Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Not Guilty  (Read 4886 times)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: Not Guilty
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2006, 04:48:10 PM »

Quote from: raxo

Maybe ... if you can't forget it ... by the way, were George and Paul the same person?

Sorry, I forgot it: let's forget it ...

Come on Raxo, I wasnt trying to argue or get into it about if the song was actually plagiarized or not, I dont really care. I just wanted an opinion if somebody actually tried to sue an actual member of the band that they were supposedly plagiarizing from. Sorry if it was touchy subject for you, but i'll agree to forget it.

Lets move on.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2006, 05:21:51 PM »

Quote from: tkitna

Come on Raxo, I wasnt trying to argue or get into it about if the song was actually plagiarized or not, I dont really care. I just wanted an opinion if somebody actually tried to sue an actual member of the band that they were supposedly plagiarizing from. Sorry if it was touchy subject for you, but i'll agree to forget it.

Lets move on.

I've got no problem, mate ... indeed I was trying to begin a debate but nobody wanted, so ...  ::)  :D

This following is off-topic and it should be on "random thought" thread or so, but:
I've noticed that many people understand quite different things reading the same sentence if you don't use faces and smilies and winks and so ... it seems that you're not as friendly as usual if you don't use them, and it's not so ... I'm half sad and half surprised about the replies to some others ... I'm sure that just because of this thing of the smilies and so ... We're afraid of hurting our people but more of hurting the rest of us, aren't we?  ??)

P.S. All the "you" are used here with a general meaning, I mean, I'm included on them  ...

P.S.S. Oops, I almost forgot it once more: let's forget it :P :) ;) ;D :D

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2006, 12:38:04 AM »

I've got no problem, mate ... indeed I was trying to begin a debate but nobody wanted, so ...  ::)  :D

I would have debated that. I hope I didnt come across as harsh. Hell man, this board has had its intense moments and everybody has gotten over it (well,,,most everybody). Anyways, I know I can come across as a real jerk sometimes, but that was not intended. One more item for food for thought,,,,,,'Tiny Bubble' is a better song than 'Piggies'.  ;D

Ok, I promise you that I will forget it now.

Peace my friend.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2006, 12:53:27 AM »

Quote from: tkitna

I would have debated that. I hope I didnt come across as harsh. Hell man, this board has had its intense moments and everybody has gotten over it (well,,,most everybody). Anyways, I know I can come across as a real jerk sometimes, but that was not intended. One more item for food for thought,,,,,,'Tiny Bubble' is a better song than 'Piggies'.  ;D

Ok, I promise you that I will forget it now.

Peace my friend.

I'm afraid I can't forget it by now, my friend.

I don't like Piggies ... so I agree that Tiny Bubble is better .. but not much better  :-/

I know something abutt the hard times ... I was here (as a guess) and I think I know how you are, so no problem ... the thing was that I thought you didn't understand that I was not specially sensitive with this topic  :P ... that's what I was trying to explain with my little speech ... sometimes I forget my 'smilies' and then some Miss-undertanding is born  :P

Peace, Love and Hope for you and yours. (flower)

P.S. It seems I'd have bought a posy today ... LOL!!!
Oops ... I forgot it again:  ;D  :D

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2006, 03:09:37 AM »

I don't like Piggies ... so I agree that Tiny Bubble is better .. but not much better  :-/

You speak the truth here. I'm not ashamed to say that i've hit the skip button on both of them a time or two.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2006, 12:53:00 PM »

Yep, I know you're not the only one  ;D

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2006, 12:17:01 AM »

plagarism could be a harsh word...they experienced many situations together and maybe each wrote their interupitation in similar verse of a same situation or maybe one was replying his veiw to the other...hard to know for sure unless you are directly involve....in fact i think that the beatles should be safe from suits against each other because of consecutive experiences....can you dig it brothers and sisters??????!!! live and let live....

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2006, 01:57:59 PM »

I second pc31's words ...

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2007, 01:06:44 AM »

Quote from: 297
At least Piggies could be used by Paul  ::)

I su-pose that more than one have heard Piggies in Paul's Tiny Bubble (Driving Rain, 2001):

[...]

I've heard a kind of fast version of Paul's Martha My Dear in George's 1968 Wonderwall instrumental Drilling A Home (spicealley in the long piano intro) ...

... and this could be easilly not the only example for Paul inspiration: another Wonderwall track, Ski Ing (with that riff over the driving drums and bass), could have been an early version of one of Paul's 1971 Wild Life short links between p[size=9](r)[/size]oper songs ...

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2007, 05:06:03 PM »

:B I forgot to mention that George's 1968 Wonderwall instrumental Drilling A Home one-minute piano intro is almost an early fast version of Paul's Martha My Dear plus Rocky Racoon honk tonk piano ... both from some months later ...
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 50 queries.