Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band  (Read 12856 times)

Lennon

• A Beginning
  • John Lennon: Best Songwriter in Rock History
Re: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2005, 04:06:05 AM »

rubber soul is defenitely better

John Lennon the Legend

« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2005, 05:12:12 PM »

I honestly think its hard to compare any of their albums, each one is so different than the next. Its not like comparing Madonna albums. Each has its own flavor and you're talking about a band that did covers like "Chains" going to 'Revolver' or 'Pepper' in 3-4 short years. Its incredible. Nothing agains "Chains" by the way, just an example of their evolution.

In Blue Hawaii

• Getting Better
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2005, 12:20:27 PM »

I think sometimes albums like Sgt. Pepper invite harsh criticism simply by virtue of the fact that they were so highly praised to begin with. Some people would rather tear down the top shelf than learn how to get up there. Plus, after Revolver started replacing Pepper in so many critics' 'best of all time' lists, I think that contributed to the notion that Pepper is overblown and not as good as something like Revolver. The whole psychedelia thing just doesn't seem to be all that hip in general right about now. But the pendulum always swings back eventually. Who ever thought the '80s would be 'cool' in pop culture again? Only those who remembered the pendulum would swing back. Pepper will probably regain some of its stature in time. But for now, 'the greatest rock album of all time' is ceding the spotlight and the title. Who knows, maybe soon people will feel compelled to trash revolver, and something from a different decade will become the general consensus 'best album of all time.' Wait and see...

In Blue Hawaii

• Getting Better
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2005, 12:26:26 PM »

While this is certainly an interesting thread, I think it would be better if everyone stated what in their opinion is the greatest Beatles album, and why it is, instead of merely saying Pepper isn't it.

In Blue Hawaii

• Getting Better
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2005, 12:26:58 PM »

I can't decide between Revolver (better track by track) and Sgt. Pepper's (better as a whole)

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2005, 03:18:51 PM »

Sgt. Pepper was a "cultural " wake up the first time the "art" world proclaimed it a work of art! Musically speaking! The classical crowd also stood up and took notice. Can we say that of the other Beatle Lps? Highly doubtful. It's the rebirth of the band morfing into this new group leaving the 4 mop tops beside the grave and ushering in the "physcidellic era" I don't think that can be said both musically and visualy of the other lps!

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2005, 03:37:15 PM »

^ I agree with all this. But at the end of the day Revolver has the better songs and is the one I'd rather listen to.
don't follow leaders
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 46 queries.