartney 1970
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 09:58:42 PM »

Umm no.....

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 10:01:15 PM »

I like the McCartney album, as much today as when it was first released.  It was Paul expressing himself in the form of ballads and instrumentals.  I've always been impressed with his recording technique and production of this, his first solo album.  He spent a number of months doing this.  It remains a fine album, in my humble opinion.
I can stay till it's time to go

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 04:32:04 AM »

It has its moments and I actually like it alright, but I can see why people wouldnt care too much for it. The production is shaky at best on most of it.

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006, 12:02:07 PM »

Quote from: Wordno
Umm no.....

Is that your personal review of the record?

Quote from: tkitna
It has its moments and I actually like it alright, but I can see why people wouldnt care too much for it. The production is shaky at best on most of it.

Thats precisely why I don't like it, I like an album to sound good and clean (if you like). This load of old pony sounds like it was recorded on a farm thirty odd years ago. No offence to anybody who likes it (or loves it) I just expect a bit more of a listening pleasure with my albums.

Wordno

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2006, 03:27:21 PM »

Quote from: TheMasterOfGoingFaster

Is that your personal review of the record?

Well my personal view is that Paul did a great job putting together that album considering he didn't have time to put a band together and ended up playing all the instruments alone. Plus at the time both John and Paul were musically exsuasted, so considering that fact he had some really nice songs on the album. I personally like almost every song on that album(except Teddy boy...). You can't expect Paul to put out an album with the same quality as Abbey Road when hes doing everything with only Linda. I mean, yeah everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but calling it a "Crock of sh*te" is a bit harsh when Paul didn't have the tools or the time to put out a great album.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2006, 05:23:18 PM »

As Wordno said, Paul was a bit limited in his resources.  He used his own four-track equipment for recording.  Another nice thing about this album is that it really hallmarks Paul's abilities in instrumentation.  He really performed well on drums and his lead guitar work was excellent.
I can stay till it's time to go

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 01:29:08 AM »

I still think its a small miracle that 'Maybe I'm Amazed' sounds so large on this album. That song easily outshines all the others in content and sound production wise.

(,,,,I actually like Teddy Boy)

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 11:45:01 AM »

Quote from: tkitna
,,,,I actually like Teddy Boy

I really like this album especially Junk and the obvious one! But I'm not sold on this track (or Kreen Akrore!!) for me, the lyrics spoil it - they just seem so contrived. Judging by John's reaction to it during the Let It Be sessions maybe he wasn't too keen on it either. "One, two do-si do..."

Wordno

• Getting Better
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 03:38:39 PM »

I don't know why people aren't too fond of Kreen Akrore. I think its a nice track with good guitaring and great druming. In my opinion I think its great. Teddy boy on the other hand......:P

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 01:42:51 AM »

I think Kreen Akrore is awful, but there you have it,,,Al, Wordno, and myself,,,,put us in a room with this album and we might not be able to agree on any of it when it all said and done with.

Page created in 0.619 seconds with 56 queries.