Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Love Me Do vs PS I Love You  (Read 2851 times)

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
Re: Love Me Do vs PS I Love You
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2009, 02:54:12 PM »

I think Love Me Do is a more logical choice for a first song. I think it is better than anything else they had at the time. Remember, that most of the other A&R men around in England rejected them. George Martin was a risk taker. He was the only one around that recognized their talent. I think he was a little skeptical as well. EMI as a whole had rejected them. Parlophone was a label for mostly comedy records, and off beat recordings.

At the time, as funny as it sounds now, they were only partially ready for the big time. I personally don't believe it, but it has been speculated that Brian Epstein bought most of the copies of Love Me Do/PS I Love You so as to make it chart. I know this does not answer which song should have been used as the A-side, but the point I am trying to make is this is the best they had to offer at the time. Please Please Me was not written or completely worked out. As I said above, Love Me Do is the more logical choice.
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

roscoe

• A Beginning
Re: Love Me Do vs PS I Love You
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2009, 02:25:31 AM »

I would classify PSILU as would John--Pauls granny music.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 38 queries.