Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 107

Author Topic: Last movies you saw & what you thought of them  (Read 200815 times)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
Re: Last movies you saw & what you thought of them
« Reply #560 on: August 09, 2009, 09:55:14 PM »

"Not that I condone fascism, or any -ism for that matter. -Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me." Good point there. After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #561 on: August 09, 2009, 10:12:35 PM »

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop to look around once in a while, you could miss it."

I think I know that movie by heart.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #562 on: September 24, 2009, 08:23:04 AM »

Went to see Taking Woodstock yesterday and I loved it. Very funny movie, especially Elliot's parents and the theater group that rents their barn are hilarious. The movie has a great athmosphere and some really cool images, particularly when Elliot looks over the festival ground from the top of a hill while he's tripping on LSD. Remarkable thing is that you never get to see anything of the actual concerts, you only see the stage from a very far distance. Probably a good thing, cause archive footage of the actual concerts would have been just as much out of place as actors playing musicians that performed.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 09:39:20 AM by Joost »

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #563 on: September 24, 2009, 09:25:08 AM »

Saw 'Swing Vote' the other day. Kevin Costner flick about him being a drunk, single father who has the last remaining vote for the presidency as its tied up.

Boring movie but a killer soundtrack.

LSD

• Getting Better
  • My lovely George
« Reply #564 on: September 26, 2009, 07:59:49 PM »

Went to see Taking Woodstock yesterday and I loved it. Very funny movie, especially Elliot's parents and the theater group that rents their barn are hilarious. The movie has a great athmosphere and some really cool images, particularly when Elliot looks over the festival ground from the top of a hill while he's tripping on LSD. Remarkable thing is that you never get to see anything of the actual concerts, you only see the stage from a very far distance. Probably a good thing, cause archive footage of the actual concerts would have been just as much out of place as actors playing musicians that performed.

Ive been wanting to see that since ive seen the previews! I've loved Emile Hirsch since i saw "Dangerous lives of alterboys" and he was AMAZING in "Into the wild". I have to wait until its out on DVD tho. The cinemas here are just crap.

The last movie watched was Fightclub. Ive seen it a billion times but I love it jus as much as i did the first time I saw it. I jus think Helena was awesome as Marla Singer. Its jus a brillant piece by Chuck Palahniuk.
I Me Mine.

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #565 on: October 06, 2009, 12:26:27 AM »

Toy Story in 3D at the cinema was amazing

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #566 on: October 06, 2009, 12:35:08 AM »

I saw Xmen Origins: Wolverine and it was soooo cool!!! But, besides music, I am a comic book/sci-fi fan, so I might have been biased  :P

breedofrandy

• A Thousand Pages
  • Ringo Love <3
    • Me Tumblr Blog
« Reply #567 on: October 06, 2009, 04:00:24 AM »

Toy Story in 3D at the cinema was amazing

I'll bet it was! I so wanted to go and see them!   :(

"Ringo will always be my friend"--George Harrison (Rolling Stone Magazine 1987)

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #568 on: November 03, 2009, 12:28:11 PM »

Michael jackson's This Is It (on Imax). I'm not a fan but it was quite enjoyable. My girlfriend, who is a fan, was blown away. The boy could still move for a 50 year old. I struggle to get in and out of the bath these days. Recommend it.
don't follow leaders

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #569 on: November 03, 2009, 12:37:45 PM »

Watched both parts of 'Che' last week. I liked it. It paints a realistic portrait of Guevara during the guerilla wars in Cuba and Bolivia without taking a political stance. I think it says enough that it got screened in the USA as well as in Cuba. If you get these two movies and 'The Motorcycle Diaries', you can follow Che on the three most important journeys in his life. And no matter what you think of Che, he certainly was an interesting person who had an interesting life.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #570 on: November 04, 2009, 12:43:45 AM »

Watched part of the Exorcist in class and it scared the crap outta me!

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #571 on: November 04, 2009, 12:45:39 AM »

I last watched Help the Beatles movie. It's quite good.

;)

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #572 on: November 04, 2009, 09:45:45 PM »

Michael jackson's This Is It (on Imax). I'm not a fan but it was quite enjoyable. My girlfriend, who is a fan, was blown away.

I`ve seen the film today. I liked it very much. I expected something different but really appreciated the way it is made. Michael was such a nice person, very considerate, reserved, so talented, a TRUE MASTER! And he was so full of energy and desire to perform, felt his music to the very fraction of a tune. Fantastic!

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #573 on: November 05, 2009, 08:45:05 AM »

Jaws The Revenge it was okish

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #574 on: November 06, 2009, 12:21:43 AM »

I last watched Help the Beatles movie. It's quite good.

;)

just quite good? :P

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #575 on: November 06, 2009, 12:29:39 AM »

just quite good? :P

Haha, It was amazing!! I have watched that movie too many times to count  :P

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #576 on: December 14, 2009, 10:19:12 AM »

Drag Me To Hell
Fairly generic horror story, but really well executed. The old lady was really creepy and the ending was pretty heavy. I totally saw it coming, but it still made quite an impact. One of the better horror movies of the last few years.

The Unborn
Dumb horror movie that somehow combines demonic possessions, ancient Jewish legends, Auswitsch-experiments and dogs with twisting heads. Full of hysterical screaming in the dark and cheap scares that 90% of the time turn out to be false alarms.

JCVD
Very cool, original and funny movie with a lot of unashamed self-mockery. Belgian actor Jean-Claude Van Damme (a.k.a. "The Muscles From Brussels") plays himself (!) as a washed-up, broke actor who loses all his roles to Steven Seagal. When he goes to a post office in his hometown he's taken hostage, but due to a misunderstanding, the police and media believe that Van Damme is the hostage taker. I never knew Van Damme could really act, but the emotional 6 minute monologue he does in the middle of the movie is quite impressive.

She's All That
Saw this on TV yesterday. They gave Rachel Leigh Cook glasses and hippy clothing and tried to pass her off as ugly? What the hell? And of course the weird, alternative girl becomes "normal" as soon as she finds out that she can be popular if she just tries hard enough. That's such a wrong message to send out. Whatever happened to just being youself and not giving in to peer pressure? I gave this movie a chance because I thought Cook looked really cute as a "nerd", but I stopped watching halfway through because I just couldn't stand the shallowness and predictability.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #577 on: December 14, 2009, 04:04:26 PM »

I last watched Drop Dead Gorgeous, which is a very, very dark comedy about a teen beauty pageant filmed in mockumentary style. I was expecting it to be cute, but in fact, it was hilarious! I don't know why this film doesn't get more attention because it is very sharp and witty with some great performances from Kirstie Alley and Kirsten Dunst (who I'm normally not all that impressed by). being from a small town I thought they got the whole atmosphere really well.

sgt. peppie

• Getting Better
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #578 on: December 14, 2009, 10:02:40 PM »

I watched 'the princess and the frog'
I mainly went just to see that kind of animation again, y'know? Not like the realistic animation like they're doing these days, which is called CG.
The background in each scene was beautiful, all painted, especially the forest scenes.
I wish they did more normal animation.
Oh, as for the movie itself, it was alright. ha2ha

George does not approve.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #579 on: December 29, 2009, 09:04:54 PM »

I have just seen AVATAR! It is fantastic! Very good movie, original and unusual with very good ideas. I loved the planet, its beauty and its peace and the connection between all the creatures living on it.
But mind the movie is very long.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 107

Page created in 1.227 seconds with 88 queries.