Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Anyone else just love their Beatles' albums?  (Read 2856 times)

Waspinators

• One And One Is Two
Anyone else just love their Beatles' albums?
« on: September 07, 2007, 05:59:26 AM »

I don't know why, but I always feel a sense of pride in the Beatles albums that I have (well, in file form). I mean, everyone and their mother has the main studio albums, Love, and the Past Masters, but only a true fan has the Anthologies, Let It Be... Naked, Live at the BBC, solo albums (I only have John and George's though) and other more obscure albums (like the Christmas album and Hollywood Bowl). I'm sure all of you have most of those extra albums, doesn't it feel great to have the complete Beatles collection?  ;D

Yes I know I'm a dork...
<br />Back in the USSR, you don't know how lucky you are.

Bobber

Re: Anyone else just love their Beatles' albums?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 07:26:38 AM »

My girlfriend thinks it's a waste of space.  ;D

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 09:26:14 AM »

Quote from: 736
I don't know why, but I always feel a sense of pride in the Beatles albums that I have
Oh I have pride in them too (the minimal qty that I own...). In fact my friend asked me to borrow some of them just to listen over the weekend... I'm too protective over them... I still didnt give them to her...  ::)

Quote from: 63
My girlfriend
Not my business.... but I thought you were married...  :-/

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

BlueMeanie

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 09:56:00 AM »

Quote from: 596
Not my business.... but I thought you were married...  :-/

I think he lives in sin. As do I! :)

I lived with The Beatles for so long that my feelings about their records are probably quite different to yours. I think of them as old friends; reliable and trustworthy. My main Beatles listening these days is bootlegs. I used to have a decent collection of Beatles stuff; a quite rare White Album, a few first issue albums and singles, a complete collection of EP's. I also used to have some copies of Mersey Beat, and Beatles Monthly. Over the years they've become less important to me. I sold most of it before I moved to Denmark. I do still have my signed copy of AHDN (Macca only), and my first pressing MMT EP. And the poster that came with 1 is framed on the wall!

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 11:17:11 AM »

I'm definitely proud of all the Beatles' albums (except probably Yellow Submarine and maybe Let It Be... still great music for sure). All of those albums are simply fantastic, a state-of-the-art sound for its era, full of beautiful and well-known songs, and all in the short space of 8 years. Personally I have all Beatles albums (except A Hard Day's Night... don't know why...) but I didn't bought yet the Past Masters, Anthology 3, Love, the YS Songtrack... In all I have 41 Beatles related albums, and I'm proud of it. Please I need remastered re-issues! PLEASE!  :'(
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 11:22:51 AM »

Quote from: 713
Please I need remastered re-issues! PLEASE!  :'(

Don't we all!!! Get to the back of the queue! ;D

Bobber

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 12:22:09 PM »

Quote from: 483

I think he lives in sin. As do I! :)

I do.  :)

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 01:20:53 PM »

I have all the Beatles albums (of course! :P), along with the
Anthologies, past masters, capitol sets, but i do have to make
my own CD copies of the albums that were never released on cd.
sad to some people i know, but i HAVE TO ADMIT that i 'm obsessed! :P ;D :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 05:00:33 PM »

i have all there stuff on my hdd, i dont have anything on disc or record as i listen to all my music on my pc, but i love everything i have on the beatles from the audio to all the video stuff i tend to at least get through it all once day at some point

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 08:54:10 PM »

I don't know why, but I always feel a sense of pride in the Beatles albums that I have (well, in file form). I mean, everyone and their mother has the main studio albums, Love, and the Past Masters, but only a true fan has the Anthologies, Let It Be... Naked, Live at the BBC, solo albums (I only have John and George's though) and other more obscure albums (like the Christmas album and Hollywood Bowl). I'm sure all of you have most of those extra albums, doesn't it feel great to have the complete Beatles collection?  ;D

Yes I know I'm a dork...

YES, I have all those too(including ALL the original Capitol albums and all their UK counterparts)
if your a Beatles "completist", lived through the era yourself..it's only natural that you want EVERYTHING they ever commited to disc--including ALL the solo work. With me, I'll let ppl borrow my car but NEVER my Beatle albums..I guard them w/ my life. always have. I have a LOT of RARE stuff. In fact, if a robber ever broke into my house and said, "your Beatle stuff or your life", I'd probably hesitate and say "make it a clean shot" lol

...and one more thing : ANYONE devoted to The Fab is SOO NOT a dork, because if we are, I'm proud to be a Beatles dork ANYDAY. Period.

