Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 527

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 650412 times)

Bobber

Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #10080 on: August 22, 2019, 09:51:53 AM »

If it really has to be European, maybe the UK is an option. For sale in few months time!

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
« Reply #10081 on: October 05, 2019, 10:58:55 AM »

I'm wondering if I should go and see the Joker.  A local TV critic just panned it on this morning's news program.  He said he didn't like it because the Joker got revenge against people who bullied him.  The critic said he was sickened by this.  So, I really don't know if I should see it or not.
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

Bobber

« Reply #10082 on: October 10, 2019, 07:56:37 AM »

Where was America when the Dutch were fighting the Spanish in the 16th century?

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #10083 on: October 10, 2019, 10:20:30 PM »

Where was America when the Dutch were fighting the Spanish in the 16th century?

I can stay till it's time to go

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10084 on: October 26, 2019, 02:14:08 PM »

I recently spent 7 days in the hospital, and I was waiting on delivery of two vacuum cleaners (upright and canister) from Amazon. I had my friends and daughter checking, and they snagged the upright one out of our foyer, but someone stole the canister vacuum. Luckily Amazon rushed one out the next day for no charge. I don't understand why people steal things. It's so obnoxious. I don't think I could sleep at night if I were using something I'd stolen, or even if I'd stolen the it and then sold it.

Sorry, just had to vent. Even though this isn't really logical, the fact that I was in the hospital seems to compound the insult.

KelMar

« Reply #10085 on: October 26, 2019, 08:14:47 PM »

^^^
That is just so ignorant. I worry about that happening here. In fact, I want to get a couple of cameras like Kyle has at his place down the street. A few a months ago it recorded a guy knocking on his side door, then looking all around the restored '69 Chevy pickup that's parked under the carport in front of his garage. Then, about a month ago, he turned up again and looked in the garage windows, then kicked at two gas cans. It turns out that he sometimes goes around the neighborhood begging for gas. The neighbor between Kyle and here gave him some once and saw him put it in his tank. To his credit, there was gas in one of Kyle's cans but he left it. These things happened in the morning so I keep my eyes peeled for him when I walk Molly. Thursday it finally happened. I ran into him at the end of my driveway, almost literally because the sun was in my eyes, hoofing towards Kyle's with a gas can in his hand. He must have said something I couldn't hear because he then said, "I was just thinking out loud...yeah right out loud." He quickly turned around and walked in the other direction so I went that way too. He just kind of disappeared way down the street where the sidewalk runs out. From his reaction I'm quite sure he recognized me. Unfortunately, Kyle found out that he lives in an apartment in a house that may give him a very good view of me when I take Molly out back. I don't know if he's particularly dangerous but he did get into an altercation with a lady Kyle knows, over an odd job she hired him to do. I just don't care for the feeling that someone might be watching me.   :-\

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10086 on: October 27, 2019, 12:11:54 AM »

^^^^^

That sounds creepy, Kelley. Be careful. I hope he keeps to himself from now on.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #10087 on: November 05, 2019, 01:44:30 AM »

Hello, everybody.   I haven't posted anything in a few weeks.  I haven't forgotten the forum.  I just haven't felt like saying anything lately.  I've been struggling with depression (as usual).  I'm working on it though.  Peace.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10088 on: November 05, 2019, 01:17:07 PM »

Hello, everybody.   I haven't posted anything in a few weeks.  I haven't forgotten the forum.  I just haven't felt like saying anything lately.  I've been struggling with depression (as usual).  I'm working on it though.  Peace.

Hi, Loco; good to see you back! I struggle with depression as well. I wish you the best of luck with it; it is such an insidious disease.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10089 on: November 05, 2019, 01:17:59 PM »

Just got my son's (online) report card. The school has the Assistant Chaplain program classified as a sport.  ha2ha  That seems like a bit of a stretch.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #10090 on: November 06, 2019, 01:41:20 AM »

Normandie:  Thanks for the support and the sharing.  Sometimes my depression virtually cripples me although I still go to my job everyday.  At least, I'm not drinking like my dad did.  That was his medication.  He wouldn't have gone for help no matter what.  He thought he was above all that but he really wasn't.  And he blamed other people for his unhappiness.  R.I.P.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10091 on: November 06, 2019, 01:27:32 PM »

You have my sympathies Loco.
Depression must be a terrible thing to live with.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10092 on: November 06, 2019, 01:34:51 PM »

Normandie:  Thanks for the support and the sharing. 

