Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: paul makes me wanna be a bass player  (Read 896 times)

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
paul makes me wanna be a bass player
« on: July 21, 2007, 03:14:23 PM »

ive been playing guitar for years and im a far better guitar player than bass player, and all my idols are guitar players but for some reason in the beatles i idolise pauls bass playing whenever my band are doing covers i play guitar except for when we do beatles covers i wrestle the bass off our bass player lol anyone else play a certain instrument and when it comes to playing there songs wishes they were playing the same as them?, i think he makes bass look cooler than any other guy ive seen play it

Leopard Skin Pill Box Man

• A Beginning
Re: paul makes me wanna be a bass player
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 03:18:44 PM »

I feel the exact same way, I think that it's pretty amazing that he went from playing guitar to bass and mastered it not long after. McCartney is pretty multi-talented and has a tendency to make us want to play our instruments as well as he does. He inspired me to play the piano.

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 03:22:48 PM »

yeah man i generally dont look at bass players and think i wanna play bass as ive always idolized guys likes of  hendrix, frusciante,c oxon, marr, greenwood on guitar but with mccartney i idolize his bass playing more so than the guys ive mentioned lol bit of a dilemma as im guitarist

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 09:05:37 PM »

Macca was so innovative on his bass playing when the Beatles first came out, no one
really played bass like him before, then & since i think. The greatest thing about him was
that he made his bass sing the song they were playing. you can hum his bass playing
to All My Loving, I Saw Her Stading There, Can'y Buy Me Love & i'm sure many others!
Mark of genius! :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Revolution

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 02:35:47 AM »

I've played guitar for 23 yrs.and am Nuts about Keith Moon's drumming and Paul's virtuosity on Bass!!!!!!!!!I'd Love to play Bass like that. My son plays a bit of Bass.

Leopard Skin Pill Box Man

• A Beginning
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 01:16:34 PM »

Actually now that I think about it, the very first little thing I learned to play on bass was Getting Better. I still think that is the most moving bass playing he's done (that and maybe I Want You (She's So Heavy))

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 02:45:29 PM »

He's still impressive! just listen to his bass lines on See Your Sunshine, That Was Me
or Mr Bellamy! :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 04:26:11 PM »

Paul is an amazing bass player... and guitar, drums, CELESTE player! Hehehe, he could play any instrument.
Welcome Leopard Skin Pill Box Man. 23 posts in your first day, that's impressive!  :P
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

Page created in 0.844 seconds with 52 queries.