Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Is this the End  (Read 13008 times)

Re: Is this the End
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2006, 10:54:46 PM »

They haven't divorced. f***ing hell, if they do that b**** gets half of his estate!

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2006, 12:23:11 AM »

I don't know the divorce laws re. community property in England, but 200 million pounds is the figure floating around.  About a fourth of his wealth.  I'm sure Paul will take care of her handsomely, especially given their daughter, but ouch!

Poor little Beatrice.  A father who will be almost 80 by the time she's fifteen and a mother who is a flake.  I hope her half-sibs will connect with her in a meaningful way.  

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2006, 01:32:02 AM »

This is all they were talking about on the radio this morning. All the guys were blaming Heather. They kept going on about how Paul wasn't the type to get divorced, how he rushed into this, that he was married to Linda for 30 something years and that when he was in concert he would always sing tributes to 'his wife Linda' and never even mention Heather. It's funny how all those years everyone ragged on Linda and now she's a saint. I definitely think she was his soul mate. He never seemed matched with this one. 200 million though. Not bad for four years of her time. Some guy on the radio said he'd have done it for a grand. Spent time with him that is. At least Paul's getting some love for a change. How refreshing.

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2006, 01:45:15 AM »

I'm not getting at either of them, I'm sure they love/loved each other dearly, if they didn't they wouldn't have married and certaintly wouldn't have had a child but she seems to have a few issues that only she can sort out for herself, IMO.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2006, 01:54:05 AM »

Lots of people have kids to save a marriage. Just sayin'.

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2006, 04:04:07 AM »

Just my opinion:  When two people are passionate about anything causes, distress, tragedy, etc., there is a connection which often times gets mistaken for love/ soulmates, etc. To Wit: When Christie Brinkley and that Real Estate magnate from Telluride got into that helicopter crash, they were instantly bonded by an absolutely unique circumstance, felt close because only they could understand what they went through, and decided it was love. She left Billy Joel, and her marriage to this guy lasted 8 months because the only thing they really had in common was this helicopter crash. Paul will never get over Linda. Ever. He found in Heather someone that shared the same passion for the rights of animals, the land-mine cause, etc., and in the mean time, probably had some laughs, made love, felt close and on and on. They didn't have much time for passion. They were always on planes, going here, going there, interviewing, etc. They never had time to get to know each other and sooner or later, that bond you started out with is going to wear thinner and thinner- there just aren't enough hours in the day. They had two choices-sit in a room or go out where the papparazzi is going to follow your every move. This marriage didn't stand a chance. It's just another example of how you can't do anything out of passion, because passion will f*** you up, but we mere mortals will never experience the esoteric and unique position they were/are in. I feel bad for both of them. They both, no doubt, care and love one another, I don't know if they were ever in love, but I'm sure they loved each other. She grew alot in the past 5 years or however long they've known each other, but they just had no hope. Whatever she ends up with, she will be fine, and so will Paul, he's not about to go broke. I don't think she's a loser or a a gold-digger, she just ended up with a guy. A famous guy. And she didn't even know his music. Paul will carry a torch for the rest of his life, and let's just hope he doesn't end up getting married 50 times trying to find Linda.

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2006, 06:33:22 AM »

All of this kinda puts a bummer on 'Driving Rain' and 'Chaos and Creation in the Backyard' don't it?

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2006, 07:56:17 PM »

Quote from: juniorsfarm
Just my opinion:  When two people are passionate about anything causes, distress, tragedy, etc., there is a connection which often times gets mistaken for love/ soulmates, etc. To Wit: When Christie Brinkley and that Real Estate magnate from Telluride got into that helicopter crash, they were instantly bonded by an absolutely unique circumstance, felt close because only they could understand what they went through, and decided it was love. She left Billy Joel, and her marriage to this guy lasted 8 months because the only thing they really had in common was this helicopter crash. Paul will never get over Linda. Ever. He found in Heather someone that shared the same passion for the rights of animals, the land-mine cause, etc., and in the mean time, probably had some laughs, made love, felt close and on and on. They didn't have much time for passion. They were always on planes, going here, going there, interviewing, etc. They never had time to get to know each other and sooner or later, that bond you started out with is going to wear thinner and thinner- there just aren't enough hours in the day. They had two choices-sit in a room or go out where the papparazzi is going to follow your every move. This marriage didn't stand a chance. It's just another example of how you can't do anything out of passion, because passion will f*** you up, but we mere mortals will never experience the esoteric and unique position they were/are in. I feel bad for both of them. They both, no doubt, care and love one another, I don't know if they were ever in love, but I'm sure they loved each other. She grew alot in the past 5 years or however long they've known each other, but they just had no hope. Whatever she ends up with, she will be fine, and so will Paul, he's not about to go broke. I don't think she's a loser or a a gold-digger, she just ended up with a guy. A famous guy. And she didn't even know his music. Paul will carry a torch for the rest of his life, and let's just hope he doesn't end up getting married 50 times trying to find Linda.