You are most welcome, Loco. Depression is still so stigmatized (although things seem to be getting better) that most of those who suffer with it feel alone and isolated.

Sometimes my depression virtually cripples me although I still go to my job everyday. 

That is great! I used to spend up to 6 days of the week in bed. Sounds like you are functioning well and are strong enough to NOT let it cripple you. Some days, just getting out of bed can seem like an impossible task, so I admire you for overcoming that.

At least, I'm not drinking like my dad did.  That was his medication.  He wouldn't have gone for help no matter what.  He thought he was above all that but he really wasn't.  And he blamed other people for his unhappiness.  R.I.P.

I am so sorry to hear about your father. I can completely identify with the whole self-medicating thing. You probaby already know this, but both depression and alcoholism have genetic components.

Again, I wish you the best. Hang in there and know you are not alone!

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
« Reply #10093 on: November 12, 2019, 09:41:28 PM »

Anyone ever go back and look at their old posts? You can find a list of every single one on your profile page. I read mine from way back in 2007 when I was 16 and brand new to the forum. Lol funny how you change. Both in the maturity of how you talk, and your preferences. For example, I said Girl was the worst song on Rubber Soul if I HAD to choose one. And nowadays it's one of my very favorite Beatle songs. Now I'm all nostalgic because the forum was very active back then. I remember some of the old members and miss them.
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10094 on: November 12, 2019, 11:33:06 PM »

Anyone ever go back and look at their old posts? You can find a list of every single one on your profile page. I read mine from way back in 2007 when I was 16 and brand new to the forum. Lol funny how you change. Both in the maturity of how you talk, and your preferences. For example, I said Girl was the worst song on Rubber Soul if I HAD to choose one. And nowadays it's one of my very favorite Beatle songs. Now I'm all nostalgic because the forum was very active back then. I remember some of the old members and miss them.
Hi Julia, its amazing how many posters have disappeared, most forums have suffered the same fate I think.
Some blame Facebook for forum demise.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10095 on: November 13, 2019, 12:21:56 AM »

Julia, I once started a thread asking members to search for their first post on the Forum and comment on it.  Maybe it's a good idea to resurrect it:  Your First DM's Beatles Forums Post

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
« Reply #10096 on: November 13, 2019, 06:29:13 PM »

Hi nimrod,

Yes, that very well could be true about Facebook. I do like Facebook and there are plenty of good Beatle groups. But it's just different. Mostly it's just tons of pictures. You don't get the discussions that we have here. And now that I think of it, I feel like it was right around 2009 that members started to leave. And that happens to be when Facebook really took off. On Facebook you just can't get quite the same experience though! There were more young fans on here back then too. Maybe a lot of them just grew up and got busy with life? I might be the youngest one on here these days (28).

Thanks Hello Goodbye! Great idea!
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

KelMar

« Reply #10097 on: November 13, 2019, 10:19:54 PM »

Hi Julia, its amazing how many posters have disappeared, most forums have suffered the same fate I think.
Some blame Facebook for forum demise.

Hi nimrod,

Yes, that very well could be true about Facebook. I do like Facebook and there are plenty of good Beatle groups. But it's just different. Mostly it's just tons of pictures. You don't get the discussions that we have here.

Being an admin at a Beatles Facebook group was one of the worst experiences of my life! LOL  Julia, the one that you invited me to is much nicer than that one was but I agree; Facebook is not conducive to the type of camaraderie we have here. For one thing, it’s tricky to go back and find discussions after a while. But I think a lot of the younger members have gone there or just don’t have time for it anymore.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10098 on: November 30, 2019, 05:52:42 AM »

Our Milky Way Galaxy will collide with our neighboring Andromeda Galaxy in 2 billion years and life on earth as we know it will cease to exist. 

Whew!  When I read the article quickly for the first time, I thought it said 2 million years.

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10099 on: November 30, 2019, 12:46:17 PM »

Our Milky Way Galaxy will collide with our neighboring Andromeda Galaxy in 2 billion years and life on earth as we know it will cease to exist. 

Whew!  When I read the article quickly for the first time, I thought it said 2 million years.

200 years still wouldn't get a reaction from me...now 2 years, I might begin to wonder how to respond... :)
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 527

Page created in 0.732 seconds with 76 queries.