Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: The Lennon Exploiting  (Read 10214 times)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
Re: The Lennon Exploiting
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2008, 04:56:58 PM »

Quote from: 971

I just don't like where it's all going Sandra , from Lennon underpants to ice cream , it's not about John it's about making money .
He deserve's better than becoming a tacky trinket .

C-eqNTSyyTE

Mrs Lennon

• A Thousand Pages
  • Standing or Sitting When Not Lying Down
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2008, 05:44:40 PM »

Quote from: 1657
What's even more depressing is that the advertisers think that true Beatles/Lennon fans are actually going to buy these products. A true fan would be royally p*ssed about something like this.

I need to apologize for that. Like Sandra said, it depends on what you buy, and what the product is about, and the message the product seems to covey. Like, if a John Lennon t-shirt simply has his face on, that's fine, because it's just like a Beatles t-shirt with their faces on it. That shirt says "I am a John Lennon fan" While if it's ice cream or an action figure, it tends to sream "Yoko Ono is trying to get money from selling this and I am being thick enough to buy it"
But I do think that John Lennon underpants is really going too far, if they actually exist.
Music is like candy; you throw away the rappers.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2008, 12:29:38 AM »

Quote from: 1447
I actually have a Beatles ornament for my tree :)  (It's their cartoon alter-egos)

Wow, where did you find that?

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2008, 12:57:33 AM »

^  They have them through Carlton Cards or I got mine in a store in Frankenmuth (Bronners http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronner%27s_Christmas_Wonderland )

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2008, 03:43:31 AM »

Add "official" John Lennon license plates to the pile:  ;D

Lennon License Plate Coming To More states
December 9 / AP

BOCA RATON, Fla. -- The state of Florida was the first to have John Lennon "Imagine" license plates, but now more states could be getting them.

Yoko Ono allowed Florida to use Lennon's self-portrait and the word "Imagine" on a specialty plate, with the money raised from its sale going to the Florida Association of Food Banks.

More than 31,000 of the plates have been sold in Florida.

The company that helped create the plates, Foundation Consultants, is pushing to get the plate in Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama and Illinois first, then the 17 other states that allow specialty license plates. The plates would help generate funds for food banks in each state.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2009, 10:33:58 AM »

Quote from: 216
  Though John Lennon is already immortalized to most of us thanks to his words and voice, many Lennon and Beatle fans can now look forward to adding new tribute pieces to their collection. Today NECA is proud to unveil our first John Lennon 18" Action Figure w/motion activated sound. Coming in Spring 2006, this is the first officially licensed John Lennon Figure ever. He will "speak" authentic John Lennon phrases and is known as "The New York Years" John Lennon.

I saw this doll (or "action figure," whatever) in person and it really, really, really creeped me out.  There is something too weird about a John doll that speaks "authentic John Lennon phrases."  It's like he's been reduced to a talking Barbie doll now and it gives me the chills.

Also, John Lennon's pic on an iPod box:

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/news/comments/john-lennon-ipod-touch-box-covers-five-touch-versions/13363

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2009, 12:20:31 PM »

^ Yoko may or may not have made some sort of contribution to the New York avant garde and/or pop music, but her achievements in the field of clueless bad taste are very nearly peerless. Only the Presley Estate comes close.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.345 seconds with 55 queries.