Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 527

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 650486 times)

Bobber

Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #8080 on: July 11, 2012, 01:45:34 PM »

My dog Björn whom I've had since I was 5 years old is really sick, and we might have to put him down. How do you cope with something like this? It's somewhat comforting to know that it's for his best and he wouldn't be in any pain, but it still hurts...

It's always hard to lose a friend, whether it's a human being or an animal. Try to think of fond memories and let time do its healing work. Good luck.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8081 on: July 11, 2012, 08:35:10 PM »

My dog Björn whom I've had since I was 5 years old is really sick, and we might have to put him down. How do you cope with something like this? It's somewhat comforting to know that it's for his best and he wouldn't be in any pain, but it still hurts...

I'm so sorry, AppleScruffy. My husband and I had to have our dog put down back in 1998. It's so sad. It hurts a LOT.  :'(

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8082 on: July 11, 2012, 11:01:34 PM »

Very sorry Apple Scruffy,
I've had to put down two of my best freinds (not counting a few cats) Lucky Bucks and Sara D. Dogg and it's never easy. A freind gave me some words that made my grief much easier to deal with and truly appreciate my time with my pets and the love they gave me.
He told me, "Your dog will give you everything it can for it's whole life no matter what and it justs asks one thing from you, one time on one day. Thats to go with dignity and love".

Chin Up,
Dave C.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #8083 on: July 11, 2012, 11:17:24 PM »

I'm sorry to hear this, Maxine.  A pet owner assumes a great responsibility for a domesticated animal that cannot survive on its own.  Part of that responsibility is to ensure that the pet does not suffer when no other medical or surgical treatment can be offered by the veterinarian.

On a less clinical note, yes, I know it hurts.  It's like losing a family member.  In time, fond memories will replace the sadness of loss.
I can stay till it's time to go

nimrod

« Reply #8084 on: July 12, 2012, 12:57:40 AM »

you get so attached to pet dogs and it really hurts when they die or get very sick, but put him out of his misery and have a good cry, as the others have said, time will heal and you'll always remember him with love and fondness.

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #8085 on: July 19, 2012, 08:08:06 PM »

11 people online and nobody's got a thing to say. Including me.

:P

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8086 on: July 19, 2012, 08:10:37 PM »

11 people online and nobody's got a thing to say. Including me.

:P

That's because they're all at their windows and not at their computers.

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #8087 on: July 19, 2012, 08:37:14 PM »

Makes sense. Just don't jump!

:)

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8088 on: July 20, 2012, 12:41:36 AM »

This is so.

A Hard Days Night ~ The BeAtles on Sitar

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8089 on: July 20, 2012, 03:11:38 AM »

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #8090 on: July 20, 2012, 09:17:42 AM »

Kaili!

8)

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #8091 on: July 26, 2012, 10:59:19 PM »

I never understand why people with no people skills end up being managers.... Grrrr!

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

AppleScruffy96

• Getting Better
  • Love is old Love is new Love is all Love is you <3
« Reply #8092 on: July 27, 2012, 01:50:42 AM »

Well, by some miracle my dog is actually on the mends! He's still sick, but it's amazing how he could get healthy as he was in very bad shape. Thank you all for the concern, it means a lot to know that you have some support if something like this happens.  :)
Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.

Toejam

• A Beginning
« Reply #8093 on: July 28, 2012, 07:56:02 AM »

I've realised I don't love my laptop. I thought I did but I don't. I didn't buy it by looking around and choosing it in the way I would a car. I've never owned a car and have zilch intrest in owning one, even if I had money, but I often see a make/model and love the look of it and I think that fairly often but if I go, as i do every now and again, and have a look around Curry's I never think the same way about any, even the ones I think about buying, of the laptops. So I actually admire cars that I have zilch intrest in more than laptops which I'm profoundly interested in and that says a heck of a lot about the abysmal design asthetics of Windows laptops. I think I might buy a Mac. I've got a £1,000 in savings and can get one 2nd hand from CEX.  I won't though 'cause I don't even like them. They're the complete opposite of Windows laptops. They are too stylish for me. Sort of overly designed. A/w this laptop's just about had it and i'm going to buy a new one next week I think. They only worry I have is some of the newer laptops have this function on the mousepad that makes the screen zoom as your moving the cursor. My dad's laptop's got one and I can't use it without the screen keeping on zooming in. So If I get a new laptop and the mouse pad is like that I'll be livid. Also because they don't have MS Office on them I can't test it in the shop.
IMAGINE ALL THE PEEPLE

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #8094 on: July 31, 2012, 08:00:44 AM »

Well, by some miracle my dog is actually on the mends! He's still sick, but it's amazing how he could get healthy as he was in very bad shape. Thank you all for the concern, it means a lot to know that you have some support if something like this happens.  :)
Great news Scruffy!!!!! Yea, we are a great bunch at DMs!!!!!! Woot Woot!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8095 on: August 17, 2012, 08:12:48 PM »

Our town holds an annual fireworks display for the end of summer. Atlas Fireworks puts this on for free every August before the kids go back to school . It brings in 10's of thousands of people and is the big highlight for our town and the region.
Well, Some knucklehead called in a bomb threat today and the show has been cancelled. The FBI has been called and as of today there is no rescheduling. I hope they catch him!
WOW, every one is p*ssed!!!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8096 on: August 18, 2012, 04:28:59 PM »

I never understand why people with no people skills end up being managers.... Grrrr!
It's because they're easily controled by their managers and only have the job by their managers grace. I find also that if companies promoted the truly talented people that work for them they would lose expertise on the floor.
It's very miopic "dumb down" mentality for if they promoted talent, paid them well they would gladly share their expertise and "smarten up" anyone who will get on board. Only problem is the managers would lose their jobs.
Mark Twain

Yeshelloitsmehereagain

• Getting Better
« Reply #8097 on: August 19, 2012, 06:35:11 PM »

Court on Monday...

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #8098 on: August 20, 2012, 10:36:43 AM »

Yeshelloitsmehereagain

• Getting Better
« Reply #8099 on: August 20, 2012, 06:10:55 PM »

Erm...

2 counts of exposure.

I'm guilty and a naughty boy.

I didn't jump out at anyone or chase anyone or touch anyone, I'm not dangerous just a lonely frustrated boy who became a bit daft after a bit of intoxication.

I'm very sorry and I hope I haven't devastated anyone or destroyed anyones lives.

So it'll be up to 300 hours of community service, a 2 week sex offenders programme and I'll have to sign on the sex offenders register for some time. I'm a sex offender who's never had sex.

It's a strange world.

But I'm in the wrong so I'll face the concequences of my actions.

It's been in all the local newspapers so everyone who's everyone knows about it. I guess it just adds to the mythos and many differing and conflicting opinions that ex-friends have of me.

Oh well.
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 527

Page created in 0.592 seconds with 81 queries.