Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 527

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 650386 times)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #10300 on: April 27, 2021, 01:24:49 AM »

Tonight's Super Moon
I can stay till it's time to go
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10301 on: April 27, 2021, 01:58:56 PM »

Great picture Baz  icon_good
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #10302 on: April 27, 2021, 10:55:26 PM »

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10303 on: April 27, 2021, 11:28:32 PM »

ha2ha

I got my first pair of bifocals (!) last fall, but I hate to wear them, and I could totally see me making this mistake.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10304 on: April 28, 2021, 01:15:27 AM »

^

I hope you got the "blended bifocals."  If not, you'll look like Mrs. Suskowitz.

Who's Mrs. Suskowitz?  She was my elementary school principal who was forever asking me why I misbehaved and was sent to her office by my teacher.  After a while, I got tired of answering that same question and instead of going to her office, I would leave the school and go to the park across the street.  My teachers were too stupid to ever check if I reported to the principal's office.  When school let out, I would go home with the others.  Anyway "Suskie." as I called her, had these bifocals with lines which looked funny.  I used to tell her that.  She also wore her glasses on a chain which also looked ridiculous.  But it went with her "ensemble" of wearing her sweater draped over her shoulders. 

That school was good for a laugh alright!   ;D

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10305 on: April 28, 2021, 08:37:01 AM »

I hope you got the "blended bifocals." 

I sure did. I never would have heard the end of it (i.e., teasing) from my daughters if I hadn't.  :)

After a while, I got tired of answering that same question and instead of going to her office, I would leave the school and go to the park across the street.  My teachers were too stupid to ever check if I reported to the principal's office.  When school let out, I would go home with the others. 

That sounds exactly like something I would have done. ha2ha Well, in high school, anyway. In elementary school I was still pretty meek.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 09:03:32 AM by Normandie »

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10306 on: April 28, 2021, 06:41:49 PM »

That sounds exactly like something I would have done. ha2ha Well, in high school, anyway. In elementary school I was still pretty meek.

Well, I wasn't meek in elementary school, Kathy.  It was a parochial school so I had a bit more latitude than those in the public school system.  Some of my classmates were just as stupid as the principal and some of my teachers.  Take, for instance, Naomi.  She was the classic teacher's pet.  She was also a fire drill marshal with her white crossing guard belt and badge.  She once pulled me out of line for talking during a fire drill.  She took out her little spiral notebook and pen and said "I'm reporting you.  What's your name?"  "You've been in my class for five years.  You know my name," I responded.  She asked me for my name again and so I grabbed her little spiral notebook and threw it down a three-story stairwell.  She started crying and so I said to her "What kind of marshal cries?  You're pathetic!" 

Of course she ran to Suskie's office to "tell on me" and, of course, Suskie had me report to her office.  I told the principal that Naomi was a crybaby and that she should find another fire marshal.  Suskie told me to sit on the bench outside her office for the rest of the day.  An hour later, she had to leave her office and told me that she'd better find me sitting on the bench when she got back.  What a stupid request that was.  I left the building and hung out in the park the rest of the day.

There was a limit to how much stupidity I could put up with in one day.   :)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10307 on: April 28, 2021, 09:32:12 PM »

But, thinking back, Naomi had potential.  She was cute with her long brown hair and dark brown eyes.  And she did look rather lovely in her marshal regalia...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_Mw2tTgnwQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_Mw2tTgnwQ</a>

...I sure hope she outgrew her childish ways.  :)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10308 on: May 02, 2021, 01:44:21 PM »

This brought back a poignant memory of when my son, at around age 4, found a plain key ring element (just a metal ring, the part you put your keys on) in the garden and brought it inside and gave it to me because he thought it was an actual (jewelry) ring.

I still have it. It's one of the sweetest things, if not the sweetest thing, anyone has ever given me.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 07:18:30 PM by Normandie »

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10309 on: May 03, 2021, 03:58:04 AM »

^

A beautiful story, Kathy.  And a beautiful, and apropos, sentiment you posted.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10310 on: May 04, 2021, 09:10:45 AM »

^^^

Thanks, Barry.  :)

Uggghhh; a chapter I just started to work on has several long passages highlighted in various colors as having been flagged by iThenticate, the anti-plagairism software. So the development editor left it for me to take up with the author, a well-known scholar in Italy. Gee, thanks. Like I don't have enough on my mind right now >:(

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10311 on: May 09, 2021, 09:52:43 PM »

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10312 on: May 09, 2021, 10:19:56 PM »

But, thinking back, Naomi had potential.  She was cute with her long brown hair and dark brown eyes.  And she did look rather lovely in her marshal regalia...

Well, there's no way she looked as hot as Mick Jones (center) does in this photo (that hip thrust!!)  icon_love ;D

« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 10:27:27 PM by Normandie »

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10313 on: May 14, 2021, 04:12:03 PM »

Editors are rarely credited, so I'm just gonna grab some . . . A book I did last summer. Put a lot of work into it. 

Carol Potter played the mother (Cindy Walsh) on the original TV series Beverly Hills 90210; I was rather starstruck! She's very kind.

Just thought I'd bask in the reflections of someone else's glory.  ;)

« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 04:23:37 PM by Normandie »

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10314 on: May 14, 2021, 09:12:23 PM »

^^^^^^

Well, I'm not gonna replace that with "<deleted>, but I am off to re-read Cardinal Merry del Val's Litany of Humility, which I just happen to have taped to my desk.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 09:16:18 PM by Normandie »

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #10315 on: May 16, 2021, 08:29:03 AM »

Editors are rarely credited, so I'm just gonna grab some . . . A book I did last summer. Put a lot of work into it. 

Carol Potter played the mother (Cindy Walsh) on the original TV series Beverly Hills 90210; I was rather starstruck! She's very kind.

Just thought I'd bask in the reflections of someone else's glory.  ;)

Looks like a much needed book. Well done. Luckily my kids never had these type of issues. Couldn’t imagine how hard it must be to see your children suffer through these things.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10316 on: May 16, 2021, 12:57:12 PM »

Couldn’t imagine how hard it must be to see your children suffer through these things.

I can't, either. Fortunately my kids never faced anything like this, either.

The chapter on coping with your child's death was excruciating. Beautifully written, but I cried all the way through it. 

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10317 on: May 30, 2021, 01:53:18 PM »

The three unhappy sisters of the Olympic class. Love the account owner's comment.    8)

« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 01:54:50 PM by Normandie »

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10318 on: May 30, 2021, 08:04:34 PM »

The account owner chose a clever name...

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10319 on: May 30, 2021, 09:14:40 PM »

The account owner chose a clever name...

He sure did. He's the one who tipped me off to the fanedit version of Cameron's movie.

I have to share just one more image. This one makes me snicker every time I view it. He's clearly an irreverent millenial, but he seems to know his stuff. And his account label clarifies "Not a Jack and Rose fan page."  ;D

Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 527

Page created in 0.558 seconds with 76 queries.