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 09:10:35 PM »

^Yeah, I'm totally a Beatles dork too! Hey, but that's cool with me, and I'm sure everyone else can relate! I have all the albums on CD (except for Let It Be 'cause I have the Naked one. But, I've been wanting the original for awhile, gotta get it soon, I can't believe I still don't have it!), Love, the 3 Anthologies, Blue album, both Past Masters, One of course, Rock & Roll Music, Live At The BBC, and an interview CD. A few of these are my dad's, but I kinda stole them since they're in my room!  ;) My dad and I have a lot of solo albums between us, and there's still PLENTY more to come!

My mom also has some old records that were her's when she was little in the '60s. She gave them to me, which is pretty cool 'cause they're like antiques. I've never thought about getting an iPod or anything, 'cause I'm such a Beatle nerd that I like to have the booklets and the cover and all that jazz! Plus, I think the sound quality of iPods are definitly not as advanced as a CD player or stereo. So, I'm pretty obsessed and proud of it!
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 09:26:18 PM »

Quote Beatlemaniac64:

"My mom also has some old records that were her's when she was little in the '60s. She gave them to me, which is pretty cool 'cause they're like antiques".

oh my god, now I feel so old HAHAHA!!  :D because I was "little" in the 60's too!  so if your mom's Beatle albums are "antiques"...we (first generation) Beatle freaks are too !!!!   oh well, STILL PROUD OF IT--VERY PROUD !! 8)

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 09:38:50 PM »

Quote from: 829
Quote Beatlemaniac64:

"My mom also has some old records that were her's when she was little in the '60s. She gave them to me, which is pretty cool 'cause they're like antiques".

Yes, i have the same problem! ;D
I have early vinyl of Beatles albums from my mum but i do sometimes take a
quick look in a charity shop & spot a few vinyl albums, singles of the Beatles together & solo.

Flaming Pie in the Sky

• A Thousand Pages
    • Gone Troppo
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2007, 10:27:50 PM »

My parents aren't even fans (!), so I had to start my whole collection by myself. But that makes it even more special for me because I bought everything myself. 8)

Waspinators

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2007, 05:21:22 AM »

Man, I'm so greedy with my Beatles music. I don't mind burning people the original studio albums, the Past Masters, and maybe Love (like I said, everyone has those), but the Anthologies, solo albums, the BBC Album, Christmas Album, LIB Naked, and Hollywood Bowl, I keep to myself.  ;D

In fact, a friend of mine just got a hold of the basic albums I mentioned, and came up to me at school and said something like:

Him: "Haha I just got every Beatles song ever released, I probably have more than you."

Me: "How many do you have?"

Him: "255 and like 20 solo songs. You?"

Me: "508 and 301 solo songs. Mhm."

Him: ":O"
<br />Back in the USSR, you don't know how lucky you are.

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2007, 05:48:36 PM »

Him: "255 and like 20 solo songs. You?"

... :o boy, that guy has a lot to learn about The Fab's true solo output

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2007, 03:23:28 PM »

Quote from: 614
... but i do have to make
my own CD copies of the albums that were never released on cd.
sad to some people i know, but i HAVE TO ADMIT that i 'm obsessed! :P ;D :)

It happens the same with me. I'm finishing my official collection, so I want to have Beatles Oldies, Rock'n'Roll Music, Love Songs, Hollywood Bowl, Star Club, all in CD.  :P

The funny thing would be make Rock'n'Roll Music and Love Songs in Double CDs as the Blue and Red albums are avaiable. Just imagine I had to find a light-blue box and a green box.
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2007, 05:16:51 PM »

yeah, i've only just finshed making my own copies of
the Beatles Box which came out in 1980. ;D
My folks say why i have to make these things has i
already have them on the actual albums. I just say that
i'm a Beatles-nutcase!  :P I'm just wondering if
you can actually get the Rock n Roll Music compilation on CD,
as it was the first Beatles stuff i owned (on cassette of course :P)
and i have wonderful memories of it!! :) 8)

Andy

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2007, 05:55:44 PM »

Quote from: 614
i'm a Beatles-nutcase!  :

Andy

join the club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm happily Beatle-obsessed--will be 'till I die. :)

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2007, 07:43:01 PM »

^Hehe, I definitly think that I'm part of this nutcase club!  ;D ;)
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 83 queries.