Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Laurence Juber  (Read 1042 times)

Laurence Juber
« on: June 26, 2005, 03:54:39 PM »

As most of you know, Laurence Juber was a "Wing" for the 'Back to the Egg' era until the bust in Japan. He won the first Grammy for a Rock Instrumental for 'Rockestra'. He is, or has just, released "One Hand Clapping" which is an acoustic CD of Macca songs, and if it is 1/2 as good as his acoustic Beatles CD, its worth checking out. He did an acoustic version of "Strawberry Fields" that is just incredible-worth the price of the disc alone. An extraordinary guitar player and super talented.

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
Re: Laurence Juber
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2005, 04:17:47 PM »

His acoustic Beatles cd was great, and SFF is my favorite along with Oh! Darling, but I have to admit, if he's coming out with an acoustic Macca album as you say, my gut feeling is that it won't meet expectations. Hopefully, I'll be wrong and isntead be pleasantly surprised.
All You Need is Love  :K) :K) :K)

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 04:18:45 PM »

Do you by any chance know the track listening?
All You Need is Love  :K) :K) :K)

Bobber

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 10:39:47 AM »

Former WINGS star LAURENCE JUBER will 'team up' with former bandmate SIR PAUL MCCARTNEY as part of a San Francisco, California, photography exhibition. The guitar virtuoso, who recently released a classical album of Wings tunes, called One Wing, will perform during the closing week of EACH ONE BELIEVING, photographer BILL BERNSTEIN's upcoming exhibit of snapshots chronicling MCCartney's 2002 and 2003 world tour. Grammy-winner Juber, who was a member of Wings from 1978 until the group disbanded in 1981, is set to perform a special evening of acoustic music at the San Francisco Art Exchange, where the photography exhibition takes place, on 12 May (06). The exhibition features 46 limited edition prints of MCCartney on tour. The show marks only the second time the photos have been shown in North America.

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 03:43:38 PM »

not really interesting for me.

Bobber

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 08:47:38 AM »

Interview with Alive

ALIVE: While working with Paul McCartney in the studio, was he an inspiration? Was he a taskmaster?

JUBER: Actually, it was a great experience because he's a creative artist. Being able to interact with that level of artistry was a challenge, but also an inspiration. I wouldn't say that he was a taskmaster. With a clear artistic vision, much of the time he had a very precise idea as to where he wanted to go with something.

ALIVE: So he was specific in what he wanted you to play?

JUBER: Oh, I was given a great deal of freedom. I was able to create my own guitar parts and kind of find my place in the context of the band. It was an educational experience all around because he is so very eclectic that

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 45 queries.