Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 211

Author Topic: User Pics  (Read 414350 times)

Octie

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's sunshine life for me...
Re: User Pics
« Reply #2120 on: July 06, 2009, 11:52:06 PM »

Hehe, thanks so much Jane, Penny, Magnie and Hello Goodbye ;D

Oh yeah, a mortar board... awesome picture-pun, HG ;D Down here it they just called it... a cap
I'd ask my friends to come and see... an Octopus's Garden with me ^___^

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2121 on: July 07, 2009, 08:53:05 AM »

My first communion. Bah hah. My cousin recently posted it on FB. Strange. I find this pic so funny. I mean, really, what's up with the tiny wedding dress. Is this just a Catholic thing? And are we supposed to be marrying Jesus or something? I don't even remember. Youth, how I miss it!

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #2122 on: July 07, 2009, 10:42:48 AM »

My first communion. Bah hah. My cousin recently posted it on FB. Strange. I find this pic so funny. I mean, really, what's up with the tiny wedding dress. Is this just a Catholic thing? And are we supposed to be marrying Jesus or something? I don't even remember. Youth, how I miss it!

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! So adorable!!!!!! Very nice dress- the whole picture is very artistic.

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #2123 on: July 07, 2009, 03:13:33 PM »

My first communion. Bah hah. My cousin recently posted it on FB. Strange. I find this pic so funny. I mean, really, what's up with the tiny wedding dress. Is this just a Catholic thing?

Haha, it might be...  I remember my first communion dress was a flower girl dress that I wore for a wedding a few months earlier.  It seems like even still all the little girls are decked out in white

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

Bobber

« Reply #2124 on: July 07, 2009, 06:30:34 PM »

You look younger than ever before Sandra. ;D

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2125 on: July 07, 2009, 08:16:33 PM »

You look younger than ever before Sandra. ;D

LOL!! That's funny. If only I had the Benjamin Button thing...

Anyone else have to wear that thing for communion? It's such a strange tradition. Seriously. And all I remember from the Sunday school classes is pergatory and getting ready to make confession. Both horrifying to a child.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2126 on: July 07, 2009, 08:18:23 PM »

You all should post some pics of yourselves as kids. That would be so funny! I'd love to see some of our older members back in the day. Even as teens with big hair and ridiculous outfits.

Mrs Lennon

• A Thousand Pages
  • Standing or Sitting When Not Lying Down
« Reply #2127 on: July 07, 2009, 08:37:23 PM »

I remember my first communion. I wore this fancy white dress (me in a dress? :o) and a veil. I honestly thought to myself
"But I'm not getting married!" Lol.
Music is like candy; you throw away the rappers.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2128 on: July 07, 2009, 10:15:37 PM »

I remember my first communion. I wore this fancy white dress (me in a dress? :o) and a veil. I honestly thought to myself
"But I'm not getting married!" Lol.

Marrying God or something. Isn't that the idea? Or is that just for the nuns. I have no idea.

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2129 on: July 07, 2009, 10:26:01 PM »

^^^^^^Awwwwww!!!!  That is so adorable!!!  That veil looks almost like the one I had at my first communion!!!  And now the girls at my church that go to first communion in the 2nd grade don't wear the "short wedding dress".........it's like a pageant and they all wear long, white gowns........and they do look like "little brides"...........this is just a Catholic thing, you know?????  A bunch of pomp and ceremony type stuff.......

Bobber

« Reply #2130 on: July 08, 2009, 08:15:47 AM »

You all should post some pics of yourselves as kids. That would be so funny! I'd love to see some of our older members back in the day. Even as teens with big hair and ridiculous outfits.

I seem to remember that Mairi once started a thread about this.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2131 on: July 08, 2009, 10:01:05 PM »

^^^^^^Awwwwww!!!!  That is so adorable!!!  That veil looks almost like the one I had at my first communion!!!  And now the girls at my church that go to first communion in the 2nd grade don't wear the "short wedding dress".........it's like a pageant and they all wear long, white gowns........and they do look like "little brides"...........this is just a Catholic thing, you know?????  A bunch of pomp and ceremony type stuff.......

I can't imagine kids wearing long dresses and stuff like that!! Yeesh. My friend's daughter just had her first communion on Long Island. I think she just wore the regular short dress. I have to look again. I would have hated anything longer than knee length. I was out of that dress and out the door so fast after the whole ceremony that I lost that beautiful cross my grandma had just given me! Still feel guilty over that!

aspinall_lover

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2132 on: July 08, 2009, 11:12:13 PM »

That's what all the girls do down here.  I couldn't believe it when I saw the ceremony when my little Greg went to 1st communion nearly 4 years ago.  Long dresses when I went thru was unheardof.......this little girls looked like they were going thru the debutant ball..........

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2133 on: July 08, 2009, 11:27:22 PM »

It's funny to dress little girls up like that. But a lot of them probably love it. Makes them feel like a princess or something. I just remember wanting to get it over with because I didn't like the classes. I was thrilled when they did away with the classes for confirmation because they felt no one was even learning anything. And then we got the day off from school just to drink some wine and eat a wafer. Now that was cool. ;D

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #2134 on: July 09, 2009, 02:17:26 AM »

LOL so cute. I wore a white dress to my first communion and we still have it! I didn't wear a veil though. I had a little purse and lace gloves.

Sondra, how old were you when this picture was taken? I thought First Communion was supposed to happen when you were about seven, but you look older.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2135 on: July 09, 2009, 02:32:08 AM »

I was in Second Grade. So about that age I would say! How old do I look there?

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2136 on: July 09, 2009, 02:35:49 AM »

I'd say about 11. But still very cute!

I had a Beatle cut around that time. Very traumatising. I refuse to show anyone pictures of it.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2137 on: July 09, 2009, 02:41:56 AM »

Nah, I had much shorter hair at 11. And feathered. Goofy. Post your Beatle hair cut pic!! This is a Beatle site!!!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 02:44:05 AM by Sandra »

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2138 on: July 09, 2009, 02:46:15 AM »

I don't think I have any on my computer.

Remember, we don't have a lot of photos of me, as I was whining about on that old post. Can't believe that was like 4 years ago,

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2139 on: July 09, 2009, 02:51:25 AM »

Five years ago. That's hysterical. You're still a baby! They HAVE to have a pic of your first communion though!! If not, I'll have yell at them myself! ;D
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 211

Page created in 0.867 seconds with 81 queries.