Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Peter Jackson to direct a Beatles film  (Read 14315 times)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Peter Jackson to direct a Beatles film
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2021, 12:49:53 AM »

As for the break up it was definitely Yoko sitting on George’s amp.

...and eating his digestive biscuits...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8CwKY3slXA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8CwKY3slXA</a>

;D
I can stay till it's time to go

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2021, 01:32:21 AM »

Yes, very true.
Ive seen about 1.5 of the series now and Im sympathizing with Paul a lot. What a talent he has.

Yeah he’s pretty impressive.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2021, 02:03:38 AM »

Ive seen about 1.5 of the series now and Im sympathizing with Paul a lot. What a talent he has.

Agreed; I have a much greater appreciation of him now.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2021, 03:40:35 AM »

...and eating his digestive biscuits...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8CwKY3slXA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8CwKY3slXA</a>

;D

I might be imagining things but Im sure I saw Yoko chomp into some chocolate biscuit thing in one episode. Will have to rewatch!

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #104 on: November 29, 2021, 10:57:10 PM »

I just finished the series. What a treat! I was sorry to see it end. I'm definitely going to go back and watch the rooftop concert footage more times. I thought Paul looked absolutely jubilant. I just loved it.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 11:11:23 PM by Normandie »

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2021, 01:37:55 AM »

I just finished the series. What a treat! I was sorry to see it end. I'm definitely going to go back and watch the rooftop concert footage more times. I thought Paul looked absolutely jubilant. I just loved it.

It was great wasnt it. Hard not to feel good for them when you see how up they were after the rooftop.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2021, 01:42:12 AM »

I was struck by how calm George was during this exhange as well as when he walked out. When I've read about these events in books, I pictured, in the first instance, George snapping angrily at Paul and, in the second instance, him (George) storming out, and this may well have been the case, given George's personality, but to me the incidents seemed much less full of drama than I anticipated.

I heard an interview with Peter Jackson. He suggests that George’s quitting wasn’t just to do with tensions in the band. He was having difficulties at home and that might have been a big contributing factor to him walking away.  Ken Womack has a similar view. So perhaps didn’t need a drama filled blow up. Just the niggles from not liking the band situation plus personal issues was enough to make him throw in the towel.

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2021, 02:29:09 AM »

hi everyone...my name is blue...um...blue meanie...I have a problem...i...um...have watched a good bit of the 3 parts of Get Back a couple of times already...I have been told...um...that ... I ... um...I'm here...um ...I need help...

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2021, 02:59:04 AM »

...I need help...

Help! is on the way...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TPE-VRXaQw&amp;t=76s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TPE-VRXaQw&amp;t=76s</a>
I can stay till it's time to go

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2021, 03:22:48 AM »

hi everyone...my name is blue...um...blue meanie...I have a problem...i...um...have watched a good bit of the 3 parts of Get Back a couple of times already...I have been told...um...that ... I ... um...I'm here...um ...I need help...

??? Would you mind clarifying why my post prompted yours?

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2021, 11:47:30 AM »

that you were going back to the rooftop to watch again, that was my first "get back" into the footage too. 

The sheer joy they had playing on the roof is hard to ignore.  John and Paul for sure were loving it.  George was having fun watching them too.  When John did the gibberish line in Don't Let Me Down, George had a great laugh at that.

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2021, 02:50:00 PM »

Finally finished watching The Beatles Get Back Documentary. Really enjoyed it particularly enjoyed them jamming to their early stuff ie Help!, Strawberry Fields, Love Me Do etc would have been great if they included them on The Rooftop Gig. I’m glad they included subtitles in scenes so we know what they were actually saying . Overall a great documentary!!.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2021, 04:39:32 PM »

that you were going back to the rooftop to watch again, that was my first "get back" into the footage too.

Oh, OK; thanks for clarifying!

I’m glad they included subtitles in scenes so we know what they were actually saying .

I was grateful for that, too; I would have hated to miss anything that was said, and without those subtitles I'm sure I would have.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2021, 08:16:02 PM »

Finally finished watching The Beatles Get Back Documentary. Really enjoyed it particularly enjoyed them jamming to their early stuff ie Help!, Strawberry Fields, Love Me Do etc would have been great if they included them on The Rooftop Gig.

I wonder did anyone think at some stage, why try to write and learn 14 songs in what was originally a bit over two weeks, and maybe do half a dozen interspersed with rock and roll covers they could do pretty quickly. At one stage George suggests doing at least one old Beatle tune, he proposes Every Little Thing, but that seems as far as it went. The idea of doing that many brand new tunes in the original time frame is a bit frightening.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2021, 11:02:43 PM »

I wonder did anyone think at some stage, why try to write and learn 14 songs in what was originally a bit over two weeks, and maybe do half a dozen interspersed with rock and roll covers they could do pretty quickly. At one stage George suggests doing at least one old Beatle tune, he proposes Every Little Thing, but that seems as far as it went. The idea of doing that many brand new tunes in the original time frame is a bit frightening.

I wish they'd done Baby's In Black or You Cant Do That..... They could've done that !!
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2021, 11:53:59 PM »

I wish they'd done Baby's In Black or You Cant Do That..... They could've done that !!

Having Billy Preston on You Can’t do That would have been very cool.

Bingo Bongo

• Getting Better
« Reply #116 on: December 06, 2021, 07:07:21 PM »

Anyone else watch the Rooftop performance more than once?  ;yes
Beatles music gives me Eargasms

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #117 on: December 06, 2021, 07:29:21 PM »

Anyone else watch the Rooftop performance more than once?  ;yes

Not yet, but I am definitely going to!

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #118 on: December 07, 2021, 12:14:36 AM »

The film quality is interesting. At times brilliantly clear but at others quite fuzzy, like parts of the film were beyond doing much with. The repair work done on the original film is apparent occasionally. Sometimes their faces look smoothed out,  as if computer animation had been used. People more savvy with digital restoring of film will no doubt be able to point out what’s been done.

Sound quality is great. They’ve cleaned up the sound very well from the Twickenham parts.

I just came across this article and it reminded me of this post. I'm completely unfamiliar with audio and video restoration, or any sort of related technology, so I found this quite interesting: https://www.zdnet.com/article/the-beatles-get-back-shows-that-deepfake-tech-isnt-always-evil/
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 12:39:18 AM by Normandie »

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #119 on: December 07, 2021, 01:09:34 AM »

I just came across this article and it reminded me of this post. I'm completely unfamiliar with audio and video restoration, or any sort of related technology, so I found this quite interesting: https://www.zdnet.com/article/the-beatles-get-back-shows-that-deepfake-tech-isnt-always-evil/

Yes I heard Peter Jackson talking about the audio restoration. Apparently the flower pot scene required a lot of work to make it audible above the background noise. They even went to the police in NZ who had a system for doing this which was used to make audio of drug deals and things audible. But they eventually developed their own system which they dubbed MAL. Stands for machine assisted learning but also a conscious tribute to Mal Evans. Which I think is great.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Page created in 1.161 seconds with 81 queries.