All of that makes a lot of sense, but I don't really know if I buy the whole she didn't know his music thing. I think I believe that about as much as I believe that Yoko didn't know who the Beatles were. But if she and the cave people don't know Beatles music then they don't and I apologize to them.

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
  • Insanity is just a state of mind
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2006, 08:04:52 PM »

"well Paul, you seem a little upset. Is she still on your mind?"
"yea, her 200 million that she took from me. i don't care what she does now, but that money was going to be used to bring Linda back."
"Linda? but shes been dead for a while Paul?"
"But her severed head is right next Ted Williams, so maybe I'll get a new wife that can knock it out of the park on a regular basis."

i know, that was terrible, but i know he'd probably chuckle a little at that.
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2006, 10:43:27 PM »

Quote from: somedude210

I don't know about the Ted Williams head but this is funny:

Donny: Are these the Nazis, Walter?
Walter Sobchak: No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of.

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2006, 12:18:06 AM »

Quote from: Maccalvr

All of that makes a lot of sense, but I don't really know if I buy the whole she didn't know his music thing. I think I believe that about as much as I believe that Yoko didn't know who the Beatles were. But if she and the cave people don't know Beatles music then they don't and I apologize to them.

I would have a tough time believing that as well, but I met a person a few months back that likes Country music and said she only knew one Beatles song. Hard to believe, but they are either well known or hardly at all, not icons or their songs being at least somewhat known. Unfortunate, but it's becoming black and white rather than gray.

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2006, 12:20:40 AM »

Quote from: somedude210
"well Paul, you seem a little upset. Is she still on your mind?"
"yea, her 200 million that she took from me. i don't care what she does now, but that money was going to be used to bring Linda back."
"Linda? but shes been dead for a while Paul?"
"But her severed head is right next Ted Williams, so maybe I'll get a new wife that can knock it out of the park on a regular basis."

What the f*** is wrong with you? Somebody get this twat out of here. Stupid c*nt.

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2006, 12:28:49 AM »

Now, now, thats a sh*te joke and a sick one and I doubt Macca would laugh at it. But there's no need to get all abusive. You stupid f***ing tosser.

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2006, 12:41:05 AM »

[But there's no need to get all abusive. You stupid f***ing tosser.[/quote]

Hold on a second. You say  there's no need to get all abusive and then call me a stupid f***ing tosser? Actually, that has a nice ring to it you 18 year old feltch-suck. I'll never understand why this site attracts so much teenage Eurosh*t. A tosser. Nice. Let me guess, you are going to say something brilliant like 'f*** off' like you did a few topics back to some other members. I think you, SomeDude, and Lennonlegend should get together, get bombed off of two lagers and consumate the love baby. You are all the same sort of poofed pimpled losers.

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2006, 01:15:10 AM »

Hold on a second. You say there's no need to get all abusive and then call me a stupid f***ing tosser? Actually, that has a nice ring to it you 18 year old feltch-suck. I'll never understand why this site attracts so much teenage Eurosh*t. A tosser. Nice. Let me guess, you are going to say something brilliant like 'f*** off' like you did a few topics back to some other members. I think you, SomeDude, and Lennonlegend should get together, get bombed off of two lagers and consumate the love baby. You are all the same sort of poofed pimpled losers.

Now, in my very best dead-pan... You don't understand irony. ;-)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2006, 01:37:11 AM »

I would have a tough time believing that as well, but I met a person a few months back that likes Country music and said she only knew one Beatles song. Hard to believe, but they are either well known or hardly at all, not icons or their songs being at least somewhat known. Unfortunate, but it's becoming black and white rather than gray.

I guess it's possible, but I also think that a lot of people may know Beatles songs without realizing it's the Beatles. It's like when I first play a Beatles CD to my students. A lot of them go, that's the Beatles? I know that song! They are so ingrained in our culture I just find it so hard to believe a person can not know of them or only be aware of one song. But then I'm so aware of them that I hear the even tiniest of references so it feels like they are everywhere. I guess it's more possible these days not to know them, but back when Yoko claimed ignorant? Nah!

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2006, 01:39:15 AM »

Quote from: TheMasterOfGoingFaster

Now, in my very best dead-pan... You don't understand irony.

Maybe you should have used a winking smile face or something.

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2006, 01:45:05 AM »

Yoko knew of The Beatles just not the music. What on Earth would she gain from lying about that?

Anyways, deep in this darkest of nights I send out a prayer to Paul, I really do hope he's ok because I love him dearly. I'm sure we all care for him dearly and I'm sure he knows that. Bounce back Macca!

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2006, 01:46:30 AM »

Quote from: Maccalvr

Maybe you should have used a winking smile face or something.

Good idea, I'll add it. Rectified!  ;D

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2006, 01:54:03 AM »

Quote from: TheMasterOfGoingFaster
Yoko knew of The Beatles just not the music. What on Earth would she gain from lying about that?

Because then she wouldn't appear as just some groupie or starstruck fan. It's not like women never use a ploy to get a man. And even Paul questions her on this. She knew them and she knew their music. Which is why she wanted to use some lyrics for something or other and went to Paul first and so on. You know the story.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 72 queries.