Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What is the best Beatles album of all time?  (Read 5155 times)

Wayne L.

What is the best Beatles album of all time?
« on: March 10, 2005, 03:41:10 PM »

I think The Beatles(White Album) is the best Beatles album of all time because it's creatively, musically & artistically a masterpiece with its back to basics approach which defines the Fab 4 during the late 60's & my favorite era of the band.  

Joost

• That Means a Lot
Re: What is the best Beatles album of all time?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 04:06:48 PM »

The White Album definately has some great songs, but also too much crap (crap for Beatles standards, that is). It has at least 6 songs that I always skip, so I can't see it as the hightlight in the Beatles discography.

My favorite is probably Abbey Road.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 07:03:07 PM »

My favorite is Sgt. Pepper's, but it's different for everyone.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 07:08:34 PM »

Magical Mystery Tour.

Brynjar

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005, 07:08:38 PM »

My personal fav. is Rubber Soul.
They were the most brilliant, powerful, lovable, popular group on the planet. - Q, 1995.

TurnMeOnDeadman

• A Thousand Pages
  • Creme Tangerine
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005, 02:52:50 AM »

Revolver

mih ssim mih ssim ,won daed si luap

"LSD is a drug made famous by John Lennon and Paul Mccartney"
 &nb

In Blue Hawaii

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2005, 10:58:57 AM »

Pepper. I love Pepper. I adore Pepper.

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2005, 12:20:38 PM »

some of my most favorite songs were on the white album so i always considered it the best, but when you think about it, like biscuit said, it's just filled with too much crap too.

i think, now, revolver was their finest and msot consistent album with great songs contributed by john, paul, and  george.
All You Need is Love  :K) :K) :K)

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2005, 12:29:19 PM »

Quote from: juniorsfarm
Magical Mystery Tour.

Surely MMT is a compilation album and therefore doesn't count.
don't follow leaders

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2005, 12:34:10 PM »

^ I always look at MMT in the same way.
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2005, 01:06:47 PM »

Quote from: lennonlemon
some of my most favorite songs were on the white album so i always considered it the best, but when you think about it, like biscuit said, it's just filled with too much crap too.

i think, now, revolver was their finest and msot consistent album with great songs contributed by john, paul, and
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2005, 03:24:46 PM »

Quote from: kevin_b

Surely MMT is a compilation album and therefore doesn't count.

Magical Mystery Tour is a Beatle Album so it does count, and is the best one as far as I'm concerned. Only one side would count as a compilation. Do me a favor Kevin, don't reply to my posts, you are an overbearing know-it-all, and we're only talking about opinions here.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2005, 03:30:56 PM »

Even though half of the material on Magical Mystery Tour was released earlier, it was at the time all recent material that wasn't on any other official album, so I don't really see MMT as a compilation.

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2005, 04:02:12 PM »

Quote from: Biscuit_Power
Even though half of the material on Magical Mystery Tour was released earlier, it was at the time all recent material that wasn't on any other official album, so I don't really see MMT as a compilation.

Thank you. MMT always got the short end of the stick for some reason, but it was my first exposure to the Beatles and the material on it is outstanding, and you're right. 'Blue Jay Way', 'Your Mother Should Know', etc., weren't singles, so how can the album as a whole be considered a compilation? It ain't.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2005, 04:38:03 PM »

Magical Mystery Tour is a Beatle Album so it does count, and is the best one as far as I'm concerned. Only one side would count as a compilation. Do me a favor Kevin, don't reply to my posts, you are an overbearing know-it-all, and we're only talking about opinions here.

Sorry but I have to. That's a rather strong statement.
If I disagree with something I say so, and hopefully in a way that shows it is also my opinion.
On several occassions I have admitted to being wrong.
When talking about Beatle Albums I have always thought that only the original British releases were considered albums, and not foreign hybrids (which the US album was).
MMt is no more than album than the American Hey Jude album.
I say this not to argue your opinion, but to dispute a fact, just as others dicussed who sang the rrrs etc in day in The life.
I'm sorry if you find that overbearing.
don't follow leaders

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2005, 06:15:21 PM »

Sorry but I have to. That's a rather strong statement.
If I disagree with something I say so, and hopefully in a way that shows it is also my opinion.
On several occassions I have admitted to being wrong.
When talking about Beatle Albums I have always thought that only the original British releases were considered albums, and not foreign hybrids (which the US album was).
MMt is no more than album than the American Hey Jude album.
I say this not to argue your opinion, but to dispute a fact, just as others dicussed who sang the rrrs etc in day in The life.
I'm sorry if you find that overbearing.

That's fine. Provincial attitude aside, Magical Mystery Tour was finally released in the UK in 1976, so it does exist as a British release in album form, but assuming you are a purist, I suppose its only the EP that counts. I am in the US. Magical Mystery Tour was released here as an album. The US released album isn't a compilation. It is my favorite. I consider it the best. Not many others agree, and I'm fine with that. Yesterday you decided to reply to my post that I think each Beatle album is unique by saying you disagree and some are more enjoyable than others. So what? It was my opinion and you listed nothing. So why bother to reply?

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2005, 09:36:17 PM »

I fully admit that I'm a newbie when it comes to the Beatles, but I have absolutely fallen in love with the White Album. It seems to have such a range. From the almost punkish sounds of Helter Skelter and Rock-a-billy sound of Back in the USSR, to the easy harmonies of Blackbird and Revolution 1, the band seems to have explored every boundary in their musical ability. It even has some wildly experimental sounds like Wild Honey Pie and Revolution 9. Lyrically the album has some simple songs like Birthday, but from what I have heard it also seems to be one of their more complex albums. I could be wrong, and I'm willing to take criticism but I still say I love The White Album.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2005, 10:11:20 PM »

Yesterday you decided to reply to my post that I think each Beatle album is unique by saying you disagree and some are more enjoyable than others. So what? It was my opinion and you listed nothing. So why bother to reply?

I didn't want to repeat myself. I've stated loads of times that I don't rate either For Sale or Help that highly. I was merely making a simple statement.
But if you want, Ok, Revolver,  White Allbum and With The Beatles are a more enjoyable listen than Please Please Me or Beatles For Sale.
I enjoy these discussions, and will ensure that I fully support future statements.
But you have to accept that if you give an opinion some people are sometimes going to disagree with you. And as long as I reply in an inoffensive, factual manner, I don't think I do any harm.
don't follow leaders

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2005, 10:38:54 PM »

But you have to accept that if you give an opinion some people are sometimes going to disagree with you.

I have no problem with people's opinions that differ from mine. That's why they are opinions, favorite this, worst that, there are no right or wrong opinions. When you declare your opinion as fact, to wit: 'MMT is a compilation and cannot be counted', then I have a problem. MMT is not a compilation. Period. And for the last time, I believe it counts as a legitimate album, and happens to be my favorite and I consider it their best. I think we've beaten this to death and can move on.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2005, 12:22:07 AM »

yes, we have both stated our cases, and nothing more is to be gained.
Though I still disagree.
don't follow leaders
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.311 seconds with 82 queries.